Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,827,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

How A 19 Year Old Fashion Designer Inspired Me To Throw Myself At You - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How A 19 Year Old Fashion Designer Inspired Me To Throw Myself At You (303 Views)

'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) / Those Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones / How A 19 Year Old Fashion Designer Inspired Me To Throw Myself At You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A 19 Year Old Fashion Designer Inspired Me To Throw Myself At You by Simmie96: 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
I didn’t read a motivational book, neither did a watch a movie. I saw a blog post.

It was of how a 19-year-old fashion designer decided he was going to design clothes, pursued his dreams passionately and became the youngest ever to show his work at the New York Fashion Week. Imagine that!

I’ll tell you the little I know. Roughly two years before the fated day, he woke up and thought: “Yes, today I will start to design clothes to generate impactful statements through my work. My name, is Taofeek.” And he got up and did it (Not literally).

His first collection was launched on Twitter (GASP!). Imagine his surprise when a Japanese luxury retail store contacted him about buying his clothes. Wait, what?

He thought his friends were pranking him. Two years later, he launched a collection at the prestigious New York Fashion Week.

By the way, he was in high school (Secondary school) when he launched his first collection. His dad was a fashion designer in Nigeria.

I’m not trying to inspire or awe you but if I have, well… I’m just saying that I was inspired. I also want to tell you something.

I will start posting my work on my blog, everywhere really and I invite you to do the same. What looks like trash to you may be gold to someone else. How will they ever find you if you don’t let them see you? This is my new philosophy in life.

I am going to be shameless and I will throw myself at you. I am going to begin posting my stories on here.

Most of the stuff I write is horror, mostly scary stuff that aren’t really scary. I am also a lazy writer so you’ll probably only have to read them like twice a year.

All that doesn’t matter though because I will be shamelessly flinging myself at you. I’ve warned you, go get ready.

For more: www.thebooksfield.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

The Blind Alley - Semi Final Episode / Nigerian Wins The Prestigious “hugo Award” / How I Developed Love For Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.