Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,466 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. (13375 Views)

Introducing Havens Cottage: Affordable Luxury Homes In Epe (Starting from ₦13m) / Construction Diary Of 8units Of 2/3brds Flat Structure By ARBO CONTRACTOR LTD / Finishing Of 3 units of 3bedrooms Holiday Cottage For Diaspora Client (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 6:54am On Aug 31, 2018
still on..
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 10:44am On Aug 31, 2018
more

Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2018
more pics loading..
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2018
parapet about to start, pics coming soon
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2018
pics update.

Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by TBrownAuto(m): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2018
I need this kit for 4 inch pipe 5pcs matter of urgency

Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 11, 2018
Please what the cost so far to this level
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 11:19am On Sep 11, 2018
TBrownAuto:

yes it's available
reach me on 08066619493
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 11:22am On Sep 11, 2018
TBrownAuto:

Close to 6m.
This cover, 3brd, mini flat, fence, security house.
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2018
justjeff:
Please what the cost so far to this level

Close to 6m.
This covered mini flat, 3bedrooms, security house and fence
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by joycluv: 11:45am On Sep 11, 2018
Floor plan please for a better appreciation of the work/build
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by joycluv: 11:48am On Sep 11, 2018
Plz can you give an update on how many bags of cement u used for the German floor
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
joycluv:
Plz can you give an update on how many bags of cement u used for the German floor

about 60bags
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by joycluv: 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2018
rotecch77:

about 60bags
Jeezzz! Am currently on a three bedroom bungalow about to do German floor but the builder said I should buy 25 bags
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
joycluv:
Jeezzz! Am currently on a three bedroom bungalow about to do German floor but the builder said I should buy 25 bags

it's possible bcs.
1) size of your building.
2) the mixture ratio
3)thickness of the slab.
will be diff from others

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by joycluv: 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
rotecch77:

it's possible bcs.
1) size of your building.
2) the mixture ratio
3)thickness of the slab.
will be diff from others
Ok. He said the house is 42ft by 42ft and dat the thickness will be 3inches. As for the mix ratio, he said he would use dis big paint bucket to measure sand(cool & gravel (cool per 1 bag of cement
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
joycluv:
Ok. He said the house is 42ft by 42ft and dat the thickness will be 3inches. As for the mix ratio, he said he would use dis big paint bucket to measure sand(cool & gravel (cool per 1 bag of cement

That is not bad ,although this ratio is not in the ratio Grade list, (1:4:4)but it ok.
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by Tammynator(m): 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2018
Oga Rotecch, please, how many days did u leave the filling before adding DPC. Or, how long did u wait after compacting before DPC? I love your job so far. Someone also asked for floor plan, u go fit wet our appetite with that one?

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 8:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Tammynator:
Oga Rotecch, please, how many days did u leave the filling before adding DPC. Or, how long did u wait after compacting before DPC? I love your job so far. Someone also asked for floor plan, u go fit wet our appetite with that one?

There are two ways you can do compaction of your filling.
1)Natural compaction( when the said potion is filled up with sand then you wait for rain and sun to act on it in other to compact naturally on it own.....this take longer period of time,but with zero cost.

2)Mechanical compaction; this is by using compacting machine to do the compaction. less time but it will cost you about 15-20k although the cost depends on the size of the foundation.

more so if you can't find meachine in your area go for locally made iron and use it to do the job. ...also this depends on the size of the foundation and nature of the job.

*once you have done your compaction next day start your dpc.

I will post the floor plan once the client show me green light to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by Tammynator(m): 8:15am On Sep 12, 2018
rotecch77:

There are two ways you can do compaction of your filling.
1)Natural compaction( when the said potion is filled up with sand then you wait for rain and sun to act on it in other to compact naturally on it own.....this take longer period of time,but with zero cost.

2)Mechanical compaction; this is by using compacting machine to do the compaction. less time but it will cost you about 15-20k although the cost depends on the size of the foundation.

more so if you can't find meachine in your area go for locally made iron and use it to do the job. ...also this depends on the size of the foundation and nature of the job.

