Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Messi Speaks On Ronaldo’s Move From Real Madrid To Juventus - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Speaks On Ronaldo’s Move From Real Madrid To Juventus (1862 Views)

EPL: Why Ronaldo’s Move To Man City Collapsed Before Joining United / Tuchel Laments Ronaldo’s Move To Man Utd: He Will Make Life Harder For Us / What Ronaldo’s Move To Juventus Will Do To Barcelona’s Messi – Ciro Ferrara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Speaks On Ronaldo’s Move From Real Madrid To Juventus by Gurusboi: 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2018

Argentina captain, Lionel Messi, has reacted to the departure of his greatest rival, Cristiano Ronaldo from the Spanish La Liga.

Ronaldo’s 100 million euro move from Real Madrid to Juventus was announced last week while he was unveiled at the Alianz Turin yesterday. He told reporters at the press conference that he joined the Old Ladies because he was different from other players.
Ronaldo said he wants to show that he was “different” from other players of his age who move to China or Qatar for mega-money deals.

The Portugal superstar also spoke on his rivalry with Messi after completing his move to the Italian champions.

Asked about his rivalry with Messi, Ronaldo replied, “I do not see other players as rivals, that’s not who I am.

“It was a good challenge with Messi. All of you liked it and it was interesting.

“But I never saw it as a rivalry. You always want to give it your all for your team.”

Speaking on Ronaldo’s departure from the league, Messi, who refused to join his national teammates to Argentina but headed back to Barcelona after the World Cup, told reporters, “I wish him well.

“Italy is fine. Juventus have always been in Europe, with great players.

“He did a lot for Real. But I think it was his personal decision to leave. He [Ronaldo] brought a lot to the game in Spain. He’s a great player.”

Asked about the rivalry between him and Ronaldo, Messi added, “The media create those rivalries. I give my best for my team, so did he for Real.”

READ FULL GISTS @

Source: http://www.gidiclass.com.ng/2018/07/17/messi-speaks-about-ronaldos-transfer-from-real-madrid-to-juventus/
Re: Messi Speaks On Ronaldo’s Move From Real Madrid To Juventus by Merimental(m): 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
matured response 4rm both players..some low IQ fans will neva understand its just FOOTBALL (Entertainment) after all not a do or die affair

1 Like

Re: Messi Speaks On Ronaldo’s Move From Real Madrid To Juventus by Babiod: 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
Merimental:
matured response 4rm both players..some low IQ fans will neva understand its just FOOTBALL (Entertainment) after all not a do or die affair
Guy we know it's all dis media hype or rivalry helps sell their football the more,but u can't say they are not competing,it's mind game between themselves they wouldn't have gone dat far without it,even Messi.it helps to put their games on top.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Speaks On Ronaldo’s Move From Real Madrid To Juventus by Kingsley1000(m): 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2018
Babiod:

Guy we know it's all dis media hype or rivalry helps sell their football the more,but u can't say they are not competing,it's mind game between themselves they wouldn't have gone dat far without it,even Messi.it helps to put their games on top.
no,they are not in any bitter competition ,they could Be Friends off pitch,messi is an introvert so they ain't compatible that's Why u don't see them hangout

the bitter rivalry you're seeing was created by fans and media

2 Likes

Re: Messi Speaks On Ronaldo’s Move From Real Madrid To Juventus by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
Messi fans will come here now and be saying rubbish
Re: Messi Speaks On Ronaldo’s Move From Real Madrid To Juventus by MakeNigeriaGrea: 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
Babiod:

Messi doesn't compete with Ronaldo. If Ronaldo is asked about the rivalry between he and Messi,he says I want to be the best player in the world. Ronaldo knows he is not the best but wants to be so you people should shut the Bleep up and give respect to the Messi the G.O.A.T
Re: Messi Speaks On Ronaldo’s Move From Real Madrid To Juventus by Babiod: 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
Kingsley1000:
no,they are not in any bitter competition ,they could Be Friends off pitch,messi is an introvert so they ain't compatible that's Why u don't see them hangout

the bitter rivalry you're seeing was created by fans and media
Guy am not talking about their compatibility or they should become friends, rivalry is different from competition,the former is between just yourselves,while the latter is for a common goal i.e. GOAT.because messi is an introvert doesn't make him a saint.cmon look at the brighter side,why do you think he had to come out of retirement for his country don't give me the BS his president begged him stuff, hope you know he at times uses his position to highlight people/persons he wants to team up with in a game, both for club and country,or why did u think icardi despite having an outstanding season didn't play in the world cup and brought in mascherano or barca didn't later buy griezman am not hating buh don't see him as one saint biko. Ronaldo states the fact buh to think messi just loves football or just want to play football he's not competing with anybody bullshit makes me wonder if you can actually devise the thoughts of any man.
Re: Messi Speaks On Ronaldo’s Move From Real Madrid To Juventus by Kingsley1000(m): 1:58am On Jul 18, 2018
Babiod:

Guy am not talking about their compatibility or they should become friends, rivalry is different from competition,the former is between just yourselves,while the latter is for a common goal i.e. GOAT.because messi is an introvert doesn't make him a saint.cmon look at the brighter side,why do you think he had to come out of retirement for his country don't give me the BS his president begged him stuff, hope you know he at times uses his position to highlight people/persons he wants to team up with in a game, both for club and country,or why did u think icardi despite having an outstanding season didn't play in the world cup and brought in mascherano or barca didn't later buy griezman am not hating buh don't see him as one saint biko. Ronaldo states the fact buh to think messi just loves football or just want to play football he's not competing with anybody bullshit makes me wonder if you can actually devise the thoughts of any man.
messi can be likened to ronaldinho,they love the game and just want to enjoy it.Abinitio(2009-2015 when messi outclassed him interms of achievement5-1 balondor) untill ronaldo started feeling jealous and intimidated,hence started bringing in the rivalry thing to know whether he can reach or even surpass messi's achievement,all these things you can see on the pitch,how he muscles his way to score and always frustrated when he didn't get a goal unlike messi that doesn't stress himself or feel aggrieved when his team lost(except during copa america 2016 finals)

in as much as I love ronaldo's personality and passion to be at the zenith,without being baised I think messi is more talented,the football thing is inborn in him,his only problem is that he lacks leadership skills and he relies so much on his talent

the list of players now that are playing for the fun of the game

mbappe

kante

salah

messi

inesta

isco

pirlo

marcelo etc

those playing for self aggrandizement and fame

ronaldo

neymar

hazard

pogba

kane

zlatan etc

(1) (Reply)

My Grouse Against Wenger: From A True Gunner / Lets Vote Mikel & Moses For BBC African Footballer Of The Year / Did Mandzukic Tell It All To The Media: Alves Vs Bonucci

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.