Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier (41173 Views)

Mixed Reaction Trail FG's Choice Of Ethiopian Airlines As National Carrier / Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project / Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by FriendNG: 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

I can't be pushing pics taken there here you know now for privacy reasons. But out of this place we can share pics. If you are on gmail talk to me on hangout I can show you some.

Ok thank you. See my email as an attached picture below.

That said, it was a smooth ride and extremely clean. We had about four stops before the airport. 1. Stadium. 2. Idu 3. One funny name like that. 4. Final destination Airport. I had to send a driver to wait for us at the airport to convey us back because the return trip was slated for 1.30pm. overall it is a great and good development. [/b] But we had a chat with the management and we were all shouting maintenance into their ears. Hopefully they listen. [/b]

I hope they do @above. But I am optimistic they will becux it will still be managed by Chinese until they recover their money.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Motherlands: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2018
banntin:
Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika on Wednesday unveiled the name of Nigeria’s national carrier, as well as the logo at the Farnborough International Airshow in London.

Sirika said the national carrier is Nigeria Air.

During the unveiling, the minister said, “this will be a National Carrier that is Private sector-led and driven. It is a business, not a social service. Government will not be involved in running it or deciding who runs it. The investors will have full responsibility for this.”

“The Nigerian Government will not own more than 5% (maximum) of the new National Carrier. Government will not be involved in running it or deciding who runs it,” he said

He added that government is in talks with aircraft providers, “We’ve been talking to Airbus and Boeing (and they’re present at this event) regarding the aircraft for and we will be making announcements very soon. We are currently negotiating.”

Cc: lalasticlala
http://punchng.com/breaking-nigeria-unveils-name-of-national-carrier-logo/

Complete BS.
Another white elephant project doomed to fail.

This is the airline that will be primarily used to for :
1. Ferry Nigerian pilgrims to Saudi Arabia at steeply FG subsidized fares.

2. Ferry the ruling party bigwigs and their families to political meetings, rallies and shopping excursion to Dubai.

3. Incur international debts for the nation.

4. The government agencies will frustrate the private investors, force them to sell their stakes for pennies to the dollar, then sell the whole company or the planes to Dangote or another favored son.

It's deja vu all over again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by gcof(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Finally Finally... Pls privatize it oo so some criminals within the government turn it to their personal ride like they did to Nigerian airways
what happened to NEPA and NITEL that were privatized? I tell you , no private sector will run an organization more than government. The problem is that government want where there is easy money without work if you doubt me, ask yourself why they haven’t and never contemplated privatization of NNPC and DPR

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by DAVEZONIGLTD: 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2018
God bless Nigeria.

#itispossible

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by johnmattew: 3:59pm On Jul 18, 2018
TheShopKeeper:
...ok o...we are waiting patiently...

...but why is the unveiling taking place in Farnborough, UK?
ever heard of Farnborough air show?....it's world biggest airplane exhibition
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by johnmattew: 3:59pm On Jul 18, 2018
Sourcethe:
Nonsense. unveiling a national carrier in another country.
Meanwhile. Never believe anything that comes from the mouth of APC.
Let the minister show us any agreement they have made.
If you go on the farnborough air show website everything is quite clear there.
You will see countries that have order for commercial fight such as Quatar and co. Nigeria is not mentioned anywhere there.
We in the western world have access to these airshow and we get answer when asked. f you doubt me ask the minister how many commercial flight has Nigeria ordered. [b][/b]

educate urself..... Farnborough air show is worlda biggest air exhibition event

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by mknigeriagreat: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2018
lefulefu:
this country is movingshocked. Are u sure u lving in this country? Its 360 naira to a dollar right now.

I kuku dey this Naija with you. Even with the dollar naira rate at 360, things are still happening sentiments apart bro. Just take time to analyze things. See people have milked this country to zero. There are some of our leaders or let me say most of them that do not even believe in Nigeria. So all they did was to steal to the last kobo what they could pick from the treasury. We will survive ma worry. We dey here together.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by 3verblazing(m): 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2018
Nice logo
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Shampoo77: 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
Most Nigerians are real fools. Someone just show you a logo and a name without a plane and you are celebrating. Celebrating what? That was how they made promises in 2014 and nothing has happen till date. I bet you guys from now till the end of the year you will not see any plane... None sense leaders and daft followers.
Motherlands:

Complete BS.
Another white elephant project doomed to fail.

This is the airline that will be primarily used to for :
1. Ferry Nigerian pilgrims to Saudi Arabia at steeply FG subsidized fares.

