Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier (41184 Views)

Mixed Reaction Trail FG's Choice Of Ethiopian Airlines As National Carrier / Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project / Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by 02Kebreal(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2018
PDP INITIATED IT...
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2018
Float airlines for which people to fly? The newly built airports in these states remain empty for a reason. Most of the citizens are poor and don't have anyway to go.

Aside from Lagos and Abuja routes, most other air routes in the country are highly unprofitable "one flight per week routes."
Hence, viable business cases can't be made for an airline venture, except maybe the owner/investor wants to lose money in exchange for ego.

wink2015:
Rich states like Delta state, Rivers states, Bayelsa state, Akwa Ibom state, Lagos state etc should be able to float their own Airline instead of waiting for the federal government 's Nigeria Air.

The resources these states receive from the federal government is far big enough to maintain airline, pay salaries of workforce, tar road etc.

Corruption has always been our problem in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by PDPGuy: 5:56pm On Jul 18, 2018
The government has identified 81 domestic, regional and international routes
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by mknigeriagreat: 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2018
GoodFaith:

O boy what is working in Nigeria?
corruption

If all you see is corruption that is your own cup of tea. But positive things are also working. We have a train from town to airport for the first time in Abuja. Most of the roads in Abuja are finished. I drove from osun to Abuja and most of the bad spots have been patched up and fixed made driving better for me. I enjoy better power now at home and pay for what I consume not estimated. Do I want more 100% YES. Could the government have done better? 100% YES. But we are going there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Elfaris(m): 6:08pm On Jul 18, 2018
This is progress. #ProudlyNigerian #SaiBaba #PmbTill2023 #HeartacheForHaters

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by CoolFreeday(m): 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2018
adeoba2008:

So that it can be grounded again?

so that they will be able to moderate things

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by olujastro: 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

I can't be pushing pics taken there here you know now for privacy reasons. But out of this place we can share pics. If you are on gmail talk to me on hangout I can show you some.

That said, it was a smooth ride and extremely clean. We had about four stops before the airport. 1. Stadium. 2. Idu 3. One funny name like that. 4. Final destination Airport. I had to send a driver to wait for us at the airport to convey us back because the return trip was slated for 1.30pm. overall it is a great and good development. But we had a chat with the management and we were all shouting maintenance into their ears. Hopefully they listen.
I'd love to see some pics as well. I've searched for videos on YouTube of the metro in use to no avail. You should have taken pictures or videos of the ride excluding your face.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by CoolFreeday(m): 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2018
chijokz:
'Owe' who? What percentage should they 'owe'? grin

like 35% (highest share)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by CoolFreeday(m): 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ramos16:

I agree with you, having less than 5% means the Federal government would be very limited on the decision making. Hence investors can set air fares as high as they want, unless if their intention is to have some many investors that none has more than 5% share.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by CoolFreeday(m): 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2018
Ositebello1:
sai baba sai buhari the only man can do it right[color=#006600][/color]

God bless my President, PMB
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by CoolFreeday(m): 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2018
blackpanda:

so that they can destroy it again abi

no, so they can regulate things
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by mknigeriagreat: 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2018
olujastro:

I'd love to see some pics as well. I've searched for videos on YouTube of the metro in use to no avail. You should have taken pictures or videos of the ride excluding your face.
Please send them to my Nairaland username ....@gmail.com

I will send you some. Cheers.I see the metro from my office will make a video and send to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by lanre4411(m): 6:41pm On Jul 18, 2018
esbjaygmailco:
a welcome development, i wish them a meritorious operations. we are waiting for you at the tarmac, we will support you operationally as we welcomed MAXAIR.
bro you be NAHCO?
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by olujastro: 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

I will send you some. Cheers.I see the metro from my office will make a video and send to you.
That reminds me. You said you couldn't return with the train because of the return time. I thought Metros are supposed to pass every 5 or 10 minutes. How long after you arrived did you need to wait for the return train?
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by mknigeriagreat: 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2018
olujastro:

That reminds me. You said you couldn't return with the train because of the return time. I thought Metros are supposed to pass every 5 or 10 minutes. How long after you arrived did you need to wait for the return train?

Not all the coaches are in. Most of them haven't landed yet. The same one that took us to the airport was to take us back but the return trip was scheduled for 1.30pm. They are still creating awarness and it was a free ride. We just decided to ride in it to check how it function for future personal usage. Being working hours we needed to get back to the office in a jiffy so the driver that dropped us off at the station was instructed to drive down to wait for us at the airport. In no time, the system will be like we want it considering what I saw today. It is commendable sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Horus(m): 7:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
The logo of the airline

Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by GoodFaith: 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

If all you see is corruption that is your own cup of tea. But positive things are also working. We have a train from town to airport for the first time in Abuja. Most of the roads in Abuja are finished. I drove from osun to Abuja and most of the bad spots have been patched up and fixed made driving better for me. I enjoy better power now at home and pay for what I consume not estimated. Do I want more 100% YES. Could the government have done better? 100% YES. But we are going there.

