Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria (13387 Views)

Do You Need A House Mortgage - Interest free ( 3 Days Processing Time) / Omega Mortgage Bank, Lekki- Properties For Let & Sale. Contact: 08035214480, / Get A House Through Mortgage Loan In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by Ladz(m): 10:48am On May 18, 2007
[color=#006600][/color]
Hi

Does anyone have any links to mortgage service providers in Nigeria?

what are the likely charges and requirements?

Have loads of people who would be interested
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by phizzy(m): 5:45pm On May 21, 2007
hi,

the mortgage industry in Nigeria is growing daily but what is lacking is information on which mortgage lenders are out there, their rates and requirements.  You could click on this link : http://www.geesquare.com/geeplaces/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=62&page=1#Item_0
to get an overview of the mortgage industry in Nigeria

To view various mortgage lender, their rates and requirments, visit www.geeplaces.com, click on the mortgage calculator and see the various rates, the information would be updated constantly so i suggest to visit the site periodically to check.

cheers
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by DisGuy: 8:01pm On May 21, 2007
phizzy, do you understand your website? undecided

http://www.findaproperty.com/

http://www.primelocation.com/ see how easy they are on the eye and how easy it is to get want you want wink
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by caustic(f): 10:08pm On May 21, 2007
Dis Guy:

phizzy, do you understand your website? undecided

http://www.findaproperty.com/

http://www.primelocation.com/ see how easy they are on the eye and how easy it is to get want you want wink

Proffessor 'SHAKARA' undecided The guy is asking about MORTGAGE RATES e.g LENDERS INTEREST / PROVIDERS not on the actual PROPERTY(ies) SEARCH ! Abi na wetin be all this show offs ? uhmmmm ,,,,,,,, Nigeria is also coming up wink cool
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by DisGuy: 10:19pm On May 21, 2007
well the site provided doesnt answer the question does it? all these real estate website dont have answers to any question apart from 'call our office'

There's nothing shakara there just simple advise to upgrade and a lil bit of rant too!
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by Deleski: 11:30pm On May 21, 2007
Dis Guy:

well the site provided doesnt answer the question does it? all these real estate website don't have answers to any question apart from 'call our office'

There's nothing shakara there just simple advise to upgrade and a little bit of rant too!
My guy, abeg get off ur ass and create your own website. I use geeplaces from time to time to search and it is straight to the point. All these sites wey u dey list are not naija sites. Building a property site in naija is not easy. We should be encouraging these guys not dissing them.

Abeg phizzy, no mind that guy. U geeplaces guys are doing well.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by DisGuy: 11:34pm On May 21, 2007
Deleski:

My guy, abeg get off your ass and create your own website. I use geeplaces from time to time to search and it is straight to the point. All these sites wey u dey list are not naija sites. Building a property site in naija is not easy. We should be encouraging these guys not dissing them.

Abeg phizzy, no mind that guy. U geeplaces guys are doing well.

if i am a webdesigner i would create my own site tongue
so what if the sites are not naija sites- this is how we limit ourselves!

by showing him the site i am encourasging him, we dont like criticism in that country just worshipping people like dundee kmt
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by caustic(f): 11:43pm On May 21, 2007
*hisses* ,,,,,,,,,,, It shows u don't even have a clue to solving the guy's question, u need to GOOGLE up boy ! abi why divert from the actual topic ! undecided Just go back to BED !
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by DisGuy: 11:52pm On May 21, 2007
the poster is in nigeria he should know   tongue

UBA NRN mortgage
PRODUCT Non Resident Nigerian (NRN) Mortgage
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION The product offers credit facilities to Non Resident Nigerians for the part financing of properties in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Enugu (for now)
Target Market Non Resident Nigerians (Employed Professionals and Self Employed Professionals) -married couples are encouraged to apply jointly
Contribution Employed Professionals (20%) and Self Employed Professionals(30%)
Obligor Limit Up to $230,000 Available in USD, GBP and Euros