2. Ferry the ruling party bigwigs and their families to political meetings, rallies and shopping excursion to Dubai.

3. Incur international debts for the nation.

4. The government agencies will frustrate the private investors, force them to sell their stakes for pennies to the dollar, then sell the whole company or the planes to Dangote or another favored son.

It's deja vu all over again.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Jodhar: 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2018
Hope the manage it well this time

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by aribisala0(m): 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2018
gcof:
what happened to NEPA and NITEL that were privatized? I tell you , no private sector will run an organization more than government. The problem is that government want where there is easy money without work if you doubt me, ask yourself why they haven’t and never contemplated privatization of NNPC and DPR
Who said that privatization of NNPC was never contemplated?
This is not about "privatization" of an existing government parastatal. You are mixing things up.

This is a start up in the same way that Glo was a startup . Startups can do well in our aviation sector

This is A brand new business 95% in private sector . It is ther business if it fails.Indeed there is no rule stopping other entrants after all Virgin and BA from one country run two flights dailyto London without competition. They are the ones that this move could worry because this is going to fight them for market share, same as Emirates
Now even those who transit through favourite transit points Amstrdam and Paris would now get direct flights to the US, the Middle and Far East and South America.

Anyway I am also sceptical for a different set of reaasons. The timing. We are less than 12 months to the end of the first 4 years of this administration . It may or may not win the election and it is unpredictable what the next government if it is different from this one will do.So what a rresponsible government ought to have done is to strike cross party agreement binding on both parties which would be reassuring for the market. That has not happened and so one wonders if this is a scam with the intention to cream off legal,consulting and other miscellaneous dollar denominated fees .Time will tell

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Yagazie2016(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2018
Nigeria will not own more than 5% but it will still enjoy the support of the federal government. That means that other private airlines will be muscled out of competition and then the "privately owned" Nigeria air will rape the country forever!
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Yagazie2016(m): 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2018
[quote author=mknigeriagreat post=69495590]

I kuku dey this Naija with you. Even with the dollar naira rate at 360, things are still happening sentiments apart bro. Just take time to analyze things. See people have milked this country to zero. There are some of our leaders or let me say most of them that do not even believe in Nigeria. So all they did was to steal to the last kobo what they could pick from the treasury. We will survive ma worry. We dey here together.

Bro, the country has been milked right before the onset of civilian rule. Infact before the independence, GBR was milking the country. This present administration has not shown any difference from its predecessors. It's just busy complaining about the past and still milking the country. As if they have not been in control of the executive and majority of legislators for the past 3yrs plus.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Beautyaddy: 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2018
Oh great!

However, this is another Arik Air Airline in disguise...and we all know what happened to its international route undecided
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Horus(m): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fla_XMHxQSo

Nigeria Launches New Airline- Nigeria Air

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by mknigeriagreat: 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2018
[quote author=Yagazie2016 post=69496058][/quote]

Don't worry God will soon raise our own Jerry Rawlings for us in Nigeria. If we can just wake up and not see all these guys again. Now take a look at the aggrieved ones leaving APC now. They are all heading back to PDP and SDP. Bottom line, same set of leaders just revolving. Me I know there is no wonder that can happen with these guys around. They must all be out of the system. ALL!!!!!! Both pdp, sdp, apc apga etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by aribisala0(m): 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2018
Yagazie2016:
Nigeria will not own more than 5% but it will still enjoy the support of the federal government. That means that other private airlines will be muscled out of competition and then the "privately owned" Nigeria air will rape the country forever!
That is not what it means.
You cannot muscle airlines out. That is why air travel is negotiated between countries at the highest level.

Other countries too can react. We see what is happening between Trump and China or the Eu.

Yes government should reciprocate acts of hostility but agreements set the minimum standard.

In London Arik was confined to far off gates and so on but as long as the letter of the agreements are adhered to no problem. We can do the same.Such things do not deterserious businessmen who take it as part of the show.

There is nothing stopping Dangote from starting an airline of his own. In fact I predict that in ten years people like him will start at least another 2 airlines with one serving Africa and Asia
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Horus(m): 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
The Nigerian Government has formally unveiled the new national carrier: Nigeria Air

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by dubailive: 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2018
This is long awaited. I support a maximum private control of the airline. As it is now, over the years the government has shown that they are bad manager of resources. If ethiopian airline can do it, kenya air, egypt, rwanda air, sechelles and south africa air are all making it and running the airline successfully, we should be able to do it this time around.
Government please dont use your hand scatter what you are about to do now later o o. I dey warn una ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Ajengogo(m): 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2018
The minister is doing all these preliminary negotiations, yet govt is not involved in Nigerian Air
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by columbus007(m): 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2018
TheAngry1:
Wait for pessimists to tell you it will fail, even before its first take off! If you are one of them, may God heal your negative heart. Let's celebrate this!
one can't be celebrating when a child isn't born.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Yagazie2016(m): 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2018
[quote author=aribisala0 post=69496734] That is not what it means.
You cannot muscle airlines out. That is why air travel is negotiated between countries at the highest level.

