Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,613 members, 7,823,666 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Examination Malpractice In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Examination Malpractice In Nigeria (11213 Views)

Names Of JAMB Candidates Involved In Exam Malpractice In 2020 UTME / Identical Twin Brothers Arrested For Alleged Exam Malpractice In Borno / Plateau And Oyo States Lead In Exam Malpractice In NECO Nov/Dec SSCE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria by K08(m): 10:56am On Jul 21, 2018
lobell:

Your madness will come so swiftly. Try this nonsense on say about 4000 100level students taking Chemistry 101 or 300 400level students taking a 2credit unit course that requires 2 hours contact time every week. Then multiply your madness by the number of courses you are teaching.

And it is..."if I was a lecturer", not "were" like you so boldly put it. [/b][b][b][/b]Goes to show why you are not one.

I wonder the loafers who gave you likes.

My friend, you're the one not right here. He is absolutely correct.
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria by Hasheem1hash(m): 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
Radiant1020:

No be small thing
The quality of education seem to be degrading in every part of the country.
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria by Ayo199(m): 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2018
even here in akwa Ibom,they see malpractice as a norms..No wonder the students have zero attitude towards learning..
Infact in the school wer am serving a corper der has threatened to Sue the school if they involve in any form of malpractice,The proprietor had to move the center out of the school..
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria by Abee79(m): 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
Some of My experiences with examination malpractice:
1. I remember in 2008 a woman brought her biological daughter to my office, begging me to help the girl pass my course, and in return, the girl will "help me" with "anything" I wanted. I was too stunned! I still am! I turned down the offer - I did not trust myself to stop after I started going down that immoral lane.

2. While invigilating an examination, I was strict with the students as usual. A few minutes to the end of the exam, one student indicated he needed to speak to me. I went to him. He whispered to me to allow him cheat a little. I his words: "Mr. Abee, remember say even you too you did this thing when you were a student . . . " I quickly erased the conversation from my mind, and walked away. Dwelling on it a minute longer would have earned him a dirty slap.

3. I once caught a girl with extraneous materials in the examination hall. As I 'arrested' her and forced her to fill the Examination Misconduct Form, she started rubbing her body on mine - before I knew it, my Five Star General came alive and stood at attention. Jesus came to my rescue and cast out the demons before they could wreck havoc. thank God! grin grin grin

4. God delivered me several times from being lynched by students who perceived me as being too stringent. Ironically, I NEVER set any exam on a question I have not discussed in class, usually during exam revisions. The only thing I did not openly say was "These are your exam questions". Most of them are lazy and will still fail!

5. I still remember how horrified my students looked when I told them that my personal philosophy is that "It is better to fail honorably, than cheat to pass"

6. I have encountered many students with fantastic WAEC and NECO results who could barely piece together one correct sentence in English - whether written or spoken!

7. Once, I was marking examination scripts of one of my courses. i discovered that out of 43 of the candidates, 31 wrote the same thing - word for word; mistake for mistake! Wrote a petition to the Academic Board, seeking cancellation of the paper and querying the four (4) invigilators. My petition was thrown out as lacking in merit. Needless to say, both the students and my colleagues hated me for 'blowing the whistle.

8. There are a couple of girls in the school. Once their names appeared on the Examination Misconduct list for that Semester, just know that NOTHING will be done to all the culprits - those were the girlfriends of the VC and the Registrar!

9. As I rounded off the exam of one of my papers, i got a call from my Head of Department. "Mr. Abee, where are you?", "I am in my office, Sir". "Please, meet me in the office of the Registrar now". On getting there, I met almost all the Principal Officers of the School seated. The Registrar handed me a piece of paper containing the names of thirteen (13) girls that MUST not fail my course. I was taken aback. I collected the list, and trashed it in his secretary's dust bin on my way out. Well, let's just say, that started a war that eventually forced me out of the Academics lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The ROT is real!
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria by 2kurupt(m): 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2018
dingbang:
To me I don't think exams are necessary...

If I were a lecturer, I'd take tests for each lecture given on the next lecture day. Let's say I lecture today, the test for that lecture will hold the next Saturday, and after the test, lecture continues. Then after the semester, I combine all the scores and score the student with respect to his or her aggregate score.

Good idea but impracticable in a typical public university where you have thousands of students & you're assigned various courses.
This idea will be more suitable in a small sized class with more direct interaction between the lecturer and a few students.
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria by dingbang(m): 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
2kurupt:

Good idea but impracticable in a typical public university where you have thousands of students & you're assigned various courses.
This idea will be more suitable in a small sized class with more direct interaction between the lecturer and a few students.
ok
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria by Samstyle(m): 7:25am On Oct 11, 2018
I love this article so much. You can read more about examination malpractice in Nigeria using the link below:
https://learnersnews.com/examination-malpractice-in-nigeria/
Re: Examination Malpractice In Nigeria by Bscholarly: 3:49am On Mar 10, 2020
If you are searching for a detailed information about examination malpractice in Nigeria, kindly follow the link below. Trust me; you won't regret it!

https://bscholarly.com/examination-malpractice-causes-effects-solutions-to-examination-malpractice-in-nigeria/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help. Kwara Liaison Office In Lagos / UNN Cancels Post Utme Exams! / What Is The Average Salary Of A Physiotherapist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.