Interest Rate Attractive   lipsrsealed
Tenor 120Months /10 Years
Security -Legal Mortgage over property to be purchased OR over an alternative property of acceptable value as determined by UBA-approved valuer, located in any of the specified acceptable locations
-Reserve Balance(For Self Employed Professionals only)
-Other acceptable collaterals
Other Features No partial prepayment penalty
Ease of processing yea right
Services of a dedicated Relatiohsip Manager
UBA
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by Deleski: 8:51am On May 22, 2007
Wot a pair of jokers. One person asked about mortgage info and phizzy posts a link to a website that contains mortgage adverts from loads of mortgage institutions, including a mortgage calculator. All of a sudden the playa haters start to diss am!

That's the thing with some naijas. Their colo mentality is too ingrained. My guy, go create ur own site for nigerians, stop posting UK sites for UK people. It is of no use to anyone who is interested in the naija mortgage industry. And while u dey rethink ur life, abeg, do us a favour and stop dissing those who are trying to make a change.

Phizzy (or whoever owns the site), me i go offer u constructive advice, add more mortgage info to ur site . No mind these jealous jokers.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by ok2(m): 1:31pm On May 22, 2007
Pity that no proper feedback has been provided about this topic, since it surely is one topic a few people would be interested in.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by dodowaski(f): 2:22pm On May 23, 2007
Mortgage institution in Nigeria.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by DJNiyi(m): 12:18am On May 26, 2007
Mortgage financing in Nigeria is still very new, which explains the paucity of information on the topic.

We, at Geeplaces, have taken the pains to compile some information together. It is a work in progress and we'll be updating it from time to time, as we get authorisation from the banks to do so.

Here is the link - http://www.geeplaces.com/geehomes/mxml/lenders.html.

I hope it helps.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by DisGuy: 11:29pm On May 27, 2007
Thanks Djniyi cheesy
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by ell77(f): 11:37am On May 28, 2007
Please check out my post. I am doing research so that I will soon give mortgage opportunities to people who want to buy a home in Nigeria, both abroad and in Nigeria. The rates will be clear when I start it. But first I need to research the property market. this is only my preliminary research. I am trying to make a change!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-55819.0.html
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by Deleski: 5:12am On May 30, 2007
DJNiyi:

Mortgage financing in Nigeria is still very new, which explains the paucity of information on the topic.

We, at Geeplaces, have taken the pains to compile some information together. It is a work in progress and we'll be updating it from time to time, as we get authorisation from the banks to do so.

I hope it helps.

Dat is a very useful link. Please can you add Union Homes' mortgage packages to your list? I want to compare them to First Bank.
Thank you.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by tfashoro(m): 6:46am On Jun 06, 2007
Ladz,

As mentioned by Dis Guy, UBA Plc has a mortgage product for Non Resident Nigerian (NRN Mortgage) with a limit of $400,000 US. The interest rate is based on 180-days LIBOR + 2% and is currently 7%. It is recalculate every 6 months.

My company Marvel Mortgage Company is a partner of UBA on this product. We do all of their pre-qualification. You have to be a Nigerian with resident outside Nigeria to qualify. If you need more information email me at [email]nrnloan@marvelmortgageco.com[/email]. Please reference Nairaland in your email

We are currently working on our web site that will provide more detail information.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by Omoniyija: 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2007
Abbey Building Society Ltd is the best and most focused mortgage bank in Nigeria, u can access d NHF loan of N5m max as well as her commercial mortgage at affordable rate. Pls contact Mr. Jamiu Adeshina OMONIYI (Regional Manager, Abuja & North( on 08023122907, 08072379879) for more details.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by adechuks(m): 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2007
DJNiyi:

I hope it helps.

God bless you DJNiyi.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by yemi66: 12:46am On Oct 19, 2007
Its always great to have a home to call your own, and Obasanjo administration had made that easy for Nigerian with the implementation of NHF loan as cheap as 6% APR, so then why Rent a home when you can Buy. You can contact Abbey Building Society, through Jamiu Adeshina Omoniyi on 08023122907 or 08072379879 he help me get my mortgage, am sure He can help you too. For more information on "Getting a mortgage in Nigeria or UK" contact Mr Paul Olayemi Roberts on yemi_66@yahoo.com or +447984011134, Long live nairaland, and long live NHF mortgages and long live the federal republic of Nigeria. God Bless Nigeria!!!

