Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Is The World Really About To Come To An End? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The World Really About To Come To An End? (25452 Views)

The World's Pain Is Coming To An End Soon / Does The Spiritual World Really Exist? Is It Real? / Is The World Really Getting Worse? - A Response Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Sharpshooota: 9:52am On Jul 22, 2018
Abfinest007:
if d men will inherit 17 virgins in paradise what will be the reward of the women

Teachings like this is a serious problem in any society

1 Like

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Butterflyleo: 9:52am On Jul 22, 2018
Pataricatering:
you really can’t blame atheists for seeing the stupidity in religion and not being able to accept it
!

1st Corinthians 1:18

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God

No clearer words have ever been spoken

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Dacronym(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2018
Abfinest007:
if d men will inherit 17 virgins in paradise what will be the reward of the women
Hmmn
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by ednut1(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2018
Ur world comes to an end when u die abeg

2 Likes

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by sacajawea: 10:05am On Jul 22, 2018
You are just a concerned person
You think the Politicians don't know these

Man has done well in Certain Areas Science&tech especially in Medicine impressive but Is the world getting better big
No pls, with all our knowledge and improvement in education thinking and Psychology et Al people are becoming more and more Selfish the Technology itself is a double-edged sword
Why with the increase in Knowledge political correctness, activism etc look at a lot of people still very wicked especially Nigerians
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by akdjr(m): 10:07am On Jul 22, 2018
The world come an end in every individual life once you die!
fabinfos:
There are two categories of people living around me. One group says that judging by the events happening these days, the world is surely and steadily moving towards its apocalypse, its breaking point, its end, its death. This group insists that these things are so strange they make the end of the world inviting so that we will be free from hearing of matters that sound stranger than fiction. These people cannot make any head or tail of nuclear wars, fathers raising children through their own daughters or mothers marrying their own sons. Naturally, these are all happening because the world is coming to an end, they insist.

Let me support them a little. Think about the numerous earthquakes, uncountable famines, incessant wars, skirmishes, civil strives, increased deaths, unspeakable acts of murder, etc., going on in many countries at the moment. All of these do not favour the continued existence of the world. You could say they are not good for the blood pressure of the world; they are certainly not good for mine either.

Just recently, I read that a beauty queen in Kenya had been sentenced to death because she had stabbed her boyfriend to death, up to twenty-five times. I want to believe, just as you do too, that a beauty queen is supposed to represent probity and be seen to be above board in everything. This is why I cannot ever be a beauty queen. Not only am I not beautiful, I am also too below board in many things, especially probity. I think that one passed me a long time ago.

What I find strange indeed is that the civil rights groups in the country were said to be up in arms against the sentence passed on the beautiful lady. I wish they could have been more up in arms against the stabbing in the first place; the young man had a right not to be killed and his blood ‘spilled everywhere’. How can anyone, let alone a beauty queen have so ungovernable a temper that s/he would stab someone twenty-five times?! What times we are living in!

Or, take another strange scenario. During the last Ekiti elections, I hear that money was a palpable factor. I hear that right on the queue while people were waiting to be allowed to vote, money was distributed to them in order to buy their votes. All I can say is why on earth was I not there to take my own share?! Seriously, can anything be stranger in the land? Is that where we have got to now? When Gov. Fayose introduced his ‘stomach infrastructure’ programme, everyone cried foul play! Now, it seems the stomach infrastructure programme has been monetised by both sides.

Add these happenings to the fact that the world is right now experiencing one of the downturns of development: global warming as a result of over-industrialisation. So now, the weather blows hot when it should be cold, and cold when it should be hot, colder when it should be cold, and hotter when it should be just hot. And all of us are helplessly watching it, not knowing whether to get the sweater, the bikini or the umbrella of a Monday morning. I hear the heat wave across the world is becoming intolerable right now. Seriously!

Taken together, one can’t quite blame those who say that things are coming to a sad end for the world. The weather has gone topsy-turvy; parents have lost control of their children; children have lost the reigns to their childhoods; beauty queens are only beautiful on the outside, and governments are no longer governing but entrenching themselves whether the people like it or not. Hold it though; let’s listen to the other side.

