Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,832 members, 7,828,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Is It Really About Working Hard? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Really About Working Hard? (13182 Views)

What Do You Hate Most About Working From Home? / Common Lies About Working From Home As A Nigerian / Why You Should Make Working Hard A Habit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by greatiyk4u(m): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2018
If
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by congorasta: 11:28am On Jul 19, 2018
k
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Spartacuslastman(m): 11:28am On Jul 19, 2018
I think is high time i face my forex trading and football betting

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Truckpusher(m): 11:31am On Jul 19, 2018
The phrase 'work hard' isn't all about the amount of physical time and energy as well as the mental energy you put in doing the wrong thing, wrong way and the wrong timing with the wrong set of people around you.

You can work very hard all your life but there are some factors that finally propels one to another level in any chosen endeavor . However , no matter the angle one looks at it I have come to that one realization that after doing all you can in any business , job et al you need that 1 % God factor for anything you touch no matter how insignificant it is to turn to gold.

I wasn't a believer of this school of thought until I saw it , felt it and now I know better.

Whatever you do - Do it with all your strength and wait but don't forget to wait on the Lord.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Enigmaticprof(m): 11:31am On Jul 19, 2018
omojeesu:

It is more about working smart. One good way is doing multilevel network marketing!

Real gee��... People don't know how much networking pays nowadays. You can simply make a million at home with your smartphone. Send me a pm if interested.
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Glorylynn: 11:31am On Jul 19, 2018
True to some extent
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by seyigiggle: 11:33am On Jul 19, 2018
it all depends on your definition of hardwork

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by jabberjawz: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2018
LordofNaija:
cheesy I still laugh when I hear people say hardwork pays. Providence and smartness does it all. Just work smart man. If it's meant for you, it will surely come to pass. What work has Yusuf Buhari ever done to own two top rated hotels. Think man, think

If his dad wasn't president.... would he have gone that far?......he probably would have been earning 45k in one government office....or one man business.....or better still.....going round dropping CV.......
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by omojeesu(m): 11:34am On Jul 19, 2018
Enigmaticprof:

Real gee��... People don't know how much networking pays nowadays. You can simply make a million at home with your smartphone. Send me a pm if interested.

Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!

Check this out: max.com/585305
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by showafrica(m): 11:34am On Jul 19, 2018
To me it's about doing what you enjoy. Some rich folks are miserable but it's better to be rich than to be poor. However it's best to do what you love and bring out the best in it while you enjoy the monetary returns.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2018
WhiteSoup:
Did Hushpupi work hard?
Did Bobrisky work hard?

I does not even knows why people still want to go to school in this era

Youths should learned to follow the inspiration of these people and strive to be like them.

Of course they worked hard. You think laying on ur bed browsing all day will make u wear Gucci or have loyal followership as an influencer on instagram. Know what u want and do it till u make it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by LordofNaija: 11:35am On Jul 19, 2018
jabberjawz:

If his dad wasn't president.... would he have gone that far?......he probably would have been earning 45k in one government office....or one man business.....!
Thats Providence! Read my lips, if it's meant to be it will surely come to pass
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:36am On Jul 19, 2018
midehill:
The phrase "working hard" pisses me up nowadays not because I am lazy but because working hard is not the way to get rich and be comfortable.

For instance look around you, I am sure you know atleast one person who is very hardworking, they could be a close friend, neighbours, it could even be our dad or mum. But look at them, sometimes when you hear them speak, some will tell you they have been working for twenty years, some thirty and some fourty and above years with nothing to show for it. All the money they got from working hard are only used to cater for their family and pay bills, after all this they have nothing to show for it after long years of working and sweating.

Meanwhile another guy in the corner knows what works for him, let's say he loves playing football, he would work towards that and before you know it he is a billionaire. Another guy loves singing, he works towards that, before you know it, they are calling him or her for shows up and down. Just recently our celebrity musician tekno said he did not go to school and he is a milionaire, we all know when he started singing meanwhile some of us have been working before he starts singing but just look at it now, our money and his money no be mate, another musician is Mr eazi...how many more do I want to talk about!!!

The message I am trying to pass is know what works for you, if you loves singing go for it, follow your dream one day you will succeed. if you love football, same thing applies to it. If it's acting, go for it,u will succeed

Another thing I want you to note is that when you love doing something and you back it up with prayer and you go for it, there is no way you won't make it.

