Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k (32358 Views)

UNN Increases School Fees By 100%, As #JusticeForUNNstudents Trends / Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students / Lautech Increases School Fees From N75,000 To N250,000. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by divinelove(m): 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
nairalanduseles:

stupid talk every country that education is expensive the govt gives u loans for education and u start paying off when u start working and earning upto a certain threshold.

300k can't even pay fees for primary school pupil in a good school n you are talking nonsense
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by thatigboman: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
kolafolabi:
It's just a proposal which the Governing Council and the State Governments have not approved. Students need to calm down because it's unrealistic and unreasonable
that's how it starts. 300k for public uni. How much will private cost?
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by Powerhousemm: 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
divinelove:
Quality education is not cheap.

300k is fair enough provided students enjoy improved facilities

Everyone must not go to school, those who can't afford it should learn handwork
divinelove:

Everyone must not go to school, those who can't afford it should learn handwork

Soro Niyen?

Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by mac04: 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
akinzgist:
LAUTECH TO increase school fee from 120k to 300k. This is to inform the general public that as from next semester , i.e 2018/19 session , all students from 100-400L from the faculty below will pay the assigned amount as tuition fee
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING – N250,000
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCE, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND PURE AND APPLIED SCIENCE – N200,000
MEDICAL, NURSING and BIOMEDICAL STUDENTS – N300,000.

I paid less than 50k from 100...500 level in the same sch years back.May God help us.
SEE student replies below ..

http://silicongist.com.ng/trending/lautech-to-increase-school-fee-from-120k-to-300000/
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
divinelove:

Everyone must not go to school, those who can't afford it should learn handwork.

modified
300k can't even pay the school fees in a standard primary school in Nigeria for a year and some people are quoting me to to talk nonsense

And you and your siblings with your parent are living in a room in Lagos.

Keyboard warrior

4 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by esanuaje1: 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
I pity my country Nigeria... I am very sure that those behind the inrcreament would have enjoyed free education... cool
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by samguru(m): 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
Wait for Fayemi on Ekiti state university school fees increment before you complain.
APC have penchant for inflicting pains on the people and will be claiming they are fighting corruption.
Me!300k school fees in this country where certificate can be purchased directly from school at a lower fees.
What am I even saying, aunty kemi,grandpa, dancing senator and co do not have certificates but they are swimming in billions.
Nigeria youths wake and leave this yeye universities for the children of constituted authority.
Go and learn handwork and stop complaining
Vote wisely

APC change!
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by AmeLonRo(m): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
esivue007:
i really thank God dat devil no push me to change my first choice varsity to dis yeye skul,imagine 300k!!!! For wetin?
Freshmen would pay more self. But that may just be the solution to their frequent strike actions...
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by tayo200(m): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
we go strike las las noni..... make dem just allow we conquistador comot jooh... 7 years already..
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by theoldpretender(m): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2018
maasoap:

We know people like you, people who are not in syc with their environment.
Windflower:

You must be sick in the head, people like you have never worked for money before so you don't know how it feels.
It is fair enough for a state university where most children that are there are being trained by the masses.
Lemme just stop here , there is no need to exchange words with you
Arondizuogu:

you are talking as if no be Nigeria be that. which facilities? rather use that 600k per year and go and look after my future..
no be nurse dem dey pay 50k.... what nonsense
nairalanduseles:

stupid talk every country that education is expensive the govt gives u loans for education and u start paying off when u start working and earning upto a certain threshold.
Stanleyville:

shocked
FishBrain

Good evening, all of you.

I know where you guys are coming from. I have known poor students who could not even pay fees, back when it was less than N5000. I even knew one guy, who when he got admission got N2000 from his dad. His fees were 5 times that at the time (circa 2003).

But, here are some facts.

1.According to the ASUU/FG agreement of 2009...we should be spending at least N1.5 trillion extra in funding for universites alone just to keep fees low.
2.According to experts, it costs N600000 to train one student every year (Some experts like Chief Afe Babalola put it at N1.2 million).
3.ASUU went on stirke in 2012 and 13 to get the govt to fufill the 2009 agreement. Govt then offered ASUU 1 trillion niaria over 5 years. (note that we should have been paying 1.5 trillion over one year) ASUU took the deal...and fee rises became inevitable.
4.Last year, the VC of ABU spoke for many universites when he said that ABU's overhead costs are N50million monthly (ABU occupies a large land mass by the way)He gets N10 million from government for overheads. Where is he going to get the N40million.
5.Some of you are saying that in richer countries, govt gives loans. Yes...but most of these loans are payable back (and you have to start paying them back imemdiately...for as long as 25 years in some instances. Some countries don't start collecting payments till you earn a certain level of income).
6.Denmark and Germany have free educaiton....and a tax rate that chops half the income of the average citizen. (If we tried that in Nigeria....even if the money was spent with accountability...)

