Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base (30436 Views)

Ibadan: Atiku Replies Makinde Over Claims On Refusal To Commiserate With Him / Pictures Of Osinbajo & Peter Obi On An Aircraft / Nigeria Airforce Spotted Preparing Breakfast For Skekau Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by Blue3k(m): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2018
Im not surprised they make money off of adrevenue so they want the clicks. Im more surprised people are do easily moved by that nonsense. Even when they get clear explanation they act senseless. I dont think they understand how military bases work and they believe anything if it fits their black and white world view.

mapet:

Are you not surprised the rate our media rushed to publish the initial lies without authenticating from the FG or NAF?
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by lionshare: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2018
deomelo:

Telling you what I don't subscribe to wasn't an insult, it was me stating my preference.

Learn how to read and comprehend simple English words.

Referring to anyone under any guise either supposed intelligent discourse or not is tantamount to an insult.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by tiger28: 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
Koolking:
FFK is being mischievous. He was one time minister of aviation, he is aware of aviation protocol and processes, yet he's living in denial and ignorance because he relishes bastardizing the system he also created as one time stakeholder.
by the way, what are the qualifications of ffk, aborishade, osita chidoka[frsc guy] to become minister of aviation. These guys have NO aviation experience AT ALL........ ONLY in Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by deomelo: 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
lionshare:

Referring to anyone under any guise either supposed intelligent discourse or not is tantamount to an insult.

Directly saying you are ignorant and unintelligent is quiet different from me stating my preference.

You problem is inability to read and comprehend.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by Fynnonsy: 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2018
Wetin this man dey even talk self...
I thought they(NAF) said landing permit was not given for security reasons..
Dis one con dey talk different now..
Nigeria na wah!!!
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by lionshare: 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
deomelo:

Directly saying you are ignorant and unintelligent is quiet different from me stating my preference.

deomelo:

Perhaps you cant fathom what you typed...Pls read over and reference to the my initial post and tell me what you can infer from it.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by ibekwe97: 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
next person please
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by deomelo: 5:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
[s]
lionshare:

Perhaps you cant fathom what you typed...Pls read over and reference to the my initial post and tell me what you can infer from it.

[/s]

Please, go away, I've had enough of your distractions.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by deomelo: 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
mapet:

Are you not surprised the rate our media rushed to publish the initial lies without authenticating from the FG or NAF?

The news media in Nigeria are purveys nothing but gossips, rumors and halt truths
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by mfm04622: 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2018
sarrki:
Though kind of agree for security reasons

But it’s tax payers money

We don’t have air threats as a country

What we have is land threats
see

The planes are being used to counter the land threats. Or planes are only used to counter threats from air?
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by stagger: 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:
nonsense reason

Stop talking trash. Where in the world do you see civilian aircraft landing on military bases as a matter of routine? Samuel Ortom had 4 years to build an airport. Alternatively, he should have lobbied his fellow APC members, including the senators and reps from his state to ensure that the road leading from Otukpa-Ankpa-Makurdi is in good condition. Then the aircraft could have landed in Enugu and proceeded to complete the journey by road. His neighbour down south, Governor Ugwuanyi, tarred the entire Enugu-Nsukka-Obollo-Afor expressway (a Federal Road) with state funds.

You can argue he did it to ensure he can drive to his village Orba without issues, but at least he did it. GEJ was President of Nigeria for 6 years. He never completed the East-West Road, and I do not know how the road to Otuoke is. So what stopped Ortom from doing his own bit?

So let us not drag NAF into wetin no concern them. Procedures are procedures.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by gadada98: 5:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by Jaqenhghar: 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
RULES ARE RULES!
You could have fooled me. Even in this shithole where there are no rules.... hmmm interesting times ahead
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by gadada98: 5:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

You could have fooled me. Even in this shithole where there are no rules.... hmmm interesting times ahead

yes many things are failing in Nigeria, but that doesnt mean that we dont know what is RIGHT, does it?! and since you think that NOTHING is working in Nigeria aka a shithole, then you (of all people) should applaud Nigerians who act RIGHT.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by yusufyo: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2018
Your enemy will accuse you of dusting even if you are crawling on an ocean. NAF don't be distracted.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by gadada98: 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
sad
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by Osirawboy: 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2018
obi58:

Simply not good enough if approval was issued for an aircraft with engine problems, should expedited approval not be issued for the replacement considering the circumstances If the President was to fly to Makurdi and his plane developed a fault would all these excuses be issued for the replacement?

