Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions (30003 Views)

Get N200 For Answering These Questions / Please Help! How Do I Answer These Questions In An Interview / A Job Interview@ LASACO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 19, 2018
Note: Never Go To A “Job Interview” Unprepared For This One Question (Read)

As a job seeker, One thing you must note is to be prepared for anything,I mean any questions that may come by the interviewer, So at the end of every interview you attend, you are bound to be asked if you have any questions for the interviewer. It might seem like an insignificant question but in reality it is very important that you take it seriously.

(Your answer to such a question should always be yes, but only when you know its right to say yes)

Therefore, As a job seeker you should always have questions ready for the interviewer, this will show that you were prepared and interested in the position.

What The Employer Wants To Know

It might not seem like it, but this question is not just a formality, the employer is looking to see if you are truly interested in the position and organisation.

You may have done well in the interview but if another candidate is seen to be more passionate about working for the company, then they might be chosen over you.

“You have to ask the interviewer a question as it shows your interest for the position as well the organization. When you do not ask a question, the interviewer may interpret that as lack of interest and hire somebody else instead.

Questions You Ask Will Also Matter

Just asking a question is not enough, the kind of questions you ask matter a lot as well. You should ensure you ask open ended questions that don’t just require a yes or no answer. That way, you can build other questions from what the interviewer says.

However, you should not ask too many questions because you don’t want to interfere with the interviewer’s schedule.

What Questions Should You Ask?

Questions about the role: Use this opportunity to find out a bit more about the job that was not indicated in the job advert or you haven’t discussed during your interview.

Here are some questions you can ask:

(1) Can you share more about the day-to-day responsibilities of this position?
(2) Is this a new position?

Questions about the company or the interviewer:

This is also a good opportunity for you to get a sense of the company culture in order to see if you will fit in.

(1) What’s the company‘s management style like?
(2) Can you talk about the company culture a bit?

Questions you Should Avoid Asking

1. Questions You Can Answer

Remember not to ask anything that you could easily find out through the company website. This will show the employer that you did not conduct any research on the company before your interview which could lead to your disqualification.

2. Money

During the first interview you should try as much as possible to avoid asking questions about the salary for the position. Yes you need to ensure the pay is what you want but the first interview is not when to raise this issue, unless you feel it is completely necessary.

In Conclusion,

Preparation is always very important when it comes to an interview, don’t just focus on the common interview questions you expect but also have some questions for the interviewer as well.

Use this opportunity to get clarification on anything you didn’t understand during the interview. It will serve to show that you were engaged during the interview and that you took the process seriously. If you would like more clarification on interview questions you can always seek interview coaching services.

ALSO READ MORE >>

https://jobsportal.com.ng/note-never-go-to-a-job-interview-unprepared-for-this-one-question-read/

[b]FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE
[/b]

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2018
undecided

If it is a work through connect, you don't need to ask or answer questions because all the questions have been ask and answered by the connector. On your interview day, you only go there for the interviewer to explain your job role to you.

Connect is all you need.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by Joe4real701(m): 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2018
Nice info
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by Swegzfreak: 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2018
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by Rexnegro(m): 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
true ,thanks op
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by simplemach(m): 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ok, where should i go for the interview now?

3 Likes

Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ok
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by silenze: 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
be smart, be confident. thats all you need to get that good job
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by uwadiahercules: 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
Are you applying for other Job?
Be honest but do not spend a lot time in this area keep the focus on this job and what you can do for this organization. Anything else is a distraction. The ability to work independently within a structured team is essential to the position.
http://www.jobvacancynigeria.com.ng/job-interview-questions-and-answers-in-nigeria/
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by calddon(m): 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
entrepreneurship is the way, there are no Jobs

2 Likes

Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by NigelCundy: 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2018
Copy and paste from LinkedIn. Dear bloggers, be creative!

1 Like

Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by Glorylynn: 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2018
People still dey find job?
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by brixton: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2018
Bookmark
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by moscobabs(m): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2018
Na person wey dey call for interview dey prepare o.

To those unemployed youths, I pray that before this month end... U will have testimony

11 Likes

Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by Benjom(m): 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2018
Good effort...

Read more helpful tips here: https://.com/tips-boost-interview-performance

Thank me later
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by fasho01(m): 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
Nice points I must say though at the end of the day, all of it is formality as those for the job had previously been selected
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
naijatatafo:
Note: Never Go To A “Job Interview” Unprepared For This One Question (Read)

As a job seeker, One thing you must note is to be prepared for anything,I mean any questions that may come by the interviewer, So at the end of every interview you attend, you are bound to be asked if you have any questions for the interviewer. It might seem like an insignificant question but in reality it is very important that you take it seriously.

