Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

I Will Never Switch My Style Of Music For An International Deal Like Wizkid Did - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Will Never Switch My Style Of Music For An International Deal Like Wizkid Did (1341 Views)

A Fan Wants To Slap Tiwa Savage's Ass Like Wizkid, She Reacts / Oladips Acquires Pet Goat Just Like Wizkid (see Photos) / Comedian Akpororo Masked Like Wizkid In New Photo. Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Switch My Style Of Music For An International Deal Like Wizkid Did by princeemmma(m): 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
Nigerian street hop star, Slimcase has said a few things about musical originality and global impact which are more like a square peck and a round hole when it comes to African artists and the international music market.

Before now, African music had been all about Africa while American music was for America, Africa, and other parts of the world. The trend changed with the emergence of the international Starboy, Wizkid on the foreign scene with lots of collaboration with foreign stars. However, he had to switch his style from the African sound to the American vibes.

This is a compromise Slimcase is very sure he won’t make, not even for the most mouthwatering international deal. He made reference to late Afrobeat legend, Fela Kuti who made waves on the international scene with his pure African sound. He said he’ll stick to his street hop sensation no matter what, even if it means ditching an international deal.

He voiced this out during an interview with Planetradio TV where he categorically stated that he’d reject offers that would have him restyle his music like Wizkid, even if the offer is from an International brand. Do you stand with him?

Re: I Will Never Switch My Style Of Music For An International Deal Like Wizkid Did by rhonard(m): 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
who is slim case

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Switch My Style Of Music For An International Deal Like Wizkid Did by DeBrain045(m): 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2018
Thats for slimcase as for me any styles wether american,african,asia,england,ghana,sweden,australian as far its good to the ear i dey sell
Re: I Will Never Switch My Style Of Music For An International Deal Like Wizkid Did by samuelchimmy(m): 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
Slimcase na AGBeroo Na, but y the hate Na, wizzzy Baba' has always sang like this Na
Re: I Will Never Switch My Style Of Music For An International Deal Like Wizkid Did by donnyflex01(m): 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
Wizkid still able to balance d two tho..
Checkout my own jam abeg https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/DFX-ft-TDURST-untold-stories.mp3
Re: I Will Never Switch My Style Of Music For An International Deal Like Wizkid Did by ayoBiz(m): 12:36am On Jul 21, 2018
I think WizKid is just exploring those sounds.

And it works for him.
Re: I Will Never Switch My Style Of Music For An International Deal Like Wizkid Did by ayaside(m): 3:11am On Jul 21, 2018
Slim case??..Easy man..Till y poo y get to where Wizkid is before you talk.

(1) (Reply)

Dbanj And His Wife Go On A Baecation With 2face And Annie Idibia In Dubai (vid) / How Many Did Things Like This In Secondary School? (photo) / Hottie! Tiwa Savage Continues To Flaunt Her Bod!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.