Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics - Sports (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics (103335 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / Nigeria's D’Tigress Finish 8th At FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup / D’tigress Beats Argentina And Qualifies For Quarter Final, Makes History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by dankorode(m): 10:21pm On Sep 24, 2021
arsenal96:
. Amy Okonkwo came with full force today, she had great 3 quarters. She tired out in the fought. Ibekwe, Elonu, and Amukamara did so well. Amukamara has good dribbling skill sha.
that Amy look like a bully
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by dankorode(m): 10:22pm On Sep 24, 2021
PDPGuy:
Both Nigeria and Mali have now qualified for the 2022 FIBA women’s World Cup qualifying tournament
phew!!
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2021
Remarkably, D’Tigress have won ALL games in this edition by double digits!

Will they beat Mali by double digits on Sunday and thereby repeat their feat of winning all games at the 2019 edition by double digits?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by justicechichex: 10:30pm On Sep 24, 2021
Queenslander:
Wow, I was wrong about Ify Ibekwe and Adaora Elonu these ladies are on fire,.
Big ups to Amy Okonkwo..
Outstanding performance by the girls today..
Notable mentions
Victoria Macaulay
Promise Amukamara and of course
Sarah Ogoke who plays in our very own local league ✅

It goes to show that everyone in the team can turn up on a good day. Ezinne Kalu didn't come up with the points or rebounds but you can see work she put up today to help her teammates achieve this victory. Big ups to everyone

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Queenslander(f): 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2021
dankorode:
who be dis one!!
calm down, lemme wipe those tears for you!! grin grin

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by justicechichex: 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2021
PDPGuy:
Remarkably, D’Tigress have won ALL games in this edition by double digits!

Will they beat Mali by double digits on Sunday and thereby repeat their feat of winning all games at the 2019 edition by double digits?

I definitely see them doing that though the malians have improved very well in their overall play. But Senegal remains Nigeria's biggest opposition in the African scene

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by dankorode(m): 10:36pm On Sep 24, 2021
Queenslander:
you no serious
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2021
With Okonkwo on the court, things fell apart for Senegal grin
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Pidginwhisper: 11:01pm On Sep 24, 2021
Shoutout to Amukamara..She was amazing. She disorganized the Senegalese with her skillset by taking the game to them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Queenslander(f): 11:08pm On Sep 24, 2021
PDPGuy:
With Okonkwo on the court, things fell apart for Senegal grin
you were listening to the commentators?? cheesy
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by arsenal96: 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2021
[quote author=dankorode post=106141581]that Amy look like a bully.She used her physique very well, and those 3 points throws. My MVP.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by arsenal96: 11:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
PDPGuy:
Both Nigeria and Mali have now qualified for the 2022 FIBA women’s World Cup qualifying tournament
. They are one leg in, they still have to go through qualifying phase before they qualify. I trust them to qualify, though.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2021
Queenslander:
you were listening to the commentators?? cheesy
Yes o grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 11:43pm On Sep 24, 2021
arsenal96:
. They are one leg in, they still have to go through qualifying phase before they qualify. I trust them to qualify, though.
That’s what I said exactly

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 6:24am On Sep 25, 2021
Remarkably, D’Tigress have won their last TEN Afrobasket games by double digits, starting from the 65-48 win over Senegal in the 2017 final shocked

This may be hyperbole, but the 2017-present set of D’Tigress are candidates for greatest ever African women’s national basketball team!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 9:03am On Sep 25, 2021
No disrespect to Mali, but they are gone grin ... These girls are just too good..

I knew they would beat Senegal,but didn't expect it to be so easy...

Senegal tried a resurgence early into the last quarter,but the girls game out blazing!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 9:41am On Sep 25, 2021
Danielnino00:
No disrespect to Mali, but they are gone grin ... These girls are just too good..

I knew they would beat Senegal,but didn't expect it to be so easy...