Let's be honest with ourselves. I know that people are suffering, and that university educaiton is a way out of poverty (The guy I mentinoed earlier who got N2000 from popsy...now works at a well paying job, and is married with two young kids).BUT.....our universites are producng half baked graduates BECAUSE...they are starved of funds which could be used for facilites, and so on.

Meanwhile, the private universites are catching up, and will soon surpass us. The rich and a large number of poor people are sending their kids out of the country.And guess what...these grads will come back and beat the poor kids who went to poorly funded public unis out of the jobs.

Vocational educaiton is a good subistute. Infact, we need a lot of technicians in this country. If you cannot enter university, try vocational educaiton,and in my opinion, govt should make universities public private....and fund techincal schools heavily.

If we insist on fees less than N100000 in our unviersites, in the name of helping the poor...that means we end up taking more loans from IMF, or we continue producing poor quality graduates. And in the end, the poor will suffer even more.

We have no choice.

You are free to insult me. I don't care. But I don't think we can keep on pretending Nigeria is this rich country with lots of money. We are 200million people who rely on oil...which we produce at the same amount as the UAE...who have just 11million people.

4 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by FarahAideed: 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
divinelove:

Everyone must not go to school, those who can't afford it should learn handwork.

modified
300k can't even pay the school fees in a standard primary school in Nigeria for a year and some people are quoting me to to talk nonsense

You are not serious
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by Azam101: 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
divinelove:

modified
Education shouldn't be expensive. for you to have said not all should go to school, I think you should be the first candidate.
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by gabpaul: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
Education in Nigeria is a SCAM someone would waste so much money and time to go to school and at the end of the day you will look for job tire except you have connection.. angry
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by Femmedy: 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
So you were been sent to school to learn how to insult people's father, isn't that a waste? Even the good facilities in your school couldn't help you out. Smh
divinelove:

stop crying already, I am not the cause of your abject poverty

if you can't afford the fees go and learn handwork so u can afford it for your children

we can't have poor facilities in school just to accommodate pauper like you n your Father

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by bionixs: 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2018
divinelove:

modified
may God have mercy on you. Selfish little lad
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by theoldpretender(m): 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
FarahAideed:

You are not serious
Azam101:
Education shouldn't be expensive. for you to have said not all should go to school, I think you should be the first candidate.

You guys ,do you think we should spend N2 trillion every year on just university educaiton?

How do we get money to upgrade facilites in our government owned universites.?

Read the ASUU/FG 2009 agreement, then go and read about what the last admin told ASUU in 2013...which was the truth.

We cannot keep on poorly funding our universites, and then pretending that we have the money that can save them at hand.

And if govt takes loan, you guys will complain.
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by Azam101: 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
teeshawt:

Hey bro, you don't need to flex Ur strength... All because you can afford it..... I'm not here to abuse you or attack you in any way... All I want you to reminisce on is that: what if you're in a position that you or your parent can't afford the bills, would you have comment like Dat.... I am happy when people can do things easily wt money you just don't need to oppress those who can't..... Bless up.....
Matured reply!
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by CHUCKZYRENE: 9:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
wow that's too expensive.
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by theoldpretender(m): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
gabpaul:
Education in Nigeria is a SCAM someone would waste so much money and time to go to school and at the end of the day you will look for job tire except you have connection.. angry

There are no jobs in Nigeria because we beleive in exporting stuff, and then using the revenue to import stuff we can comfortably make.

If we could develop an economy where we used our raw materials to make things the world needs...then we won't have a job problem.

No jobs from manufacturing means people competing for the limited jobs that are available...which means nepotism
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by openmine(m): 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
haba...For this stressful and cash strapped period?

This is unreasonable and unfair nah....where do they expect students that are managing to pay the 120k to source for such funds?
Where is the minister of education?
Where are the civil rights organisations?