*once you have done your compaction next day start your dpc.

I will post the floor plan once the client show me green light to do so.

Thanks for the education. Why I asked is because, a friend of mine did compaction but still decided to pour two trips of Granite/chippings on it. Guess what? The compacted areas sank in. That's why I asked if it is okay to give a retention time before doing the dpc. Maybe his compaction wasn't done well. Thanks.
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2018
Tammynator:

Thanks for the education. Why I asked is because, a friend of mine did compaction but still decided to pour two trips of Granite/chippings on it. Guess what? The compacted areas sank in. That's why I asked if it is okay to give a retention time before doing the dpc. Maybe his compaction wasn't done well. Thanks.

That is the reason, it's not well compacted.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by joycluv: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
Am a little confused about this compaction stuff. My foundation was filled in May and I plan to leave it for rainfall till December before I do the German floor. Will it still require compaction/ ramming before laying the hardcore because we are going to use hardcore? Plz,I need ur advice because I don't want any problem of sinking in the future. Tanx
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2018
joycluv:
Am a little confused about this compaction stuff. My foundation was filled in May and I plan to leave it for rainfall till December before I do the German floor. Will it still require compaction/ ramming before laying the hardcore because we are going to use hardcore? Plz,I need ur advice because I don't want any problem of sinking in the future. Tanx

You are good to go by that time, just put your hard core.
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by joycluv: 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
rotecch77:

You are good to go by that time, just put your hard core.
Thanks a lot . But I still have other issues bothering me which I would like u to help me understand them if you don't mind.
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by joycluv: 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2018
(1) LINTEL- I have been hearing about chain lintel but I want to do my own right round and then cover only the openings in the inside. (2) Can I lay 4 courses of blocks after lintel in order to achieve a high ceiling. (3) How many feet high can I do the roof because I want a high roof (send-down-the-rain)
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2018
joycluv:
(1) LINTEL- I have been hearing about chain lintel but I want to do my own right round and then cover only the openings in the inside. (2) Can I lay 4 courses of blocks after lintel in order to achieve a high ceiling. (3) How many feet high can I do the roof because I want a high roof (send-down-the-rain)

1) By doing the lintel round it means chain lintel, then cover only the opening area but make sure you extend the lintel by 225mm on each side of the openings more so introduce Colums at the appropriate interval of the building, why because you might introduce parapet later or soonest as am seen it.

2( two courses of block is enough or max..3, further more,
your roof height is ok btw 12-14ft.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by joycluv: 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2018
rotecch77:

1) By doing the lintel round it means chain lintel, then cover only the opening area but make sure you extend the lintel by 225mm on each side of the openings more so introduce Colums at the appropriate interval of the building, why because you might introduce parapet later or soonest as am seen it.

2( two courses of block is enough or max..3, further more,
your roof height is ok btw 12-14ft.
Ok. Are u saying I should do the lintel round and cover only the opening areas in the inside OR I should cover only the openings both inside and outside? More clarification PLEASE. Then as for parapet, I wouldn't do it
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
according to your 1st message you said you are doing the lintel round and cover the opening area inside only, which I said it's ok....chain lintel.

but to your last message here you are now asking if both inn and out opening area will have lintel only....you can do it this way also BUT that is not chain lintel. but so far your block and and foundation is solid you are good to go.....it's not bad for bungalow.
Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by rotecch77(m): 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2018
formwork for the parapet.
this method safe a lot of money compare to regular one

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3bdrs Cottage structure By Rotecch. by joycluv: 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2018
rotecch77:
according to your 1st message you said you are doing the lintel round and cover the opening area inside only, which I said it's ok....chain lintel.

but to your last message here you are now asking if both inn and out opening area will have lintel only....you can do it this way also BUT that is not chain lintel. but so far your block and and foundation is solid you are good to go.....it's not bad for bungalow.
. You are a very good educator. Tanx for this explanation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria / Fire Outbreak At Apolo Estate Kills One (Photos) / PROMO!!! Tehilla Gardens Owerri Now Buy 3 Plot and Get 1 Free, Don't Miss it!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.