The other group says that strange things may be happening all right, but they are no stranger than at any other time before. They say that strange things have been happening since the beginning of time; and the ones happening now are no different. They say that the good book has said that there is nothing new under the sun.

To them, every event has its own degree of strangeness anyway. After all, when the sun first began to shine, people first ran away from it, then they worshipped it and now, we have come to depend on it. Now, it is strange when it does not shine.

This group points out that the world actually began to decay the minute it came into being, and they have a solid argument to back this up. They point out that when a baby is born, everyone around rejoices because the baby is new. Everyone also forgets that the minute the baby is born, it begins to get ‘old’, while people think it is ‘growing’. So, when the baby celebrates its birthday each year, it fails to recognise that it is celebrating its ‘decay’, the idiot. Birthdays are not recognised as ‘decay’ days (as they should) until the wrinkles begin to show and the bones begin to weaken.

The world, says this group, began to decay as soon as she was born, just like a baby. Naturally, therefore, she would show signs of wear and tear such as misuse (global warming), wrongful interactions (illegal cohabitations), accidents of birth (congenital malformations), character malformations (beauty queens not being beautiful or religious shepherds not leading), incongruous relationships (anomalous sexual orientations), etc. While these may be strange, say they, they are evidences of robust combustions taking place within a living entity or organism. They are signs that the world is alive.

Clearly, the two groups above do not deny that we are indeed living in strange times. What to make of the strangeness is what separates their thinking. Me, as usual, I am on the fence. You should try it sometimes; it is a very comfortable spot to sit when you have got a good balance and do not easily topple over. Me, I just hold on to my thoughtlessness.

Right now, I am very dispassionate about where the world is going. I care neither for its ending or its beginning for that matter. What I care about is that while the world continues, it should be meaningful for all. This means that I am not too fastidious about whether the world stays or goes but what we make of our time in it already.

This is why I fail to understand why Nigerian leaders think that their leadership is all about acquiring. I watched a little clip about President Obama talking to leaders about the futility of simply acquiring money or properties. I believe he was addressing African leaders, and in particular, Nigerian ones. He attributed such behaviour to ‘poverty of ambition’ when one fails to realise that ‘there’s only so much one can eat’, ‘only so big a house one can build,’ etc. I call it poverty of intellect.

The world may be ending or not, I don’t know. Since no one knows, I think it is safer to assume that the world may not have long to live. Our leaders should therefore begin to think of the good they can do rather than the properties they can acquire. These properties and all the Cayman Island accounts and the Swiss accounts are all unfortunately going to go under within minutes if the worst does happen.

On the other hand, if one’s resources are put to good use for mankind, there is no telling just where it might reach. Who knows, it may even help to keep the world alive. Certainly, I know it will help to make the world go round.

http://kikiotolu.com/is-the-world-really-about-to-come-to-an-end/

2 Likes

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Mikeross62: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2018
abi nao

it's mikeross yuan/rmb exchange
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Evince(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I'M BOTHERED WITH THIS LEVEL OF IGNORANCE OF THE ADULTS IN OUR SOCIETY.
YEAH, OUR PARENTS MESSED UP BIG TIME BY EXTENDING LIES AND SUPERSTITION AS TRUTH TO US WHEN WE WERE AT A VULNERABLE STAGE -AS KIDS. I DON'T BLAME THEM TOO MUCH BECAUSE THEY GOT SAME FROM THEIR PARENTS AS WELL, IN A TIME WHEN SCIENCE, TECH, AND KNOWLEDGE WAS TERRIBLY LACKING IN AFRICA.