There are some great music's that haven't been produced because those with the talent are busy doing another thing.

There are some great writers yet to be known simply because they are no where to be found

There are some great footballer that are even far better than Messi and Ronaldo but he or she is somewhere wallowing in poverty

To end it all, school is very important but the way our economy is going, don't dare say you want to become a doctor, lawyer, accountant without having plan B

To me school is overated, u will hear pple saying I want to become a doctor whereas they have something that can pay them more well than those professions they just enlisted.
School is good but if you are not careful, it can make you to be poor.

My name is midehill, I just want to make common sense

It's also important to work smart... God's grace is also important.
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by jabberjawz: 11:37am On Jul 19, 2018
LordofNaija:

Thats Providence! Read my lips, if it's meant to be it will surely come to pass

Naaaaa hommie......so why didn't you come to this world as Bill Gates son?

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by mekonglobal(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2018
First, are you happy with what u do?
Whats ur level of knowledge in it.
Make efforts to improve on the level u're on. As the system of the world is envolving, flow with the trend, don't be stactic!
My 2penny.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by LordofNaija: 11:39am On Jul 19, 2018
jabberjawz:

Naaaaa hommie......so why didn't you come to this world as Bill Gates son?
Cos I wasn't destined to. Nothing in life happens by chance you need to take a course in astro and metaphysics
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by baddosky1: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2018
LordofNaija:
cheesy I still laugh when I hear people say hardwork pays. Providence and smartness does it all. Just work smart man. If it's meant for you, it will surely come to pass. What work has Yusuf Buhari ever done to own two top rated hotels. Think man, think

Chisos! These people have finished us!!

Which hotels and their locations?
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by LordofNaija: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2018
baddosky1:

Chisos! These people have finished us!!

Which hotels and their locations?
Read up man
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by DonX001: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2018
OP, don't get it twisted.
In whatever field you are, its about working smart AND hard. The combination is key.
The Tekno, models and footballers you are talking about, you think they don't work hard??
C Ronaldo, Messi, you think you can work as hard as them?
I can bet you they work harder than the average office person.
Even yahoo boys, you think they don't work hard??
Smh for you.
So you must do both- work smart and hard to maximize your chances of success.
If you do only one of them, your chances of success are much more limited.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by jabberjawz: 11:42am On Jul 19, 2018
LordofNaija:

Cos I wasn't destined to. Nothing in life happens by chance you need to take a course in astro and metaphysics

Ok o......happy Astro & Metaphysicsing......
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Sapeleboy911(m): 11:43am On Jul 19, 2018
Though you are correct. But hard work and education is very imporyant. Most times working hard is not physicaly doing a particular thing. Several factors are involve. The Tekno and eazy you made mention of were nobody before they became famous. They worked hard for it. They tried on their own before the promoters and maketers found them. At one time or the order during their time of struggle they came across so many obstacles that almost made them quit.
And as for going to school to become a lawyer or a doctor. Though your chances of making wealth is high. But, there is no certainty. The fact that you are a doctor doesn't guarantee you a ticket to wealth. But your chances are high.
The fact is we should pursue what we love doing. PASSION is very very important. If we face challenges doing what we love. PASSION will help us overcome such challenges.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by ashjay001(m): 11:43am On Jul 19, 2018
post=69506500:
It's not about working hard at all...

The Grace of God encapsulate that.....atleast for us!

Exactly! But, how does grace locate u, when u're supposed to d IG, but slugging away as a struggling doctorsad

I'm putting kids, thru their paces, even their mom, thinks I'm madgringringrin

Ise ko lo'wo(work doesn't beget wealth)
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Jerrymann(m): 11:45am On Jul 19, 2018
Fantastic write up
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 19, 2018
OP you still have to add HARD to any WORK you are doing, then put SMARTNESS after it.

The mistake people make is taking out smartness and innovation and just working hard blindly.

For instance a government job will always suck you up and make you work really hard with nothing to show for it, sonetimes the government does not even give you any excuse. The smart people are diversifying into other businesses that could fetch extra cash depensong on your clime, saving and investing at the same time is smartness when you know there is no job security where you work.

coming to the Nigeria of today, it takes more than hardwork to get anything out of your certificate nowadays especially when you dont have connections to big companies and influential parents to set up a business for you. Even if you do , smartness will. not drive you to set up a business which will only make you toil and work hard all to run at a loss.Smartness is what makes you structure your job search process and grab any slight opportunity to present yourself as the best candidate for a job opening.