Make Una fear God oooo

You do know that the presidents airplane belongs to the Nigeria air force
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by obi58: 6:53pm On Jul 17, 2018
Tlontin:

The president is the commander in chief of the armed forces bro. Think about it

If an expedited approval could be given why can't it be extended to the same party whose approved plane has engine issues?

Is this rocket science?
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by obi58: 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
Osirawboy:

You do know that the presidents airplane belongs to the Nigeria air force

Thanks for pointing that out but the issue is what special magic approval is required for a replacement taking the same spot?
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by obi58: 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2018
deomelo:

What kind of mentality and basement reasoning God dash you people?

You biafra is doomed and DOA if you people really are the future of your biafra.

Olodo.

Mr Biafra how market?

If a plane had to make an emergency landing would approval take 48hours? Did they commit a sin to seek to change a plane with a fault?

What does this have to do with Biafra?

Ejooo fear God
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by obi58: 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
obailala:
There's just this inordinate but ridiculous obsession with politicizing everything in Nigeria. All over the world, there are rules and procedures which have to be followed in doing things. Quite often, such rules or protocols could be broken for VIPs such as the presidents or in emergency situations (I truly thought this should have been common sense knowledge).

In this case, a concession had already even been made as the application which should have been made 48 hours ahead was made same day and actually honoured. But now the argument is, "why shouldn't the procedure be broken completely?.. it is political!"

Nigerians can be amusing at times.

You are the one being inordinately ridiculous.

Is this rocket science?

You gave plane A clearance to land at 1pm but developed engine trouble which is to be replaced by plane B.

Why should that take 48hrs?
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by deomelo: 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2018
obi58:

Olodo.

Mr Biafra how market?

If a plane had to make an emergency landing would approval take 48hours? Did they commit a sin to seek to change a plane with a fault?

Ejooo fear God

Biafra mentality is backward and meaningless mentality.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by obailala(m): 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2018
obi58:

You are the one being inordinately ridiculous.

Is this rocket science?

You gave plane A clearance to land at 1pm but developed engine trouble which is to be replaced by plane B.

Why should that take 48hrs?
You don't read right?

All over the aviation world, approval/permission must be sought before a plane is allowed to land on any airport. In this case, the application to land has to be made 48 hours in advance. First of all, the application for landing clearance here was even made on the same day, but a concession was given and the approval granted.

But now, you are given approval to land 'Plane A' but you for whatever reason now want to land 'Plane B', and you do not think it is necessary to seek official approval first before changing the aircraft?... Does that make any sense to you?... Or is this just a case of another Nigerian who has no regard for simple rules?
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by obailala(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
obi58:

Olodo.

Mr Biafra how market?

Ejooo fear God
Without going back to check, I'm very sure a couple of people on this thread (including myself) have responded to you about how concessions can be made only during air emergencies; even a presidential jet would officially seek permission before landing on any airport.

But for you to still make this meaningless comment again and again all for the sake of pointless arguments, it already speaks volumes of the kind of person you are.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by obi58: 7:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
obailala:
You don't read right?

All over the aviation world, approval/permission must be sought before a plane is allowed to land on any airport. In this case, the application to land has to be made 48 hours in advance. First of all, the application for landing clearance here was even made on the same day, but a concession was given and the approval granted.

But now, you are given approval to land 'Plane A' but you for whatever reason now want to land 'Plane B', and you do not think it is necessary to seek official approval first before changing the aircraft?... Does that make any sense to you?... Or is this just a case of another Nigerian who has no regard for simple rules?

Is this so hard to comprehend? If approved plane had engine problems why should it be impossible to secure an expedited approval for its replacement? Or are the approving authorities on another planet?

What if a plane required emergency landing approval? Would that also have required your statutory 48 hours?

Get your head out your ass bro. Rules are made for man and not the other way around. No one is disputing the fact that they are laid down procedures but those procedures can be laid down in mitigating circumstances.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by obi58: 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
obailala:
Without going back to check, I'm very sure a couple of people on this thread (including myself) have responded to you about how concessions can be made only during air emergencies; even a presidential jet would officially seek permission before landing on any airport.

But for you to still make this meaningless comment again and again all for the sake of pointless arguments, it already speaks volumes of the kind of person you are.

I'm thankful that least even you could recognise the fact that regardless of the accepted standard worldwide, concessions can be made on exceptional grounds.

If a concession could be given the first time why not a second time over a clearly unavoidable issue?

