Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,437 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Etebo Says He Spurned Premier League Opportunities For Championship - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Etebo Says He Spurned Premier League Opportunities For Championship (666 Views)

World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo / Super Eagles Line Up Against Croatia. Etebo, Ndidi Mikel,omeruo Starts / Stoke City Signs Oghenekaro Peter Etebo For €7.2M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Etebo Says He Spurned Premier League Opportunities For Championship by chi074(m): 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
PETER ETEBO has revealed that he turned down Premier League interest this summer before opting to fulfil his dream of playing in English football with Stoke City.

The highly-rated attacking midfielder became Gary Rowett’s first capture of the summer last month after the Potters fought off stern competition from a plethora of clubs all courting the 22-year-old’s signature.

Etebo caught the eye of many with a string of outstanding performances for his country in Russia, with his superb showing against South American giants Argentina earning him the man-of-the-match award.

Speaking exclusively to Stoke City+, he revealed that a decision on his future would have been made after the World Cup Finals had he not been so impressed by the vision and ambition of the Stoke City hierarchy.

“I feel great, I am finally here and I really appreciate the support and the welcome that everybody has given to me,” the Nigerian star stated.

“Everybody needs a break after a tournament like the World Cup, but my mind has been here, I knew that I was coming to Stoke City and I was excited about it.

“I spoke to a lot of friends about the move and the tradition of this Club appealed to me – everybody knows that this is a big Club, even though we suffered relegation last season.

“It is important for us to do well this season, to make sure that everything goes well in the future, but I know how difficult a challenge this will be.

“I did that because of the relationship and the conversations I had. I was happy with what was said – if I wasn’t then I wouldn’t have come to Stoke City.”

He added: “I believe that we are going to make this a great season. I am going to give my best and hopefully that will be enough for the Club.

https://chitipi.com/2018/07/17/etebe-says-he-spurned-premier-league-opportunities-for-championship/

Re: Etebo Says He Spurned Premier League Opportunities For Championship by Righteousness89(m): 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
Warri boi didn't wanna take Chances , Knowing fully well dt anything could happen During World Cup e.g. Not being used, Having a bad game, or Injury....!!

Etebobo we know!!

Enjoy
Re: Etebo Says He Spurned Premier League Opportunities For Championship by chi074(m): 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2018
Righteousness89:
Warri boi didn't wanna take Chances , Knowing fully well dt anything could happen During World Cup e.g. Not being used, Having a bad game, or Injury....!!

Etebobo we know!!

Enjoy
is this post not good enough for front page

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Cricket Team Qualifies For 2020 Cricket World Cup / Name A Footballer Whose Name Is Funny? / Manchester United In Talks With Zinedine Zidane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.