Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

I Chose The Wrong Character For The Joke - Ebiye On "Distasteful" Aramide Joke - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Chose The Wrong Character For The Joke - Ebiye On "Distasteful" Aramide Joke (330 Views)

Debt: Comedian Ebiye Reacts After Being Called Out For Buying A Benz On Credit. / Comedian Ebiye Mocks Regina Daniels' Ex Boyfriend (photos, Video) / Ebiye Blasts Aramide: You Probably Had Sex For The Headies Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Chose The Wrong Character For The Joke - Ebiye On "Distasteful" Aramide Joke by Faithway10: 7:14am On Jul 21, 2018
Stand-up comedian, Victor Ebiye, made headlines recently when he cracked a joke that young musician, Aramide, must have slept with organisers of the Headies’ awards to win a category.

Immediately he shared the joke on social media, he was heavily slammed and ridiculed for making such a distasteful expression.

It didn’t also take him too long to tender an apology.

Speaking with Saturday Beats, Ebiye said he didn’t expect people to slam him the way they did because he wasn’t serious about what he said.

He said,

I apologised because Aramide could not have done such a thing and the joke didn’t have an end.

“I don’t want to mention names, but if I had used another character, people might not have reacted the way they did. I guess I chose the wrong character for the joke.

“Aramide has been busy. Though I have not been able to see her physically, I have sent in my apologies to her. We talked about everything, so we are cool now.

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/07/i-chose-the-wrong-character-for-the-joke-ebiye-on-distasteful-aramide-joke.html

Cc; Lalasticlala

Re: I Chose The Wrong Character For The Joke - Ebiye On "Distasteful" Aramide Joke by Olalan(m): 7:19am On Jul 21, 2018
Medicine after death..... maybe he was high on oshogbo weed then
Re: I Chose The Wrong Character For The Joke - Ebiye On "Distasteful" Aramide Joke by Destroe: 7:23am On Jul 21, 2018
how on earth was Aramide the best alternative music artiste in Nigeria last year? undecided
Something definitely happened for them to give her that award and Mr. Ebiye is not far from the truth

(1) (Reply)

2baba Suing Me For N50m, Says Blackface / Burn Those Fats Now / Peter Battles Paul Performs Solo In A Hidden Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.