Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Ortom Makes U-turn, Says ‘i'm Still Flying The APC Flagsamuel Ortom, G - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Makes U-turn, Says ‘i'm Still Flying The APC Flagsamuel Ortom, G (428 Views)

Wike, Ortom, G-5 Governors Celebrate Over Outcome Of PDP NEC Meeting / I'm Still Flying The Flag Of PDP - Gov. Umahi Says / Obaseki Holds Zoom Meeting With Buhari, Says "I'm The President's Son" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ortom Makes U-turn, Says ‘i'm Still Flying The APC Flagsamuel Ortom, G by happney65: 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2018
Samuel Ortom, Governor of Benue State, has backed down on his previous claims that he had left the All Progressives Congress (APC) and was open to joining another party.

On Monday, Ortom announced his defection from the APC, saying he had been red-carded out of the ruling party and was now standing outside the football pitch “as a free man”.

“As for party, I have been given red card and I’m outside the pitch. So, if I have been given red card and I’m standing outside, I’m a free man,” he had said.

“So I don’t know what will happen next but I’m waiting. If others approach me, then I will tell the Benue people that I’m joining another football club. I’m a child of destiny and it’s only God that will decide what I will be.”

However, after meeting with Adams Oshiomhole, National Chairman of the APC, on Thursday, Ortom sang a different tune.

“I am here in APC, a member of APC; I’m still flying the flag of APC and I only said I was given a red card,” he said this time.

“But the leadership of the party told me that the decision of the party leadership at the national level is superior to any individual’s, and I think this is good enough. We have spoken to him, he has spoken to me; stakeholders are going to be spoken to and that is where I belong.

“We have not concluded the matter, it is an ongoing process because I have always stood for peace and I always want peace to prevail. I appreciate the intervention and I hope that we would be able to resolve the matter of differences and this is the funny thing about politics.”

Ortom was one of the APC governors who met with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) camp on Wednesday ahead of a defection that is expected to happen next week.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/07/19/breaking-ortom-makes-u-turn-says-%E2%80%98im-still-flying-apc-flag%E2%80%99

Lalasticlala
Re: Ortom Makes U-turn, Says ‘i'm Still Flying The APC Flagsamuel Ortom, G by Mynd44: 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2018

(1) (Reply)

PDP To Hold Emergency 80th Nec/bot Meeting On Monday / Defection Saga: Fresh Plot To Arrest Saraki Using SARS Uncovered / Heartbreaking! Fallen Container Destroys Cars Along Tincan Port Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.