Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,574 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Building Soakaway Pit With 5" Blocks - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Soakaway Pit With 5" Blocks (6504 Views)

Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos / Appropriate Size Of Septic Tank And Soakaway Pit / For Sale 5 Blocks Of 3 Storey Buildings On 5000sq Metres (8plots) Corner Piece P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Soakaway Pit With 5" Blocks by Trendy247: 11:12pm On Jul 17, 2018
Engineers in the house, please I need your advice on this... I have spare 5" blocks and I was thinking of using them to build my Soakaway pit instead of spending money to mould new blocks.
Please can I use 5" blocks for the Soakaway pit?

1 Like

Re: Building Soakaway Pit With 5" Blocks by Flatties: 11:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
with those same kinda blocks in the pic... I'll say Yes!
those blocks are looking strong and can survive intense moisture.

ain't no engineer though.
Re: Building Soakaway Pit With 5" Blocks by OneCorner: 12:03am On Jul 18, 2018
Wait, if we say no, u will bulldoze all dat one u av build away abi

Are we ur mate dat u will be carrying us and play?

1 Like

Re: Building Soakaway Pit With 5" Blocks by Trendy247: 5:25am On Jul 18, 2018
OneCorner:
Wait, if we say no, u will bulldoze all dat one u av build away abi

Are we ur mate dat u will be carrying us and play?
Pix attached is a screenshot of the one I saw here on nairaland, dunno if it's 5" blocks the guy used, but it looks like it. I've not started the project yet, that's y I came to seek advice.
https://www.nairaland.com/2354065/nairanlanders-building-project
Re: Building Soakaway Pit With 5" Blocks by Rubbiish(m): 6:13am On Jul 18, 2018
Trendy247:

Pix attached is a screenshot of the one I saw here on nairaland, dunno if it's 5" blocks the guy used, but it looks like it. I've not started the project yet, that's y I came to seek advice.
https://www.nairaland.com/2354065/nairanlanders-building-project
Are the 5inches blocks the remaining ones u used for your building?
Re: Building Soakaway Pit With 5" Blocks by Trendy247: 6:18am On Jul 18, 2018
Rubbiish:

Are the 5inches blocks the remaining ones u used for your building?
Yes sir, it was moulded over 10yrs ago. And it's still very strong (according to the bricklayer). He said the block is better than what they're moulding nowadays despite the fact that it stayed that long.
Re: Building Soakaway Pit With 5" Blocks by Jigga25: 7:24am On Jul 18, 2018
Depending on how big ur septic tank and soak away is...6" solid blocks are ideal for areas with cohesive soil (eg clay), other than that, 9" blocks are better because it can withstand water pressure from the surrounding non cohesive soil (eg sandy or loamy) and not cave in. My advice... avoid disaster before it happens. DON'T USE THAT 10YRS OLD 5" BLOCK.

1 Like

Re: Building Soakaway Pit With 5" Blocks by Rubbiish(m): 11:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
Trendy247:

Yes sir, it was moulded over 10yrs ago. And it's still very strong (according to the bricklayer). He said the block is better than what they're moulding nowadays despite the fact that it stayed that long.
If u can use it for d house u will be living in, why can't u use it for d soakaway that will be habouring waste? But I wouldn't advise u to use 5inches for subsequent project though, minimum should be 6inches if u ask me...
Re: Building Soakaway Pit With 5" Blocks by Trendy247: 6:20am On Jul 19, 2018
Rubbiish:

If u can use it for d house u will be living in, why can't u use it for d soakaway that will be habouring waste? But I wouldn't advise u to use 5inches for subsequent project though, minimum should be 6inches if u ask me...
OK, Tnx man!

(1) (Reply)

Filling Stations For Sale In Lagos/Ogun State / 5 Digital Real Estate Marketing Tools That Every Agent Needs ! / Lagos Slum Regeneration Aims At Reducing Homelessness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.