Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Warri Pastor Sold His Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Warri Pastor Sold His Church. (604 Views)

Breaking: Warri Pastor Kills Coronavirus For Making The Church Empty / Father Mbaka Catches His Impostor, Disgraces Him In His Church (Video, Photos) / Apostle Suleman's Face As Stephanie Otobo Confesses In His Church (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warri Pastor Sold His Church. by Joshuamilarge(m): 12:10am On Jul 19, 2018
Warri pastor sold Church.
Yes, you read it correctly. This happened in my area.
There is this common believe among Nigerians that pastors are eating tithes and offerings living extravagant life, while their church members are suffering.
Mr Gabriel(not real name, security reasons) got about #6million cash from his late father's inheritance.
He's a graduate and could speak good English, over the years, he has not ventured into any business, only helped his late father with some supervision work at his site(s).
Because of this general assumptions about pastors, he taught it wise to invest the #6million into Church business. After all he's a Christian, he can pray, read and address people
He had land, spent the whole 6million on the building, good sound system, chairs, generator etc. the Church was beautiful and ordinarily should attract people.
Whenever I pass the venue on a Sunday morning, am tempted to branch but then I just say to myself hey Mr, this is not your Church na.
Mr Gab instead of focusing on the primary objective of the Church which is soul winning, he spent his time and money on Church building and beautifications.
So here is he, pastor with beautiful church yet very scanty members. One year gone, two years and by the third year, my guy was tired. So what next?
That was how he sold the building (church), managed to raise what he spent and traveled to Europe.
If you think Education is fullish, try ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Warri Pastor Sold His Church. by PastorandMentor(m): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2018
Nice he realized he wasn't called.
If you begin a church because you are broke and need money, you will suffer.

1 Like

Re: Warri Pastor Sold His Church. by spongeisback: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2018
If you had read the OP you would know that he didn't sell the church because he wasn't "called" but because he wasn't making profits.
PastorandMentor:
Nice he realized he wasn't called.
If you begin a church because you are broke and need money, you will suffer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sex, The Biggest Nothing In The World / Islam Is A Religion Of Peace - Debunked / Needless Intrigue On The Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.