Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale (49522 Views)

Ibom Air Receives Their First Brand New Airbus Aircraft / Massive Jubilation As First Flight Lands In Ebonyi International Airport (Pix) / Inside Putin's N180b Presidential Plane That Includes Gold-plated Toilet & A Gym (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Vondoola: 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
Is that not a Dolphin in the sky?
Automotive1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfOFq3fCVdw

One of the biggest planes in the world ,the Airbus’s Beluga XL(Extra Large) aircraft nicknamed the “whale in the sky” took off for the first time on Thursday from Toulouse Airport in France.

The oversized transporter, derived from the A330 jetliner, will be used for carrying complete sections of Airbus aircraft from different production sites around Europe to the final assembly lines in Toulouse, France and Hamburg, Germany.

Beluga Whale

The 125 tonnes extra large Airbus Beluga XL aircraft carrier is powered by two Rolls-Royce Trent 700 Turbofan engines.

The 53 tonnes (117,000 lb) payload aircraft will be able to carry both wings of the A350 XWB jetliner at once, instead of the single wing the smaller BelugaST can carry . That's an extra 30 per cent capacity over the current Beluga planes (pics below) that it will replace.

Airbus’s Twitter account tweeted: “Whale, whale, whale … that’s a lovely day for a maiden flight don’t you think".

Other oversized cargo planes around the world includes the Antonov An-225 Mriya ( with world record single-item payload of 418,830 pounds and record for total airlifted payload of 559,580 pounds ) ,Lockheed C-5 Galaxy (the largest aircraft operated by the U.S. military with 240,000 pounds payload) and The Boeing  747-8 Dreamlifter (max. payload capacity is 250,000 pounds.

The first BelugaXL aircraft will enter service in 2019 operating with the existing five smaller A300-600ST Beluga fleets (pics above), before they are retired in 2025 by 5 new BelugaXLs .

https://autojosh.com/watch-the-maiden-flight-of-new-airbus-belugaxl-cargo-plane-that-looks-like-a-whale/

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by BluntBoy(m): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ugly.
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Ilerioluwa02: 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
This plane will swallow money if it comes to Nigeria grin

3 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
whale abi dolphin

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by jacoik(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
ruffhandu:

As if you don't know I said the simple truth.
I concur with u my brother. That's why I lol
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
Autojosh, it looks like a dolphin, not whale. grin

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by DavSagacity(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
ruffhandu:
Great stride. After 10 years, Naija will buy the fairly used one and the political party of the day will congratulate the president for a 'great achievement'.
As usual. Na so
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Bhenehdikt(m): 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
iluvpomo:
Nice .. but its sibling, the A380, still has the more powerful engine.
Lolz. did you just say "sibling"?
A380 is for passenger,this one is for freight. Let's call them neighbours
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Bhenehdikt(m): 5:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
in terms of aesthetic,I'd prefer Boeing to Airbus anytime. But in terms of design and performance,Airbus is the real deal.
In fact,I think Boeing is in the back foot for now. Still waiting for them to shock the world like Airbus did by coming up with the massive A380.

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Alwaysking: 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
Baddest ever

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
But Nigeria is still contemplating between Buhari and Jonathan who is better.. Lmao!! una never start una suffer.
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by 3kay945(m): 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
See what normal humans are achieving.
We here still pushing an old man for a post his reasoning faculty cannot withstand.

Bravo to you guys, am sure your god would surely be proud of you.

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by iluvpomo(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
Bhenehdikt:

Lolz. did you just say "sibling"?
A380 is for passenger,this one is for freight. Let's call them neighbours
The both carry payloads. Many passenger planes are infact repurposed as Cargo planes. I was comparing their engines and A380 has more powerful engines. Yes, they are siblings IMHO since they are both made by Airbus.

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by DrHighchief(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
This guys have gone far. Inventions all the way..Nigeria will get there one day though talents abound in the country, with the necessary support, we will do more than this people.
God bless Nigeria...
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by iluvpomo(m): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
DrHighchief:
This guys have gone far. Inventions all the way..Nigeria will get there one day though talents abound in the country, with the necessary support, we will do more than this people.
God bless Nigeria...
Hope is a good thing .... especially when that is all you have cheesy

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Ayo43: 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
Wow this is BIG

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Bhenehdikt(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
iluvpomo:

The both carry payloads. Many passenger planes are infact repurposed as Cargo planes. I was comparing their engines and A380 has more powerful engines. Yes, they are siblings IMHO since they are both made by Airbus.

Yea,you're right. Their engines are powerful
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by ariesbull: 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
Technology keeps changing the narrative..the description of landlocked Nations are changing ..the more reason Rwanda , Ethiopia, Luxembourg, Switzerland and many other countries with land borders are developing ...courtesy of planes like this

Business can be done seamlessly...who needs ship that takes forever to deliver

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Nickizoe(f): 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
I was watching a Documentary between Airbus and Boeing...I actually learnt alot...never knew Airbus and Boeing are two prominent manufacturers of aircraft's...Boeing is USA as Airbus is France... Craps and junks is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Ishilove: 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
Schuffeadv23:
Only two females are viewing this topic. It's not a gossiping issue so it's understanable
Ha ha, veeeery funny

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by mikaael(m): 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
ruffhandu:
Great stride. After 10 100 years, Naija will buy the fairly used one and the political party of the day will congratulate the president for a 'great achievement'.
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Respect55(m): 6:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
Can it carry all the herdsmen's cows back to the north?
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by franklypaen: 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
abes:
I see Vincent Kompany...
you are very evil
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by mexzony: 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nickizoe:
I was watching a Documentary between Airbus and Boeing...I actually learnt alot...never knew Airbus and Boeing are two prominent manufacturers of aircraft's...Boeing is USA as Airbus is France... Craps and junks is Nigeria
Airbus is actually 4 countries. France uk Germany Spain.
The engines are manufactured in the UK in a place called derby I think. The other parts are manufactured in Spain Germany and brought to the final assembly in france.
I studied the making of Airbus a380.
Fantastic plane.

3 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by BonPatrick(m): 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
Lier that plane is belouga and it has been in existence for long it was built by Airbus for fast transportation of plane parts. Stop giving fake information
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by obafemee80(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
BonPatrick:
Lier that plane is belouga and it has been in existence for long it was built by Airbus for fast transportation of plane parts. Stop giving fake information
Yes, that one is Beluga ST (Super Transporter)
This one is the bigger Beluga -Beluga XL (Extra Large) grin

2 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Pecca: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
Dolphin you mean?

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by InvertedHammer: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
/
All the i-too-know village people yabbing Innoson, shey una see say na humans dey build all these technological wonders and not spirit as your grandparents told you folk tales.

/

1 Like

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by chaloskyx: 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
its dolphin not a whale
Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by Tonytonex(m): 8:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
WOW!

2 Likes

Re: The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale by mechanics(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice one, kudos to the engineers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here / Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) / PHOTOS: Lady Boards Flight To Ibadan, Arik Plane Lands In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.