Other countries too can react. We see what is happening between Trump and China or the Eu.

Yes government should reciprocate acts of hostility but agreements set the minimum standard.

In London Arik was confined to far off gates and so on but as long as the letter of the agreements are adhered to no problem. We can do the same.Such things do not deterserious businessmen who take it as part of the show.

There is nothing stopping Dangote from starting an airline of his own. In fact I predict that in ten years people like him will start at least another 2 airlines with one serving Africa and Asia

How can you be sure that govt can not muscle its competition out? What are the operational costs of operating a business? No indigenous airline or any other business in nigeria now can compete with a parallel business that has the government backing. If in doubt, study the case of Dangote and the success of His business empire.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2018
Crocky23:
Buhari Airways.
Give it 1yr and we're back to square one.
Are you allergic to good things?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by bmaks: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2018
eleojo23:
Na today?

We will only celebrate when we see the airplanes and if the national carrier is still functional in the next 30years.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Bad Belle

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by TheAngry1: 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2018
columbus007:
one can't be celebrating when a child isn't born.

Don't you at least throw baby showers?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by GoodFaith: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
TheAngry1:
Wait for pessimists to tell you it will fail, even before its first take off! If you are one of them, may God heal your negative heart. Let's celebrate this!
I think, you are not thinking--the key word in Nigeria is corruption
Nigerians will go buy old air plane
Nigerians will not provide the services the plane need
Can you kill corruption for us Nigerians
Poor service Nigeria are know for in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by aribisala0(m): 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2018
Yagazie2016:

How can you be sure that govt can not muscle its competition out? What are the operational costs of operating a business? No indigenous airline or any other business in nigeria now can compete with a parallel business that has the government backing. If in doubt, study the case of Dangote and the success of His business empire.

I am not sure .Never said I was just what I believe.
You are misreading the whole thing.

This "government backing" is a red herring. The government 5% is not so much an investment but a stimulus for inestors to boost confidence and kick start things.

This so called parallel business we do not know if the investors will materialise but if they do and another set appear why can't government do the same 5% thing all over again.

Anyway I do not believe that government is in it for the 5% and will probably sell that stake off.

I think government is forced to do that because Nigeria hardly inspires investor confidence . I expect to see a business that is traded on the stock market which a lot of folk forget that Dangotte's business is. Dangote will die one day and may not remain in his family thereafter.

With Airlines like I said the markets are there for more than 1 airline so we do not need to be paranoid

Let us not foget that such airlines will be the only ones offering direct flights from Lagos to the whole wordl including Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by GoodFaith: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

If nothing ever works in this country, you won't have a platform like Nairaland to air you views. Fine things might not be as we want yet, but boy listen to me, things are working in this country. Laziness is a disease get to work boy. I just rode the train from central area here to the airport. Gradually we will get to the promise land. IF you don't believe in this country, relocate to Congo boy.
O boy what is working in Nigeria?
corruption
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Dee60: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2018
I dont know whether to be sceptical or not. I only have questions - We had airlines that were 100% private - Why did they fail? Arik, FirstNation, Discovery, etc! Why did Arik become distressed? At a time they had 14 aircraft and were nationwide? Are the government agencies more friendly than before? Why does government need to start any business? We had telecoms that consumed eve larger capital - Did we need to launch NigeriaTelecoms? Or NigeriaCoke?
I am just wondering!
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Optimist88(m): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2018
Foolishness! So upon all the touting, 5% is our own share of it! How can government flaunt private company from scratch when it's not privatisation of existing company.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by jaxxy(m): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2018
In this bad economy When the economy was good we cudnt maintain it or pay staffs anyways more employments will come from this. If its sustainable time will tell
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Dee60: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2018
Optimist88:
Foolishness! So upon all the touting, 5% is our own share of it! How can government flaunt private company from scratch when it's not privatisation of existing company.

Thank you - Why is government starting a business that is not going to be owned by government? Maybe they will explain later! Why design and launch a logo for me when you will only own 5% of my business?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stranded Nigerian Mom & Kids Sleep Outside Nigerian Embassy In Germany / The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) / FESTAC Tanker Fire Destroyed 26 Vehicles, Others (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.