Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP (404 Views)

Mohammed Bello-Koko: I Was Appointed NPA's Acting MD On Merit / Why FG Has Not Built A Federal Secretariat In Abia — Rep Onuigbo Reveals / My Cabinet Will Be Based On Merit And National Spread- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP by LIFEisSIMPLE: 11:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
In Nigeria, There are thousands of people occupying positions not based on merit.
Majority of this people are not qualified for the office they occupy. I call them "incompetent persons in important positions (IPIP)". For any nation that seeks growth and development, IPIP is not a blessing it is a curse.
When the incompetent sits at the top, it trickles down to the bottom.
The difference between Nigeria and the western world as well as the arabs is the fact that we fail to understand that when the best minds occupy the rightful positions, this is a recipe for progress. We have Nigerians who are Vice Chancellor's in UK and US universities, but the role of VC in present day Nigeria is based on tribe and politics. In Nigeria religion, tribe and politics is brought into everything including education, and this put IPIP into power. Some states would employ incompetent teachers to teach in primary schools because they are indigenes of the state or for their religious background, not knowing that what this does is destroy the future of their children.
Nigeria has failed to develop and move forward and this is a major reason.
Nigeria is not working, and this is obvious. If our mindset as a country is not changed, the Nigeria we would all never see the great Nigeria we dream. The Igbo's are aware that the current setup is a setup of continuous failure, and this is why they grunt their displeasure at every opportunity.
We cannot continue with having INCOMPETENT PERSON IN IMPORTANT POSITIONS (IPIP) and expect to grow as a nation.

Please mention any IPIP you know in the comment section cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP by LIFEisSIMPLE: 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2018
Shocking truth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP by Dbboy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
Finance minister Adeosun is an IPIP

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP by Dbboy(m): 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
Agricultural Minister Audu is an IPIP

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP by Dbboy(m): 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2018
Fashola minister of Power is an IPIP

1 Like

Re: Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP by CodeTemplar: 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
They are many in the system. Even in private organisation that should be result oriented.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP by LIFEisSIMPLE: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2018
Kogi state governor is IPIP

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP by kotv: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2018
So much truth in this.

Buhari is an IPIP

1 Like

Re: Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP by Xander85: 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
I think you'll find it's quicker to list those who aren't IPIPs in this present gov'ts appointments (it's not just the ministerial appointments) than those who are! sad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria That Is Not Built On Merit - IPIP by LIFEisSIMPLE: 6:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
Lol cheesy cant help but agree with you. That would be the easier approach
Xander85:
I think you'll find it's quicker to list those who aren't IPIPs in this present gov'ts appointments (it's not just the ministerial appointments) than those who are! sad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We’re Merging With 15 Parties, Says Agbakoba-led NIM / Buhari Didn’t Want Alliance With Tinubu.. I Brought Them Together / Barber Who Was Born Without Hands Is Proving That Nothing Is Impossible (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.