WITH EVERYTHING AROUND US TODAY WE SHOULD KNOW BETTER AND TREAT MYTHS AND FABLES AS MYTHS AND FABLES, AND NOT AS TRUTH. WE SHOULD TEACH KIDS SCIENCE AND HELP THEM DEVELOPE THE HABIT OF SEEKING KNOWLEDGE ABOUT US, THE WORLD WE LIVE, PHYSICS, THE COSMOS, PHILOSOPHY.... INSTEAD OF TELLING THEM TRASH ABOUT REVELATION, RAPTURE, A PREGNANT VIRGIN, TALKING SNAKE, AND ABOUT SEEING GRANDMA IN HEAVEN WHEN WE DIE. undecided

Brother u just spoke my mind. Bible is a serious lie.
It's good am off these lies

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 22, 2018
Pataricatering:
you really can’t blame atheists for seeing the stupidity in religion and not being able to accept it
!
No one is passing blame on anyone... The fact that atheist just come and blame the backwardness of Africa on faith and belief system is what is irritating about them....
Don't be deceived..no one is sitting on the fence on anything, the fact that u don't beleive in something authimatically means u have made a decision for another...u don't plan to succeed, u have already planned to fail...no sitting in the fence...

The advance countries we feel all is well with at some point have all their advancement and development on the foundation of a beleif system...alk this advancement they have ddnt happen 10 or 15years ago it been on when they held their christain faith and 100% of their laws were drawn from relegious beleifs..it is only very recently liberal and free thinking rules have become the order of the day...and look at where it as brought us.

Science is not the beginning of life, science didn't make life.. it's only trying to explain....every tech advancement was built in a template, nothing came out of thing air
The world is terribly decaying because of our continuous lack of faith..and science is only trying to manage it...
Disease keep springing up with no cure, technology that can erase the entire existence of the world is in the hands of Iran, Russia and the US....hate, envy, strife, wickedness which faith in God is trying to help us eliminate is what is killing us not relegion, not faith not beleif in God....

It's sad that at every point, all we wanna do is eliminate faith in God from the equation of life....a time is coming when there would be none left....no spiritual power will end this world....it is man that will bring mother earth to its knees by the work of our hands

5 Likes

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:14am On Jul 22, 2018
Nope. The world can't end
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by opribo(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2018
As far as i am concerned, for the mere fact that human beings have no control over life and death itself, ordinary MH17 disappearance is still a mystery upon all the technological know how, all we get are speculations and assumptions no hard concrete facts. As we know today, no science has been able to explain the mystery of sleeping and waking up. There just too many unanswered mysteries that science has waved aside due to their level of knowledge. Till today science has not been able to tell us what gives the Sun its power neither have they unravelled what lies beneath the Sun.

I feel safe to allign with the group that believes the world would end some day.

5 Likes

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Xtopher123(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2018
These things has always been happening.. you're only hearing about them more because Information is free and everywhere

The world is getting more interesting..
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by pacino26(m): 10:21am On Jul 22, 2018
This is not the first human civilization and certainly won't be the last. At the peak of industrialization comes decline in morals and values. Exploittation of the environment too got it's own toll.

So either we implode via moral decadence, die off as a species or nuke the hell out of ourselves. One way or the other the end will come.

1 Like

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 22, 2018
The world isn't coming to an end. Here is really what is happening.

Information/news is now at the finger tip, Just a click away you now know what is currently happening in far away US or Kenya. The inhumane and savage nature of human has remained the same since time immemorial but we don't get to see most evils when social media wasn't invogue but now we have Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter and the likes.....so whatever evil that is happening far away can easily be seen hence giving you the idea that all these don't happen before, LIE!, they happen but now we get to see them as they happen now giving you the illusion the world is coming to an end but for an atheist like me, I would like to think that REALITY IS SAVAGE.