For those students buoyant enough to pay,even if you have such monies to pay as a student,please also be considerate towards the obvious plight of other students!
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by blackgold2018(m): 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
divinelove:

if you can't afford the fees go and learn handwork so u can afford it for your children

we can't have poor facilities in school just to accommodate pauper like you n your Father
You know nothing, I pity you. A rich person can never insult someone like this. Probably a middle class fool claiming shit. No matter how rich you'll b in this life.. you'll always have a poor man mentality.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by theoldpretender(m): 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
bionixs:
may God have mercy on you. Selfish little lad

Right, let's keep the fees below N100000.

Which means, no new money for facilities, no new money for improvements, no money for overheads.

Which means LASPOTECH continues to produce poor quality graduates, who would mostly be from poor houses, who cannot compete in the ob market with the graduates from the private universites...

which means more jobless people and more suffering.....

OR

Government keeps on taking loans from the IMF to keep educaiton subsidised.....which means....the poor bear the burden of paying back the loans.

May God have mercy on your soul.
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by theoldpretender(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
blackgold2018:
You know nothing, I pity you. A rich person can never insult someone like this. Probably a middle class fool claiming shit. No matter how rich you'll b in this life.. you'll always have a poor man mentality.

So, let's keep on having poor facilites in our universites for ever....and keep on priducing poor quality graduates...because the poor have to be educated cheaply....you know.

Or let's take another loan....
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
Forward never,backward ever..
This is Nigeria
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by SenRolexy1: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
This is just a proposal by the school governing council which I believe they will need to meet the school management before it can be approve or not. Just let be calm and wait see their next action. Proudly LADOKITES!
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
Why are the students shocked about the increment in school fees? Ajimobi told you guys they don't have money to finance the school during that strike. He told the school authority to find a way to improve their IGR. The increment in school fees shouldn't be as a shocker, they should take it in good fate.
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by blackgold2018(m): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
theoldpretender:

So, let's keep on having poor facilites in our universites for ever....and keep on priducing poor quality graduates...because the poor have to be educated cheaply....you know.

Or let's take another loan....
I agree the universities are poorly funded but this is Nigeria. Even with the increment corruption wouldn't still allow things to get done within the school management.

You may be surprised that some of them federal universities are well funded. Is it not same Nigerian universities that top lecturers kill themselves over money/promotion.
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by deebrain(m): 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
divinelove:

modified

Your username and your posts here does not agree.

This is very insensitive sir.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by ChristianNorth: 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
divinelove:

modified
Do you know a man that earns a minimum wage can't train any of his kids in that school?

Do you know it will take 5 years and 6 months salary of a man who earns our minimum wage to pay just the school fees of a child and 11 years salary to do the same for his 2 children.

The fact your kernels were cracked by benevolent spirits is not enough reason to look down on others.
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by theoldpretender(m): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
blackgold2018:
I agree the universities are poorly funded but this is Nigeria. Even with the increment corruption wouldn't still allow things to get done within the school management.

You may be surprised that some of them federal universities are well funded. Is it not same Nigerian universities that top lecturers kill themselves over money/promotion.

The amount of money we spend on education in Nigeria is less than N800million. Meanwhile the ASUU/FG agreement stated that we needed at least N1.5 trillion in one year (as at 2009) for the university sector.

And yes, corruption is a serious problem...but removing it would only make things slightly better, and won't adress many of the issues.

I mentioned ABU's VC complaining about his overhead costs. ABU is one of the top 5 federal universites. It is located over a large land mass. And the overhead costs are N50million a month. Govt gives N10million , where is the guy going to get the remaing N40million....

And if some of our federal unviersites are well funded...why is ASUU always going on strike (and it isn;t for their salaries only).

Plus, LASPOTECH is a state owned university.
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by ChristianNorth: 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
divinelove:

You don't have to bring his father into this. It is not fair.
Re: LAUTECH Increases School Fees To N300,000 From N120k by CodeTemplar: 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
greenmonk:

So because your parents can afford it olodo like you should go to school while brilliant brains should waste because of high school fees that are not related to the government wages regime.

In other nations there is are scholarship schemes to help the brilliant minds get educated and the is are loans to help willing aspirants get educated unlike Nigeria where people enjoy subsidized education to the tune of millions and still don't want to work after graduation.

In Nigeria some govt schools expend as high as N500,000 per student per year in some science departments and these guys are absolute free to go into yahoo and prostitution after graduation. Isnt that a daft move?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Western Delta University Lecturer Rocks Students Wig In Class / FUTA Expels Six Students Who Attacked A Female Student / Monifa Phillip, Black Woman Graduate From University Of Glasgow, PhD In Physics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.