Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,371 members, 7,846,591 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B (38786 Views)

Jeff Bezos Is Accused Of Being A Climate Hypocrite( Pics) / Jeff Bezos And Lauren Sanchez Sex Chat Leaked, Led To His Crashed Marriage / Who Was The Richest Man In Nigeria Before Dangote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by koning: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

I think your post is ignorant, go and write one single line of code, just hello world and see..... dangote only produces a product that is not intelligent, but my man the code running facebook alone can power jet planes.

Just saw your stoopid and ultra juvenile post right now. I don't think you possess the spatial thinking faculties to comprehend where I was going to with my comment.
What I posted is common knowledge within genuine business forums all over the world. If Facebook code can power jet planes, then he should be building Jet planes with it, like Elon Musk does and not "Facebook", the most economically useless company in the world. No thanks to gullible teenagers like you.

They deserve the wealth they have garnered in this day and age, but Facebook does not contribute anything tangible to human kind.

2 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by coolmarvy: 4:25pm On Jul 17, 2018
That is the power of rendering services

2 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
koning:

Just saw your stoopid and ultra juvenile post right now. I don't think you possess the spatial thinking faculties to comprehend where I was going to with my comment.
What I posted is common knowledge within genuine business forums all over the world. If Facebook code can power jet planes, then he should be building Jet planes with it, like Elon Musk does and not "Facebook", the most economically useless company in the world. No thanks to gullible teenagers like you.

They deserve the wealth they have garnered in this day and age, but Facebook does not contribute anything tangible to human kind.
there you go again, you just doubled your ignorance, facebook has done a good job connecting billions of people, people advertise businesses on facebook, people even run transactions through facebook, elections and politics are being influenced on facebook....i guess I just got an idea of how you think, people like you will call TV a useless invention. Go and tell the American government that facebook is economically useless and even if there is any universe I am a teenager, I sure do see things more clearly than you do. God bless you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by koning: 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
Jethrolite:
It is really pathetic, Americans were once like this but Bill Gates put a stop to it while he was a teenager. This is 2018 and see how we are still thinking. These guys do not realise that Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft are behemoths that are bigger than all the oil companies in Nigeria everyone wants to get employed in.

Those that can see will conquer though and employ every other person that has refused to see.

Do not put Apple and Microsoft in the same category as Facebook and Amazon. They used their brilliant code writing abilities to produce tangible things we can use on a daily basis.

They could have chosen to open an online market place too or a social network.

I will advise you guys to open your minds and learn. ONLY DEAD FISHES GO WITH THE FLOW.
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by kay29000(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
Reiyvinn:

The richest man that ever lived is Mansa Musa from Mali followed by Rockefeller.

Solomon is not even top 100.
For a fact, I myself am richer than Solomon. You know why? He never existed. Just biblical fairy tales.

Word!
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
koning:

Do not put Apple and Microsoft in the same category as Facebook and Amazon. They used their brilliant code writing abilities to produce tangible things we can use on a daily basis.

I will advise you guys to open your minds and learn. ONLY DEAD FISHES GO WITH THE FLOW.
did you really believe what you just wrote?, I guess you have a limited understanding of hardware and software products
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by koning: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

there you go again, you just doubled your ignorance, facebook has done a good job connecting billions of people, people advertise businesses on facebook, people even run transactions through facebook, elections and politics are being influenced on facebook....i guess I just got an idea of how you think, people like you will call TV a useless invention. Go and tell the American government that facebook is economically useless and even if there is any universe I am a teenager, I sure do see things more clearly than you do. God bless you

I wonder how we ever existed and survived before Facebook. A TV is and has always been a wonderful invention. Radio too. My Great grandma of over 90 has a radio and the 19 old malam that repairs my shoe has one too. None of them has ever heard of Facebook.

But for some skewed reason the people that produce Radios and TVs earn peanuts compaired to what Mark Zuckerberg earns. Do you ever question WHY and HOW.

2 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2018
koning:

I wonder how we ever existed and survived before Facebook. A TV is and has always been a wonderful invention. Radio too. My Great grandma of over 90 has a radio and the 19 old malam that repairs my shoe has one too. None of them has ever heard of Facebook.