Senegal tried a resurgence early into the last quarter,but the girls game out blazing!!!
...yeap, unfortunately for most African teams, Nigeria has so many players abroad that was not really thinking of playing for the motherland before, however, with this consistency that the D'tigress have shown over the last 6 years, they will begin to show their interest, and it will only be a big problem for teams in Africa. Especially, with what the U.S.A did to Nneka Ogwumike.......It should really get better from here, however, Administration from the NBBF side is also key.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 10:25am On Sep 25, 2021
carbonado:
...yeap, unfortunately for most African teams, Nigeria has so many players abroad that was not really thinking of playing for the motherland before, however, with this consistency that the D'tigress have shown over the last 6 years, they will begin to show their interest, and it will only be a big problem for teams in Africa. Especially, with what the U.S.A did to Nneka Ogwumike.......It should really get better from here, however, Administration from the NBBF side is also key.
I really like how coach Otis has been gradually integrating new players into the team while retaining most of the older players...it keeps the team chemistry strong.. I hope we would be able to get the Ogwumike sisters for the world cup... And maybe one more player from the WNBA... More importantly,the team needs good shooters!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 11:05am On Sep 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

I really like how coach Otis has been gradually integrating new players into the team while retaining most of the older players...it keeps the team chemistry strong.. I hope we would be able to get the Ogwumike sisters for the world cup... And maybe one more player from the WNBA... More importantly,the team needs good shooters!
......to be honest, i will prefer young wnba players that we can grow with.....players around 22-25 yrs old that we can get good active 10 yrs from....Nneka is 31 already....yes medal table is what we want, but i want the growth to be organic.....Besides, is she really serious about playing for us, or she was just heart broken by what the U.S.A did to her, if she gets the call from the U.S.A for the next world cup, will she give us a looking....i do not think so....We would be fine......Maybe not a medal at the world stage immediately, however, with this progression, you do see real talent commiting to Nigeria straight up and not what happened with the Ogwumike sisters.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 11:07am On Sep 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

...This basically what we are lacking at the moment, however, it is worthy of note that the shooting of our team has improved since the olympics, especially from players like Ibekwe,Macaulay. It is a long walk, we would be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2021
carbonado:
......to be honest, i will prefer young wnba players that we can grow with.....players around 22-25 yrs old that we can get good active 10 yrs from....Nneka is 31 already....yes medal table is what we want, but i want the growth to be organic.....Besides, is she really serious about playing for us, or she was just heart broken by what the U.S.A did to her, if she gets the call from the U.S.A for the next world cup, will she give us a looking....i do not think so....We would be fine......Maybe not a medal at the world stage immediately, however, with this progression, you do see real talent commiting to Nigeria straight up and not what happened with the Ogwumike sisters.

Aside Arike,how many young players in the WNBA can we boost of?

Unlike the NBA, Nigeria doesn't have the luxury of many players from the WNBA... I wonder where the problem is from...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 11:35am On Sep 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

Unlike the NBA, Nigeria doesn't have the luxury of many players from the WNBA... I wonder where the problem is from...
....to be honest, they are not much, Micheala Onyenwere is one that if she can switch will be good for us, the funny thing is she has the nigerian flag on her page, though, it seems she has already played for the U.S at the 3*3 games, i do not know what the rules her for someone like her....but she will be a good addition if it is possible.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 11:39am On Sep 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

..It is because the female game is just growing The NBA started in the 1946, while WNBA started in 1996..50 years apart.....It will get better.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by do4luv14(m): 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2021
Queenslander:

ahhh sister you wicked ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by do4luv14(m): 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
PDPGuy:
That’s what I said exactly
why only two from Africs
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2021
do4luv14:

why only two from Africs
Probably due to the generally poor performance of African teams at past world cups
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Queenslander(f): 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2021
Heyy,
Does anyone know the time for the finals tomorrow??
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by hismail1(m): 6:49am On Sep 26, 2021
Queenslander:
Heyy,
Does anyone know the time for the finals tomorrow??
6 P.M Nigerian time.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Queenslander(f): 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
hismail1:
6 P.M Nigerian time.
thankss ❤️
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
Has d match started
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by justicechichex: 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
Where to stream the game pls guys?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by justicechichex: 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:
Has d match started

Yes it has, D'tigress leading in the first quarter by 11 points. 22-11

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (99) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics. Photos / Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.