2 Likes

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by EternalBeing: 10:24am On Jul 22, 2018
The World would have become a place of Chaos, where being good would mean being weak. But now we know that good people are the Strongest for they shall live forever, while evil people shall end like chaff in fire. For now the world may not be free of evil until HE finally returns to permanently take over. Almost everybody that are making effort not to submit their Souls to being evil are doing so because Jesus has shown us the benefit that follows striving to be good. If I have no hope of living forever, I'll surely be a killer and probably would have killed you and many more, and in return I might have been killed too. But I know better now. Just before the birth of YESHUA HaMashiach Jesus, men were fast transforming to becoming totally and wholly evil living like animals, thinking there's no tomorrow. The rate of proliferation of evil was halted and massively reversed by the exemplary life of Jesus; he showed humans that we can live forever if we do good and live to please our CREATOR.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by MrxxxSmart(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2018
Earth will definitely end when the sun destroys it in like 8000000000 years something like that by then there is like in Mars

1 Like

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Henrycube(m): 10:32am On Jul 22, 2018
Trustme2:
I may not know about the world ending but I know Buhari stay in office will end in 2019. Back to Daura

Dont go into conclusion yet, because we never believe Fayemi will end up being the governor of ËKITI State. Na Nigeria we dey.
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by raymytech1: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2018
It can never come to an end
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by wayne4loan: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2018
safarigirl:
The difference between the events happening now and those happening back then is the INTERNET

Do you know how many terrible things happened back in the day that people never learnt of because they didn't have means of communication?

The whole thing is just blown out of proportion these days because of the internet and sendationalism

The world is without end
wow shocked.. Ur words are full of wisdom
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Jbleenk: 10:52am On Jul 22, 2018
I don't think so cus a part of God's word says "world without end."

Generations will come, generations will go but the world will forever remain same.

Generation has come generations has gone and the world still remain same. Nothing is happening now that haven't happened before.

1 Like

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by paxonel(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2018
Which world won end abi na Una won end am?

Abeg life continues forever jò

1 Like

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Orpe7(m): 10:59am On Jul 22, 2018
Dont know about that but i knownfor sure
One's world come to an end the moment he or she dies
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by bolinjkezzy(m): 11:00am On Jul 22, 2018
Partnerbiz:
Don't really feel the world has an end.

If you die, your world ends. It's more logical and saner.

Not saying with certainty though...
You are the world you have created and when you cease to exist the world you have created wil also cease to exist. Well said bro
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by GoldHorse(m): 11:01am On Jul 22, 2018
No! It's end of AGE not world.
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by bolinjkezzy(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2018
safarigirl:
The difference between the events happening now and those happening back then is the INTERNET

Do you know how many terrible things happened back in the day that people never learnt of because they didn't have means of communication?

The whole thing is just blown out of proportion these days because of the internet and sendationalism

The world is without end
Really like this
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Akpacha(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2018
Trustme2:
I may not know about the world ending but I know Buhari stay in office will end in 2019. Back to Daura
That's d only sure thing boss, surer than 1odd betslip.
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Tonytonex(m): 11:17am On Jul 22, 2018
Yes it is.
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by topdee(m): 11:20am On Jul 22, 2018
Butterflyleo:

1st Corinthians 1:18

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God

No clearer words have ever been spoken

Says a book theists refused to validate or verify objectively.
The creators of the book are geniuses, they designed the book to make believers remain in mental bondage indefinitely: in any event a believer starts having doubts, they crafted the book with similar passages and stories, like this one you quoted, as a countermeasure to make people remain indoctrinated.

However, it is only a matter of time before people stopped believing in the book, especially newer generations.

2 Likes

Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Tonytonex(m): 11:23am On Jul 22, 2018
Trustme2:
RIGGING.
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by mikron(m): 11:42am On Jul 22, 2018
Jbleenk:
I don't think so cus a part of God's word says "world without end."

Generations will come, generations will go but the world will forever remain same.

Generation has come generations has gone and the world still remain same. Nothing is happening now that haven't happened before.
the good book also told us that heaven and earth will pass away but his word will remain.
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by Augustinaz(m): 11:43am On Jul 22, 2018
The world has already ended.
Re: Is The World Really About To Come To An End? by iamnavy1: 11:45am On Jul 22, 2018
Life Still Goes On

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Ancestral Curses / Dates For Easter In The Past And Coming 20 Years / Chidi Amamgbo Donates Cathedral To His Diocese In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.