But for some skewed reason the people that produce Radios and TVs earn peanuts compaired to what Mark Zuckerberg earns. Do you ever question WHY and HOW.
well keep living in the past and don't come to the future, in 12 years I guess you will hate artificial intelligence, I don't think you understand the weight of intellectual input used to build something as complex as facebook, I can't impose my argument on you because I know you may not be in the field of tech
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by koning: 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

did you really believe what you just wrote?, I guess you have a limited understanding of hardware and software products

And i am sure you will educate me on that. Please go on. Ever heard of Tesla motors. That is a beautiful combination of hardware and software capabilities. Even Uber is much more useful.
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by Jethrolite(m): 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
koning:

What's your point exactly? They are all tech based companies, they are worth over $300bn each, they are fortune 500 companies. Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are coders.

What do you mean by tangible, all the companies above are either software or internet based?

You think Apple and Microsoft didn't try their hands at one form or the other of social networks and decided to concentrate on their core competencies.

I don't know what you mean by opening one's mind but believe me, you are nowhere near me when it comes to technology and monitoring present/future trends.

Gather yourself properly before opening a discussion next time.
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
koning:

And i am sure you will educate me on that. Please go on. Ever heard of Tesla motors. That is a beautiful combination of hardware and software capabilities. Even Uber is much more useful.
just remove facebook for one month as see how some nations will go into recession,
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by koning: 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

well keep living in the past and don't come to the future, in 12 years I guess you will hate artificial intelligence, I don't think you understand the weight of intellectual input used to build something as complex as facebook, I can't impose my argument on you because I know you may not be in the field of tech

No. I am not "in the field of tech" (sic). But I know that Facebook is totally useless to me.

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
Jethrolite:
What's your point exactly? They are all tech based companies, they are worth over $300bn each, they are fortune 500 companies. Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are coders.

What do you mean by tangible, all the companies above are either software or internet based?

You think Apple and Microsoft didn't try their hands at one form or the other of social networks and decided to concentrate on their core competencies.

I don't know what you mean by opening one's mind but believe me, you are nowhere near me when it comes to technology and monitoring present/future trends.

Gather yourself properly before opening a discussion next time.
Gbam , I am actually surprised the way koning is talking. He lacks understanding of tech in general, like I said Nigeria is an underdeveloped economy
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
koning:

No. I am not "in the field of tech" (sic). But I know that Facebook is totally useless to me.
Well, you are just a statistic. Leave the remaining 2.2 billion users to enjoy a product worth over $300 bn
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by iamyoungskid(m): 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
OhiOfIhima:
Send me your acct Number n let me surprise wit that amount u mentioned. Hurry up.. It open to everyone shaa.
ME SELF NEED MONEY OOO. OYA SEND AM FAST. JAIYEOLA EMMANUEL WURAOLA, GTB, 0376328055 If u no send am en... make i never talk sha
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by Jethrolite(m): 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

Gbam , I am actually surprised the way koning is talking. He lacks understanding of tech in general, like I said Nigeria is an underdeveloped economy
No mind koning, na learner when want drive for express.
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by Jethrolite(m): 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

Big things are popping though. Nigerian tech companies have raised over $100m this year alone from angels and VCs.
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
Jethrolite:
Big things are popping though. Nigerian tech companies have raised over $100m this year alone from angels and VCs.
yeah but we will reap the rewards in 10-15 years but not now
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by Hedonisst: 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
He would get even richer, because Amazon would get even bigger. Give him 10 years he would probably be the first nominal dollar trillionaire...Unless the US government intervenes to cut him to size with some shitty technicality (like they did to Bill in 1999/2000).

I'm tapping from this collosal Amazon fortune (literally.)....the biggest LEGIT bazaar of all time. If you know, you know. Life is good, and will only get better. God bless Bezos even more.

If you no get money HIDE YOUR FACE!
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by Trottle: 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
drkay:
Thats a whole lot of money that'll span for generations. He should emulate Bill Gate by donating to genuine Charity organizations.

"Genuine " charity you say?

