Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

What Is Faith? Part 3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Faith? Part 3 (255 Views)

What Is Faith / How Is Faith Chosen????? / What Is Faith Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Faith? Part 3 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
What Is Faith? Part 3

It Is An Act Motivated By The Word

Faith is an act motivated by the Word of God. It can also be defined as a living force, drawn from the living Word, for a living proof.

It is by nature evidential. If you can't see the evidence, then what you are referring to is not faith.

Listen to James 2:18
"Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works; shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works."

Faith without action is fake! That means, it is dead! (James 2:17)

Faith is a reflective act. You can't operate it without it being know.

It shows in your looks, your walk, in the statements you make, in your countenance.

For example, if it is true that you believe in divine healing, it should show by the evidence of your continual healthy life.

If it is true you believe in prosperity, it should show. Jesus said, "If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not." (John 10:37) 

Faith is in the doing, the showing and is evident.

Jesus said to those men, "Fill the water-pots with water." And they went ahead and did exactly that. And the water became wine! (John 2:1-11).

There is no evidence of faith without an act. Action is the authentic evidence of faith. Faith is fake without a back-up action.

The Bible tells us that "Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the in which he condemned the world." (Heb. 11:7)

When you refuse to move by the Word of life, faith is not in place.

God spoke and Noah moved. It says, "By faith Noah... moved" So faith compels action.

A man with a withered hand came to Jesus and Jesus said, "Stretch forth your hand", and the paralysis disappeared!

By faith, when God called Abraham, he obeyed. The Bible says, "So Abram departed..." The act was in place.

Friends, it's time to step out of that passive religious state!

If God says you are healed, stop looking sick! If He said He had carried your pains, stop celebrating pains!

God told me, "With long life will I satisfy you and show you my salvation." So, I don't dream death! I don't think death!

Long life means long life! The one I have now is not long enough, it's still short, because I've read about very long ones in the scriptures.

I know what long means. So I'm not thinking of anything contrary. I'm not writing any will for anybody.

That is the realm of faith! Faith is an act.
You may sound primitive and unconventional, but the dignity of your victory will be undeniable!

When you stop showing it, then it's no longer there. Faith is reflective. It shows!
It comes by hearing, and it works by acting on what you have heard. (Rom. 10:17).

In 1989, I met a woman who had no uterus (according to the doctors). I told her, "God is your manufacturer, and He has spare parts. Go out tomorrow and buy your baby's things in the open!"

She obeyed, and that same month, she conceived womb or no womb! She gave birth to a healthy baby boy!

Friends, God's Word works!

Faith brings God on the scene! And when God steps in, opposition bows out!

Faith is an act. When you stop showing it, then it's no longer there. You can't have it and not show it. When it stops reflecting in your lifestyle, then it's no longer there.

Please understand what I'm talking about.
Whatever you are saying you believe God for, make sure you don't act contrary to it, or you disqualify yourself of the answer.

It's time for you to enjoy victory unlimited! Victory on all sides!

Hallelujah

Exploits Of Faith, David Oyedepo

Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

(1) (Reply)

*child Molesters On Rampage, Parents Beware * / A Bishop Says Christianity Is Fake ( Check Why He Said So ) / How God Speaks To People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.