Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos (33117 Views)

Kidnappers Of Catholic Priests In Plateau State Arrested (Photos) / The 4 Catholic Priests Kidnapped In Delta: Victor Adigboluja, Anthony Otegbola / Farooq Kperogi: "This Is Video Of Herdsmen Who Killed Catholic Priests In Benue" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by dainformant(m): 8:19am On Jul 19, 2018
Two Catholic Priests of Nsukka Diocese were on Thursday 12 July 2018, manhandled and severely injured by some youths of Ogbodu-Aba in Udenu Local Government Area, Enugu State.

Rev. Fr. Peter Chikwado Udaya, the parish priest of St. Patrick’s Parish Ibenda and Rev. Fr. Daniel Tochukwu Akubue, the parish priest of St. Mary’s Parish Ada-Obollo and the assistant Diocesan Liturgist, were attacked as they were going back to their duty posts after a brief visit from St. Charles Parish Eha-Ndiagu.

It was gathered that as the two clergy men got to Ogbodu-Aba, they were stopped, blocked and shamefully harassed by some masquerades and the slightest attempt by the priests to inquire what was amiss were greeted with rains of lashes and massive downpour of slaps from every side.

The youths rounded them up and made it difficult for them to escape and pounced on them until the two priests sustained serious injuries.

The crowds that gathered as the incident was going on - did not even help the priests; instead they encouraged and hailed the youths to go on with their mischievous act.

According to reports, the two priests were eventually rescued by Mr. Stephen Eze and his wife who later was said to have been ostracized by the community members.

Shepherd Communications learnt that Fr. Chikwado Udaya during the attack, sustained a lot of injuries some of which affected his vision. In fact, since the ugly incident occurred, he has not been able to see with one of his eyes. He has already undergone an eye operation but the situation is still bad. Fr. Akubue Daniel as at the time of filing this report is still receiving treatment.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/two-nsukka-catholic-priests-heavily-wounded-by-ogbodu-aba-masquerades.html

2 Likes

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by madridguy(m): 8:20am On Jul 19, 2018
This is barbaric and should be condemned. This reminds me of my encounter years back at Okota and ijegun respectively in the hands of miscreants masquerades trying to molest, extort and even rob me.

Thank God for street OT.

24 Likes

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Mutemenot(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2018
Bring those masquerade to the Altar

6 Likes

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Donald95(m): 8:28am On Jul 19, 2018
Awọ Adịghị agba ọsọ ehihie na efu

I hope those Priests didn't destroy or try to destroy their Traditional worship place.

As we Christians won't take it lightly with any Muslim or anybody that tries to destroy our church, So will Traditional worshipers defend their place

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by sarrki(m): 8:29am On Jul 19, 2018
Masquerade wey sabi

7 Likes

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by sarrki(m): 8:31am On Jul 19, 2018
Donald95:
too bad

Not bad though

They started it by confronting them in there shrines

The masquerade decides to pay them homage this time around

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by KraticKratus: 8:32am On Jul 19, 2018
Best news.
Thank you Satan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by dacanv(m): 8:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Priests; Sticks and stones may break my bones..

Masquerade; you wanna test?
Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by hisgrace090: 8:33am On Jul 19, 2018
They've embarck on a journey their returning is the question.

Again what was the offence of the rev gentlemen and why were their helpers ostracised by the community?

2 Likes

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Donald95(m): 8:36am On Jul 19, 2018
sarrki:

Not bad though
They started it by confronting them in there shrines
The masquerade decides to pay them homage this time around
I was booking space wink

1 Like

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 19, 2018
Barbaric if the attack was unprovoked!!

But because of the previous trends of burning down of shrines and its heritage amongst local priest, I would say, Catholic priest should stop getting into the way of masquerades else, lots of lashes awaits them!

Shame on the masquerade if this attack was unprovoked. This type of attitude doesn't reflect the peaceful nature of Igbo culture.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:04am On Jul 19, 2018
This is unacceptable in all ramifications.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by tstx(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2018
I love my culture and all... but this here is unacceptable

see my signature

1 Like

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2018
power jam power angry power jam power

2 Likes

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Nasige(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2018
how e take happen.
Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by kasheemawo(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2018
ibo amaka

1 Like

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 19, 2018
Donald95:
I hope those Priests didn't destroy or try to destroy their Traditional worship place.

As we Christians won't take it lightly with any Muslim or anybody that tries to destroy our church, So will Traditional worshipers defend their place
U have a point

2 Likes

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by potent5(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2018
Oh ye priests of little faith!

4 Likes

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Hemanwel(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2018
T
Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Nightmareo07: 10:06am On Jul 19, 2018
undecided
Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 19, 2018
Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Metuh: 10:06am On Jul 19, 2018
Donald95:

I was booking space wink
You were booking space as if your life depends on it just to spill thrash?

2 Likes

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by pweshboi(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2018
What? I wonder why these youths don't have respect for Thier elders. Talk more of priests. Nah wah o

2 Likes

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by tstx(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2018
But come to think of it.... They must have done something
Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by tstx(m): 10:07am On Jul 19, 2018
hisgrace090:
They've embarck on a journey their returning is the question.

Again what was the offence of the rev gentlemen and why were their helpers ostracised by the community?
My thought exactly

1 Like

Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2018
T
Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 19, 2018
dainformant:
Two Catholic Priests of Nsukka Diocese were on Thursday 12 July 2018, manhandled and severely injured by some youths of Ogbodu-Aba in Udenu Local Government Area, Enugu State.

Rev. Fr. Peter Chikwado Udaya, the parish priest of St. Patrick’s Parish Ibenda and Rev. Fr. Daniel Tochukwu Akubue, the parish priest of St. Mary’s Parish Ada-Obollo and the assistant Diocesan Liturgist, were attacked as they were going back to their duty posts after a brief visit from St. Charles Parish Eha-Ndiagu.

It was gathered that as the two clergy men got to Ogbodu-Aba, they were stopped, blocked and shamefully harassed by some masquerades and the slightest attempt by the priests to inquire what was amiss were greeted with rains of lashes and massive downpour of slaps from every side.

The youths rounded them up and made it difficult for them to escape and pounced on them until the two priests sustained serious injuries.

The crowds that gathered as the incident was going on - did not even help the priests; instead they encouraged and hailed the youths to go on with their mischievous act.

According to reports, the two priests were eventually rescued by Mr. Stephen Eze and his wife who later was said to have been ostracized by the community members.

Shepherd Communications learnt that Fr. Chikwado Udaya during the attack, sustained a lot of injuries some of which affected his vision. In fact, since the ugly incident occurred, he has not been able to see with one of his eyes. He has already undergone an eye operation but the situation is still bad. Fr. Akubue Daniel as at the time of filing this report is still receiving treatment.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/two-nsukka-catholic-priests-heavily-wounded-by-ogbodu-aba-masquerades.html

What did the priests do?
Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by Elsalvator38: 10:08am On Jul 19, 2018
This one na spiritual battle 1&2
Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by sinola(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2018
dainformant:

Catholic church priests and masquerade News all the time....
Re: Two Catholic Priests Beaten By Masquerades In Enugu. Photos by shyner009: 10:08am On Jul 19, 2018
God is watching.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Running Away From Mob Climbs Electricity Pole, Then This Happened / Spirit Cut My Neighbour’s Throat, Not Me –suspect (Pictured) / Youths Beat Catholic Priest, Odunze, In Ebonyi For Flogging Councilor's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.