Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers (14205 Views)

Access Bank To Refund Stamp Duty Deductions / CBN Returns Over N60 Billion Excess Bank Charges To Customers / CBN Returns Over N60 Billion Excess Bank Charges To Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 19, 2018
Okayyyyy.... so that was the 22 naira access bank sent me abi?

If I slap you ����

1 Like

Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 19, 2018
What we should be reading in our statement of ccount is reversal of illegal deductions.Wetin me see na interest of #15.Meanwhile na up to #500 gtb go deduct in a month in my savings account after them use my savings transact business with interest.Well,i don withdraw everything remaining #40 wey i no fit withdraw.
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Damdeyz(m): 9:22am On Jul 19, 2018
nabegibeg:

I have not seen my own oooo
Please stop quoting the entire post in a bid to comment. Some of do not use touch-screen phones and as such have to click painstakingly; imagine having to click through the post again. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 19, 2018
inoki247:
How will i get back my Money..

People wey no get account dey follow raise alarm.

Na joke oh

1 Like

Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 19, 2018
Lucid1:

People wey no get account dey follow raise alarm.

Na joke oh
Is savings account now difficult to open?You no dey see bank marketers for street and market dey beg passers-by to open zero free account?
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by otabaotaba: 9:37am On Jul 19, 2018
Yeye post so way the alert now
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by brodalokie: 9:40am On Jul 19, 2018
Come and remove that N250 you sent to me in February o. Since then I have not seen any money in my account. You want to kill me?
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Lawalemi(m): 9:41am On Jul 19, 2018
They should try and credit me about 1M pere as refund.
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by gulfer: 9:45am On Jul 19, 2018
I still have a pending wrong debit alert (N20,000) First Bank to Diamond bank since 2015, make them help me recover am with the interest. I actually tried sending the money to Lil sis in school but made a mistake of one of the digits. According to Diamond bank, a lien was placed on the account wrongly credited, however the money is yet to be refunded 3 years after embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:45am On Jul 19, 2018
U may not be getting alert 4rm ur bank and u will b like my moni is intact just download ur bank Mobile App and u will b shocked, mine will b like #52.00 deducted
, sometimes #45.00 each ATM transaction u make ur bank will deduct ur cash but u won't get d alert.
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Pololomaster(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2018
Abeg make CBN go sitdown...... There are both thiefs
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by charles009(m): 10:36am On Jul 19, 2018
FCMB should be the worst, i dey tell you.

had to close my wifes account there. after writing series of emails to no avail.
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by omoelerin1: 10:36am On Jul 19, 2018
most Nigerian banks are scammers except GTB, correct bank.
Diamond bank is a robber
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Priling(m): 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
When are we getting it back?
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by nextstep(m): 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2018
post=69507807:
We asked the last time that where is the money?
Who don get alert?!

For where? This is as real as "bonus minutes with glo" grin
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by thatigboman: 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2018
gulfer:
I still have a pending wrong debit alert (N20,000) First Bank to Diamond bank since 2015, make them help me recover am with the interest. I actually tried sending the money to Lil sis in school but made a mistake of one of the digits. According to Diamond bank, a lien was placed on the account wrongly credited, however the money is yet to be refunded 3 years after embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
email cpd@cbn.gov.ng with proof
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Georgry(m): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2018
post=69507807:
We asked the last time that where is the money?
Who don get alert?!

who did this to you? why are you so jobless? you need Devine intervention asap.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by anigold(m): 1:35pm On Jul 19, 2018
Truth234:
The Central Bank of Nigeria says it has recovered over N65bn from commercial banks in the country for wrongful deductions and charges from customers’ deposits and other transactions in the last six years.

The Acting Director, Corporate Communications, CBN, Mr Isaac Okorafor, stated this on Wednesday on the sidelines of a two-day fair with the theme: ‘Promoting Financial Stability and Economic Development’ for stakeholders in Asaba, Delta State.

Okorafor explained that the recovery was made between 2012 and now, stressing that the funds had since been returned to customers, who hitherto complained of wrongful charges and deductions by commercial banks.

“We have recovered and returned to customers over N65bn out of complaints by people over acts of treatment on customers, wrong charges, wrong deductions and others since 2012/2013 when we started,” he said.

He stated that the purpose of the fair was to have a face to face interaction with customers and critical stakeholders in order to understand their challenges and proffer solutions.

Okorafor added that hawking of various denominations of the naira was an offence punishable under the CBN Act of 2005, and warned that the apex bank would not tolerate the breach of its Act, and called on those involved, particularly its staff members, to desist from the practice as they would be dismissed if caught.

He, however, blamed the police for the lack of prosecution of offenders who were caught hawking naira during various raids in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Ibadan and other cities.

He stated, “The CBN is very committed to making sure that people do not hawk the naira, because it is an offence punishable under the CBN Act of 2005. We have made it clear to any of our staff involved in the practice that they will be dismissed.

“We have also made it clear to banks that any of them caught doing it will be severely punished. We are a regulator and not a law enforcement agency. It is the duty of the Nigerian Police to enforce the law. We have collaborated with them at different times.

“We have had raids in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Ibadan and so on, and we will continue to do that, and people have been caught and money confiscated. We are waiting on the police to begin to prosecute those people.”

http://investorsking.com/illegal-deductions-cbn-returns-n65bn-bank-customers/
so you mean you returned the money to 40Million bank customers and nobody has received even one alert. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by PropertyDeals(f): 1:44pm On Jul 19, 2018
omoelerin1:
most Nigerian banks are scammers except GTB, correct bank.

Diamond bank is a robber
It is a good development from CBN. But my brother @omoelerin1, no bank is saint here. They all have cunning ways of ripping customers off.

Are you done with your market analysis of the next property/land you want to acquire? If Real Estate Investment or Land Banking is your choice, it's better you do it rightly with a reputable source. No matter where you need land or house/apartment property in Lagos and other states, we are capable. Our office is in Ikeja (off Medical Road), feel free to visit or call us via the details in my signature. Don't miss this ongoing 50% discount promo on Queens Court Shapati Lakowe.

Check or signature below!!!
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Swtchocandy(f): 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ive not been refunded and I'm not expecting to be refunded but I want to beg CBN to kindly withdraw all those dirty and torn #100 notes in circulation and release new notes. We are tired mbok....
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by economia1: 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2018
thatigboman:
email cpd@cbn.gov.ng with proof
Thanks
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by thatigboman: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2018
anigold:
so you mean you returned the money to 40Million bank customers and nobody has received even one alert. grin grin grin grin grin
no. They mean to those that complained
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by Michealdonald24(m): 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2018
Make dem give me d 65billion,i go use am play 2odd, give dem back their money and use d returns to be useful in life..
Re: Illegal Deductions: CBN Returns N65bn To Bank Customers by chrizzyace: 2:03am On Jul 20, 2018
maximunimpact:
Okayyyyy.... so that was the 22 naira access bank sent me abi?

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Immediate Past NLNG Managing Director Babs Omotowa Appointed Shell VP. / PZ Cussons Nigeria Financially Distressed As Liabilities Surpass Assets / 0000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.