Nonsense, Please repeat after me before you read below you just lied
Some of the common new words in Nigeria Cults, kidnapping, Fulani herdsmen and boko haram
Tell me
Basic security for it citizen zero
Good road-zero
20 hours electricity SUPPLY?
Government supply it citizens with water?
The Health care industry in great shape?
Nigeria government has moved backward compare to 32 year back 1987?
All we nigerians know is corruption
Providing poor service
You said Nigeria government has done 100% better---- LIE COMPARE TO WHAT? SMART MAN
before i left home in 1987 we get 20 hours supply of electricity
we had water board that supply water
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2018
It's said the airline is to begin with an initial 5 aircrafts hmmm.... I don't even know what to say.
I guess our ailing domestic airlines would still have some time to get serious b4 "Nigeria air" becomes any competition.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by uba1991: 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2018
Shampoo77:
Most Nigerians are real fools. Someone just show you a logo and a name without a plane and you are celebrating. Celebrating what? That was how they made promises in 2014 and nothing has happen till date. I bet you guys from now till the end of the year you will not see any plane... None sense leaders and daft followers.
pained pig
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by mknigeriagreat: 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2018
GoodFaith:

Nonsense, Please repeat after me before you read below you just lied
Some of the new word in Nigeria Cults, kidnapping and boko haram
Tell me
Basic security for it citizen zero
Good road-zero
20 hours electricity SUPPLY?
Government supply it citizens with water?
The Health care industry in great shape?
Nigeria government has moved backward compare to 32 year back 1987?
All we nigerians know is corruption
Providing poor service
You said Nigeria government has done 100% better---- LIE COMPARE TO WHAT? SMART MAN
before i left home in 1987 we get 20 hours supply of electricity
we had water board that supply water

Since you can't even read through my lines properly and comprehend simple English I wrote up there but you're misquoting my lines and sentences I can't even have a debate with you not to talk of objective conversation. Good night
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by GoodFaith: 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

Since you can't even read through my lines properly and comprehend simple English I wrote up there but you're misquoting my lines and sentences I can't even have a debate with you not to talk of objective conversation. Good night
you started your comment that " if it is corruption I see that is my cup of tea
You fail to read completely in to my statement
you narrow minded started telling me how Nigeria is moving forward
corruption in all Nigerian DNA including me
we are evil
Nigerian are Nigeria number one enemy
If we don't kill corruption, Nigeria will not move forward
I know people who has paid for pre paid meter and they are still waiting
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by balladin: 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2018
Drab logo
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Nelson247: 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2018
CoolFreeday:
Nigeria air, good one.

Nigeria should owe more than 5% please....

5% is enough bro else this govt officials will be flying free of charge from abuja to lagos to buy amala and return back to abuja like they did to nigerian airways
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2018
abc115:
grin
God bless Nigeria Air
God Bless MSA-T
God Bless MOT
God Bless PMB
God Bless FRN
have they paid ex Nigeria airways pensioners who are crying of hunger everyday?
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by FriendNG: 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2018
olujastro:

Check NTA news of yesterday they have show the ride from one of the station to airport.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by RealMillennial(m): 7:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Experts have advised Buhari to forget this Carrier matter for now.
The same way we were advised to shun nuclear power for now.
All for the same reasons:
We have proven our irresponsibility and disregard for STANDARD and human life time and time again.
Our mismanagement skills is unmatched the world over.
We install people in positions based on who they know not what they know.
The economics of running these things is another story.
..shall I go on?
I'm a very optimistic Nigerian, but right now there are certain things I know our government is just not mature enough or trustworthy enough to handle.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by blackpanda: 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2018
CoolFreeday:

no, so they can regulate things

Govt already regulates the industry.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by CoolFreeday(m): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2018
blackpanda:

Govt already regulates the industry.

what about price hiking and exploitation?
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by CoolFreeday(m): 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2018
Nelson247:

5% is enough bro else this govt officials will be flying free of charge from abuja to lagos to buy amala and return back to abuja like they did to nigerian airways

my reason is so that the Govt can have a say especially when it comes to regulations
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by olujastro: 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

Was expecting to hear from you before the end of today.
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by esbjaygmailco(m): 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2018
lanre4411:
bro you be NAHCO?

lol....fueler
Re: Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier by blackpanda: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
CoolFreeday:

what about price hiking and exploitation?

Did u not do economics in secondary school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World War II Plane Crashes In US Airport, Kills At Least 7 Persons / Things You Should Never Buy At The Airport / Most Beautiful Cities In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.