Olayemi Roberts
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by yemi66: 1:13am On Oct 23, 2007
Mortgages are readily available in Nigeria, am speaking from experience, i got my through a friend who work for Abbey, u can contact Ms. Folashade ONANUGA for more information on 08027480677 or shade40@hotmail.co.uk, all the best. God bless nigeria.

Folashade ONANUGA
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by X2X(m): 9:51pm On Oct 28, 2007
All you guys talking nice about people who work for XYZ company helping you get mortgages etc, and posting their phone numbers! Why dont you post a weblink direct to the company, or a company email address or physical address for that matter. This will be good for reassurance.

No disrespect meant.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by obua: 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2007
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by X2X(m): 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2007
Thats better.

Thanks Obua.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by obua: 10:42pm On Dec 27, 2007
see bankPHB/UBA offers.
Good day Ifeanyi,

Thank you for contacting the UBA customer interaction center.

In response to your enquiry, the requirements are below. If you are interested, do visit the nearest UBA Business office for application.

Home acquisition.

§ UBA finances 80% of purchase price

§ Min amount =N=1m

§ Single obligor limit:

Ø Lagos =N=70 m

Ø Other locations =N=40m

§ Maximum tenor of 20 years

§ Home loan protection insurance from insurance company acceptable to UBA naming UBA as first loss payee and co-insured

Interest rate is 17%

Requirements

§ Current or salary account with UBA

§ Letter of introduction/awareness from employer

§ Vendor’s offer letter

§ Title document to the property or undertaking by developer, vendor’s solicitor, banker or estate agent to submit valid title documents directly to UBA

§ Copy of approved building plan

§ Satisfactory search report

§ Valuation report accompanied by photograph of property

§ Equity contribution of at least 20% of total cost

Land Acquisition.

§ Min amount =N=1m

§ Single obligor limit

Ø Lagos =N=40m

Ø Other locations =N=20m

§ Maximum tenor of 10 years

§ Home loan protection insurance from insurance company acceptable to UBA naming UBA as first loss payee and co-insured

Requirements

§ Vendor’s offer letter

§ Title document to the property or undertaking by developer, vendor’s solicitor, banker or estate agent to submit valid title documents directly to UBA

§ Survey plan

§ Satisfactory search report

§ Valuation report accompanied by photograph of the land

Home construction and renovation.

§ Min amount =N=1m

§ Single obligor limit

Ø Lagos =N=70m

Ø Other locations =N=40m

§ Maximum tenor of 20 years

Requirements

§ Copy of land title in the name of the borrower

§ Copy of Approved Building Plan

§ Copy of Bill of Quantity and breakdown of construction into phases

§ Construction timetable

§ Valuation Report of property if there has been development accompanied by photographs

Home refinance.

§ Allows customer to transfer home loan from another bank or financing firm to UBA

§ UBA finances 80% of the current market value

§ Min amount =N=1m

§ Single obligor limit

Ø Lagos =N=70m

Ø Other locations =N=40m

§ Maximum tenor of 10 years

Requirements

§ Letter from current mortgage provider stating outstanding loan balance and title documents in their possession.

§ Revaluation report accompanied by photograph of property

For more enquiries, complaints and suggestions on UBA product and services please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

Summary of BankPHB House Owner’s Advantage [color=#990000][/color]
The product affords house owners and opportunity to raise funds up to 50% of the capital value of their properties subject to the capacity of their income to service the desired loan amount. The features of the product are as follows:

§ Obligor Limit: N150 Million (Properties in Lagos); N75 Million (Properties in Abuja and Port Harcourt). This is the maximum amount an individual customer can access. This is however subject to 50% of the value of the property and the customer’s capacity to service the facility.
§ Tenor: Maximum of 7 Years subject to obligor’s number of years before retirement.
§ Equity: Nil
§ Pricing: Interest Rate – 17% per annum, Mgt fee – 1.5% payable semi-annually, Processing fee – 0.25% one off.
§ Repayment: Equal monthly interest and principal repayment from the obligor’s income through out the tenor of the facility.
§ Security: (1) Legal Mortgage over the property
(2) 3 months principal plus interest payment to be held in a reserve balance through out the tenor of the facility. (For Self employed customers only)
Documentation Requirements
§ Duly completed mortgage loan application form.
§ Copy of the Title Documents to the Property (title must be in obligor’s name)
§ Search report on the title to the property (to be carried out by the bank’s appointed solicitor at the expense of the obligor)
§ Valuation Report on the property ( to be carried out by the bank’s approved estate valuer at the expense of the obligor)
§ 12 Months Statement of Accounts and/or Letter of Introduction from Obligor’s employer stating income details (for salary earners)
§ 12 months statement of Accounts and Business Profile (Self Employed Customers)
§ Deposit of Original Title Document to the Property ( to be deposited with the bank upon approval of the facility)

SELECT SURBURBS FOR HOUSEOWNER’S ADVANTAGE
Lagos Port Harcourt Abuja
1. Lekki Axis (excluding Ajah and Jakande Houses)2. Victoria Island3. Ikoyi4. Gbagada (Phase 1 & 2)5. Omole (Phase 1 & 2)6. Ikeja G.R.A7. Ogudu G.R.A8. Apapa G.R.A9. Ilupeju10. Magodo 1. Port Harcourt G.R.A2. Woji 3. Trans Amadi Flats4. Rumuibekwe 1. Wuse2. Garki3. Maitama4. Asokoro5. Gwarinpa
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by X2X(m): 12:26am On Dec 28, 2007
WTF? 17%?

That is rather atronomical if you ask me? Anyway, thanks again.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by kingrd(m): 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2008
Plots of lands available in NICON Town & CarltonGate Lekki for development on BOT basis. Interested parties should contact rehobothwell@yahoo.com.
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by Shinatu: 9:22am On Feb 15, 2008
@Yemi_66

I heard that Abbey has some properties in Abuja right now and I have been trying to get in touch with your contact-Shade but she is not picking up.
, any other contact?
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by Ayindeak(m): 12:08am On Feb 24, 2008
i would like to meet the guy from UBA wey dey speak grammar. He need to explain to me how one can get a mortgage loan without a security. To get only 1m for business from dem bank na wahala even with my shares as security.

my mail is
akinpure@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by oyemaiya(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2008
i work with Jubilee-life savongs & loans ltd a seasoned mortgage bank well recognized by Federal mortgage bank in Nigeria, call me on 08054465721, sure you wont regret doing mortgage with us, we offer mortgage at 6% p.a, for maximum of 30 years, access your NHF through us, its our primamry responsibility to the Nigerian populace
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by oyemaiya(m): 1:13pm On Feb 25, 2008
i work with Jubilee-life savongs & loans ltd a seasoned mortgage bank well recognized by Federal mortgage bank in Nigeria, call me on 08054465721, sure you wont regret doing mortgage with us, we offer mortgage at 6% p.a, for maximum of 30 years, access your NHF through us, its our primamry responsibility to the Nigerian populace. You can also visit Jubilee-Life Savings & Loans Ltd, 40 Allen Avenue, Ladipo B/Stop, Ikeja Branch. Lagos Nigeria. We have Estates in Progress in Lagos, Calabar, Ijebu-Ode, Akure, Mowe, Lagos-Ibadan express way, Abuja, Ibadan,
Always ask of when you come visiting.

Oyetola
oyemaiya@yahoo.com
Restoring your hope of becoming a landlord
Re: Looking For Mortgage Opportunities In Nigeria by obua: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2008
@Ayindeak
The house you are buying/building is the security

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sunrise Estate Satellite Town, Buy Now And Build!!! / Daily Property Check List In Asaba (Updated Today 25th March 2022). / Fire Outbreak At Apolo Estate Kills One (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.