Get your head out your ass bro.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by obi58: 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
deomelo:

Biafra mentality is backward and meaningless mentality.

Wow grin

What's this fascination you have with Biafra?

Must any and every dissenting view come from Biafra?

Or perhaps you were gangraped during the Biafran war? grin grin tongue
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by Legacy001: 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2018
simply because they decided to change the aircraft which are still the same occupants maybe because of security reasons, then they decided to refuse them landing. If there is truth in what the air force said what stops them from informing the airline management..... Hmmmmm I smell something here, so you they wanted them to use the same plane so it will cr****sh abi.
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by obailala(m): 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
obi58:

I'm thankful that least even you could recognise the fact that regardless of the accepted standard worldwide, concessions can be made on exceptional grounds.

If a concession could be given the first time why not a second time over a clearly unavoidable issue?

Get your head out your ass bro.
obi58:

Is this so hard to comprehend? If approved plane had engine problems why should it be impossible to secure an expedited approval for its replacement? Or are the approving authorities on another planet?

[s]What if a plane required emergency landing approval? Would that also have required your statutory 48 hours?[/s]

Get your head out your ass bro. Rules are made for man and not the other way around. No one is disputing the fact that they are laid down procedures but those procedures can be laid down in mitigating circumstances.
With your command of English, I'm sure you must be well educated. But you obviously have either refused to read, or some flimsy political sentiments is blocking your comprehension abilities.

An official application was made and the NAF went out of its way to grant it same day. And then suddenly, there's a need to change the aircraft; whatever stops the persons involved from making another quick application?..... You keep talking about expedited approval to replace a plane, in your own wisdom, how can an approval (expedited or not) be given when no application was made?....

Is this you just trying to be an annoying online troll by deliberately feigning ignorance and making meaningless arguments or could it just genuinely be that you didnt bother reading the report before proceeding to drop comments and arguments?

Below is an extract from the report... it says up till now, no application has been made but you choose to BLAME the NAF (and by extension, govt) for not giving automatic approval?

...However, at about 5pm on 16 July 2018, the NAF was verbally informed that there was a need to change the aircraft for which permission had already been issued, reportedly because the aircraft had developed snags. The NAF, therefore, asked for another written request, in line with the established procedure. As at date, the NAF Headquarters is yet to receive a written request for the replacement aircraft...

...and by the way, please stop repeating and repeating that line about "a plane wanting to make an emergency landing." That statement has been responded to about a 100 times but you keep repeating it and proving to the world that you're simply one of those Nigerians who don't bother reading before proceeding to comment on issues. In fact, I'm done! angry
Re: Nigeria Airforce Speaks On Refusal To Allow An Aircraft Land At Its Makurdi Base by obi58: 8:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
obailala:

With your command of English, I'm sure you must be well educated. But you obviously have either refused to read, or some flimsy political sentiments is blocking your comprehension abilities.

An official application was made and the NAF went out of its way to grant it same day. And then suddenly, there's a need to change the aircraft; whatever stops the persons involved from making another quick application?..... You keep talking about expedited approval to replace a plane, in your own wisdom, how can an approval (expedited or not) be given when no application was made?....

Is this you just trying to be an annoying online troll by deliberately feigning ignorance and making meaningless arguments or could it just genuinely be that you didnt bother reading the report before proceeding to drop comments and arguments?

Below is an extract from the report... it says up till now, no application has been made but you choose to BLAME the NAF (and by extension, govt) for not giving automatic approval?

...and by the way, please stop repeating and repeating that line about "a plane wanting to make an emergency landing." That statement has been responded to about a 100 times but you keep repeating it and proving to the world that you're simply one of those Nigerians who don't bother reading before proceeding to comment on issues. In fact, I'm done! angry

You have a point there..... Why are we killing ourselves over an issue that events have overtaken? grin

But back to the matter at hand, Mr Lecturer it's wrong to form an opinion solely on the NAF's response. If you had read the original report, you would have been aware that applications were made for over 5 hours for the use of the replacement aircraft so it begs the question why in 5hours a written request could not have been instituted by the airline operators who I'm sure are not political in any way and would have desired to make the flight to get paid and as such would have done their best to comply with whatever was required of them in those circumstances.

So there again bro, ejoor park well tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gimba Kakanda Accusing Wike Of Demolishing Mosque In False Tweets, Gets Blasted / Hoodlums Burn Ashaka Police Station In Delta, As Officers Kill 6 Armed Robbers / Imo SDP Chieftains Fight, Exchange Blows, Suspend Congress (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.