If you intent to trail the entrepreneur path, be ready for the worse.Grasp knowledge and mentorships around you untill you discover yourself. Where can you function to the best of your ability , what current trend can you tap into and upscale fast, be it tech, music or whatever , you should not work hard blindly. If you know you arent going to use your masters for anything dont waste money yet, see what you can set up to keep you going before furthering, i dont see any smartness in running a masters degree when you don't take time to learn one or two skills or intern in a few companies or get a business running. If your degree cant get you a job, who says your Msc will. Pivot and try as many things as possible untill one clicks.

But unfortunately, many of us still conform to the trend and believes of goto school , do masters ,get a job. while it works for some people , A lot of Nigerians end up in frustration.

The Nigeria of today does not secure your future, you have to secure it with your own hands.

Nothing is guaranteed, except your father or mother is into politics!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by C4Ltd: 11:48am On Jul 19, 2018
midehill:
The phrase "working hard" pisses me up nowadays not because I am lazy but because working hard is not the way to get rich and be comfortable.

For instance look around you, I am sure you know atleast one person who is very hardworking, they could be a close friend, neighbours, it could even be our dad or mum. But look at them, sometimes when you hear them speak, some will tell you they have been working for twenty years, some thirty and some fourty and above years with nothing to show for it. All the money they got from working hard are only used to cater for their family and pay bills, after all this they have nothing to show for it after long years of working and sweating.

Meanwhile another guy in the corner knows what works for him, let's say he loves playing football, he would work towards that and before you know it he is a billionaire. Another guy loves singing, he works towards that, before you know it, they are calling him or her for shows up and down. Just recently our celebrity musician tekno said he did not go to school and he is a milionaire, we all know when he started singing meanwhile some of us have been working before he starts singing but just look at it now, our money and his money no be mate, another musician is Mr eazi...how many more do I want to talk about!!!

The message I am trying to pass is know what works for you, if you loves singing go for it, follow your dream one day you will succeed. if you love football, same thing applies to it. If it's acting, go for it,u will succeed

Another thing I want you to note is that when you love doing something and you back it up with prayer and you go for it, there is no way you won't make it.

There are some great music's that haven't been produced because those with the talent are busy doing another thing.

There are some great writers yet to be known simply because they are no where to be found

There are some great footballer that are even far better than Messi and Ronaldo but he or she is somewhere wallowing in poverty

To end it all, school is very important but the way our economy is going, don't dare say you want to become a doctor, lawyer, accountant without having plan B

To me school is overated, u will hear pple saying I want to become a doctor whereas they have something that can pay them more well than those professions they just enlisted.

wot of airforce1 and many others who went for singing? you are using an isolated case of teckno. are you a gambler

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by helinues: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2018
To make good money in life one needs to hustle with no muscle
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Pataricatering(f): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2018
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing

Can school really make you poor or is it how you apply what you learned from school?

School never really ends; there are always new things to learn.

The real trap is thinking that just because you aced some exams in the past you no longer need to humble yourself to learn new things.

I've found that successful people love learning new things (from books, travel, meeting new people and so on)

However the eternal grumblers (similar to the ones you mentioned who boast about their 40-years-a-slave travails) are usually some of the most RIGID minds around.

These poor souls are forever trapped in the past, with outdated theories on how things are supposed to be... Not humbling themselves enough to learn what is really going on now...

That was nice food for thought. Thanks again.
very sensible comment!

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by ajayiopy: 11:55am On Jul 19, 2018
midehill:

IS ABOUT SELF DISCOVERY ,WORKING SMART AND TALENT

1 Like

Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2018
Pataricatering:
very sensible comment!

Thank you
Re: Is It Really About Working Hard? by Respect55(m): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2018
Onechancearmy:
grin

Believe Techno at your own peril. It is ALWAYS about working hard. Luck will only take you so far in life. And if you drop out of school, you are placing your destiny in the hands of blind motherluck. Life is not always a lottery and even if it were, not everybody who plays the lottery wins.
How many people who have gone to sch are eating from their certificates?
The number one citizen on a certain African country didn't

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

To Become A Referee In Nigerian Globacom League? / Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction / Unpaid Salaries: Hope Dims For Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.