Which are genuine, and which are not?
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
kenonze:
cool

Do u know that over 70% of world money is not in cash form
Rather Electronic

the amount in his account may not be up to $500m.

but the crazy valuation puts him there.

that company has never turned profit. I don't know why people keep investing in it.

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by CuddleBear(f): 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2018
OhiOfIhima:
Send me your acct Number n let me surprise wit that amount u mentioned. Hurry up.. It open to everyone shaa.
see silly people dropping account no.
y'all don't know nairaland is filled with broke boys grin

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by Trottle: 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
koning:

On point boss!

Facebook has no real product save the over hyped "shares". Facebook that is just a conduit for data mining!
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by OhiOfIhima: 10:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
CuddleBear:

see silly people dropping account no.
y'all don't know nairaland is filled with broke boys grin

No time to ans u broke Nigga... The beneficiary has already give testimony but pledged to hide his Identity.
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
Trottle:

On point boss!

Facebook has no real product save the over hyped "shares". Facebook that is just a conduit for data mining!
Go and code facebook, you think facebook is just a random site?, do you know how many billions they spend on data centres, maintenance, any serious tech minded person knows what facebook is
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

No time to ans u broke Nigga... The beneficiary has already give testimony but pledged to hide his Identity.
bless me small na
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by drkay(m): 11:27pm On Jul 17, 2018
Trottle:

"Genuine " charity you say?

Which are genuine, and which are not?

There are a lot of NGOs out there that are not sincere with what they do with the funds they raise from donors. These people feed fat while those at the receiving end (the targets) get very little or nothing. Some only come up with figures on papers to cajore the donors to keep donating.
In Nigeria today, people who live on Polio don't want polio eradicated in Nigeria as fund will no longer come in. There are more people living on HIV than people living with HIV. If u know, u know.
This I know and have seen.
I'm a volunteer in 2 NGOs, I use my skill and little money to help the less privileged in my own little way.these NGOs are into organising free medical and surgical treatment to people who can't afford it. We do the surgery free of charge and we contribute money to buy them preop and post op medications.
Rotary or Lion club is another platform to reach the unreached.
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by CuddleBear(f): 12:56am On Jul 18, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

Be deceiving yourself mumu

3 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by dlawnoni: 1:05am On Jul 18, 2018
don't know if this is the right thread.bt please., is there anyone who knows about affiliate marketing v.well..cos I really need help on it ..thanks..
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by Trottle: 6:43am On Jul 18, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

Go and code facebook, you think facebook is just a random site?, do you know how many billions they spend on data centres, maintenance, any serious tech minded person knows what facebook is

Boss calm down and comprehend my post, nobody said Facebook is a simple, random site nor did I posit that it is the easiest site to code.

I made an assertion (with proofs) that facebook mines users data illegally, and that it has no "real" product save it's overhyped shares. Care to tackle that?

Being "non-techy" does not equate to being ignorant.
Re: Jeff Bezos Is Now The Richest Man In The World With $143B by Trottle: 6:53am On Jul 18, 2018
drkay:

There are a lot of NGOs out there that are not sincere with what they do with the funds they raise from donors. These people feed fat while those at the receiving end (the targets) get very little or nothing. Some only come up with figures on papers to cajore the donors to keep donating.
In Nigeria today, people who live on Polio don't want polio eradicated in Nigeria as fund will no longer come in. There are more people living on HIV than people living with HIV. If u know, u know.
This I know and have seen.
I'm a volunteer in 2 NGOs, I use my skill and little money to help the less privileged in my own little way.these NGOs are into organising free medical and surgical treatment to people who can't afford it. We do the surgery free of charge and we contribute money to buy them preop and post op medications.
Rotary or Lion club is another platform to reach the unreached.

May God reward your kind gestures boss.

You definitely know what I'm talking about.

Only very few NGOs are real (like the one you work for, possibly), the rest are only covers. Most of the so-called charity are used to siphon money (home and abroad), or experiment with lives. I know some of us do wonder why most of the "billions" do not really reach the poor? That's because it is not "really" meant for them at first...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux / SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? / My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.