(Your answer to such a question should always be yes, but only when you know its right to say yes)

Therefore, As a job seeker you should always have questions ready for the interviewer, this will show that you were prepared and interested in the position.

What The Employer Wants To Know

It might not seem like it, but this question is not just a formality, the employer is looking to see if you are truly interested in the position and organisation.

You may have done well in the interview but if another candidate is seen to be more passionate about working for the company, then they might be chosen over you.

“You have to ask the interviewer a question as it shows your interest for the position as well the organization. When you do not ask a question, the interviewer may interpret that as lack of interest and hire somebody else instead.

Questions You Ask Will Also Matter

Just asking a question is not enough, the kind of questions you ask matter a lot as well. You should ensure you ask open ended questions that don’t just require a yes or no answer. That way, you can build other questions from what the interviewer says.

However, you should not ask too many questions because you don’t want to interfere with the interviewer’s schedule.

What Questions Should You Ask?

Questions about the role: Use this opportunity to find out a bit more about the job that was not indicated in the job advert or you haven’t discussed during your interview.

(1) Can you share more about the day-to-day responsibilities of this position?
(2) Is this a new position?

Questions about the company or the interviewer:

This is also a good opportunity for you to get a sense of the company culture in order to see if you will fit in.

(1) What’s the company‘s management style like?
(2) Can you talk about the company culture a bit?

Questions you Should Avoid Asking

1. Questions You Can Answer

Remember not to ask anything that you could easily find out through the company website. This will show the employer that you did not conduct any research on the company before your interview which could lead to your disqualification.

2. Money

During the first interview you should try as much as possible to avoid asking questions about the salary for the position. Yes you need to ensure the pay is what you want but the first interview is not when to raise this issue, unless you feel it is completely necessary.

In Conclusion,

Preparation is always very important when it comes to an interview, don’t just focus on the common interview questions you expect but also have some questions for the interviewer as well.

Use this opportunity to get clarification on anything you didn’t understand during the interview. It will serve to show that you were engaged during the interview and that you took the process seriously. If you would like more clarification on interview questions you can always seek interview coaching services.

ALSO READ MORE >>

https://jobsportal.com.ng/note-never-go-to-a-job-interview-unprepared-for-this-one-question-read/

[b]FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE
[/b]
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by osahonf: 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2018
Brand Ambassadors Needed Nationwide

Than become a MyCircle Brand Ambassador and earn rewards by helping grow brands.

Benefits:
-Part-time.
-Income earning.
-Help build Online and Social communities.
-Including other benefits.

Requirements:
-Minimum of a Secondary School Education.
-Basic IT skills.

Visit https://bincomict.has-jobs.com/brand-ambassador-for-mycircle-july-2018-lagos/213625/0 for more info.

*Terms and Conditions apply*.

Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by VALIZUGOD(m): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
sim[color=#550000][d/color]plemach:
Ok, where should i go for the interview now?
kikikikikii
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by PropertyDeals(f): 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
All Well And Good For The Nigerian Government As the Politicians Are Bent On Ruining Our Dear Nation And Completely Embarrasing The Citizens.
However, You May Need To Check My Signature In Blue Below To Be Sure You Don't Want To Miss Out On The 50% Discount Promo Currently Going On A CofO Land In The Lakowe Golf Area.
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by aysuprano(m): 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
I didn't prepare for anything when i went for my job interview
My dressing was the worst and i didn't even have a shave before going
i also was not too serious or scared i spoke from my mind with a mad confidence like i didn't need the job
We were about 50 people that came for the interview and just 2 people got the job
And i'm one
I prayed
Re: Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions by alimarashid: 6:33am On Jul 20, 2018
This is really helpful to those who are preparing for a job interview. Here are some key points to be noted before going to an interview:
1. Practice your interview technique
2. Stay focused
3. Plan your journey
4. Sleep well
5. Eat a healthy breakfast
6. Stay calm and confident
7. Dress appropriately
8. Don’t forget call letter
9. A friendly, professional greeting
10. First impressions count

You can read an article "How to prepare for an interview" from the official page of sunglasses offers in abu dhabi

(1) (Reply)

Halliburton / What No Employer Will Tell You. I Learned This The Hard Way / Successful Candidates For Faan Job Recruitment 2015 [full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.