Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Pregnant And Unmarried To An Igbo Nigerian Man - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pregnant And Unmarried To An Igbo Nigerian Man (804 Views)

An Igbo Woman Farting In The Presence Of Her Husband Is A Taboo - Young Lady / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Isi Agu - An Igbo Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant And Unmarried To An Igbo Nigerian Man by Elokafaithmercy: 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
I’m expecting a child by an Igbo Nigerian. We are not married and I could not go through with aborting the pregnancy. In two weeks I am to meet with his father. I am nervous, because I’m learning that Nigerian cultural is so different from America. Any ideas on what his father will talk to me about?
Re: Pregnant And Unmarried To An Igbo Nigerian Man by eezeribe(m): 10:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
OK
Re: Pregnant And Unmarried To An Igbo Nigerian Man by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 18, 2018
Elokafaithmercy:

I’m expecting a child by an Igbo Nigerian. We are not married and I could not go through with aborting the pregnancy. In two weeks I am to meet with his father. I am nervous, because I’m learning that Nigerian cultural is so different from America. Any ideas on what his father will talk to me about?
are u african American or undecided
Re: Pregnant And Unmarried To An Igbo Nigerian Man by Elokafaithmercy: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2018
[quote author=Lordtimothy66 post=69486352] are u african American or undecided[/

Yes, I’m African American and the father is Nigerian
Re: Pregnant And Unmarried To An Igbo Nigerian Man by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
Elokafaithmercy:

Yes, I’m African American and the father is Nigerian

Why not read up all you can about Igbo marriage and child bearing customs.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant And Unmarried To An Igbo Nigerian Man by allcomage: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
Culture is central to African tribes and igbo are not exception.Marriage is a serious relationship in igbo land,they don't play wtih it.That's why the lady will drag you even from the moon to meet her relations. I am happy you're coming.You must know that if you don't pay her dowry before she gives birth,the baby is not yours no matter what may. For introduction, buy Jack Daniels or Hennessey for the dad and tell him you found a lady you love in his family and you come to seek their consent to marry her.Then other things will follow but as a foreigner, there will be waivers for other cultural aspects. Treat her well she kill you with love and care. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant And Unmarried To An Igbo Nigerian Man by allcomage: 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2018
As a follow up, go to YouTube video and watch nollywood igbo marriage films and get a glimpse. The lady will also update with the norms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant And Unmarried To An Igbo Nigerian Man by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 20, 2018
[quote author=Elokafaithmercy post=69491947][/quote] OK just be yourself smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Community In Abesan/ipaja Lagos Wows People With Their Colorful Festival / Why Are Do More Regent Come From Ondo State / Trending Nigeria National Anthem In Yoruba Language (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.