Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi (2788 Views)

Breaking: APC Unveils 12 SAN To Defend Tinubu / Ekiti: Court Grants Oni’s Prayer For Substituted Service In Suit Against Fayemi / Ekiti APC: Tinubu, Akande Declare Position On Oni’s ‘suit’ Against Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by Kayus4real: 7:39am On Jul 22, 2018
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria , Mallam Yusuf Ali , said the Peoples Democratic Party ’ s candidate in last Saturday ’ s governorship election in Ekiti State, Prof . Kolapo Olusola , has asked him to lead his legal team to challenge the victory of Governor - elect , Dr . Kayode Fayemi, at the election tribunal .
Olusola , who lost the election to Fayemi , the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, according to the results released by the Independent National Electoral Commission, has vowed to challenge the poll outcome.

Fayemi, a former governor of the state , defeated Olusola in 12 out of the 16 local government areas of the state , polling 197 , 459 votes while Olusola scored 178 , 121 votes .
Ali told SUNDAY PUNCH on Friday that he had accepted to lead other senior lawyers to reclaim Olusola ’ s mandate.
The senior advocate however said he would need to discuss details of the brief with his client to know the grounds upon which the candidate was contesting the poll results .
Ali added that he would not be able to give an accurate figure of other lawyers that would join him in the legal battle against the APC candidate.
He said , “ I have just been contacted to represent the PDP ( at the tribunal ). The ( legal) team is just being put together ; so, I don ’ t know the number of SANs and other lawyers that will work with me yet because it is the client that will determine who they want to bring on board.
“ On the grounds of the petition, I was just briefed (to take up the matter); we would need to engage in further discussions before I will know exactly what is involved . ”
Tribunal constituted before election – A’ court
Meanwhile , the three- man panel for the Ekiti State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal has been set up to sit on the disputes arising from the July 14 governorship election in the state , SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt . Bulkachuwa , is empowered to constitute the election petitions tribunals for governorship as well as for state and National Assembly elections.

The Head , Media and Publicity Unit of the Court of Appeal , Mrs. Sa ’ adatu Musa , responding to an inquiry by SUNDAY PUNCH on Saturday , said the tribunal for the Ekiti State governorship election was constituted two weeks before the election held on July 14 .
“ The Ekiti State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal was set up two weeks before the election , ” Musa said in a text message in response to one of our correspondents’ enquiry .
Section 133 (3) (a ) of the Electoral Act provides that the tribunal “ shall be constituted not later than 14 days before the election . ”
The registry of the Ekiti State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal was said to have been opened in Ado- Ekiti , the state capital , one week after it was constituted.

By virtue of Section 134 (1 ) of the law, an election petition to challenge the validity of an election must be filed within 21 days after the date of the declaration of results .
“ An election petition shall be filed within 21 days after the date of the declaration of results of the elections , ” the law states .
With the result of the election declared one week ago , it implies that aggrieved persons have only two weeks left within which to file their petitions before the tribunal to challenge the outcome of the poll .
Section 134 ( 2) of the Electoral Act provides that “ an election tribunal shall deliver its judgment in writing within 180 days from the date of the filing of the petition. ”

Olusola had , on Sunday, alleged that he was robbed of victory in an election he claimed to have received over 70 per cent of the votes , having won in almost all the 16 local government areas in the state .
At a press conference after INEC declared Fayemi the winner on Sunday, the PDP candidate, who is the deputy governor of the state , alleged that security agencies threw all caution to the wind by taking sides with the APC and Fayemi.

He accused security agencies of not only supporting but also supervising the indiscriminate arrest of PDP leaders and agents while also harassing voters on a massive scale, especially in Ado Ekiti , Ikere and other places .
He equally alleged that security agencies gave tacit and active cover for thugs imported into Ekiti by the APC to snatch ballot boxes , create confusion , cause mayhem , and drive away voters in PDP strongholds .
“ INEC, on its own part , reneged on its promise to have results counted , declared and pasted on the wall of each polling station . There was nowhere INEC transmitted results from the polling centres as earlier promised .
“ Ballot boxes were illegally moved to INEC offices while our agents were disallowed from following the process , ” he stated

http://punchng.com/pdp-engages-kwara-san-to-lead-legal-battle-against-fayemi/

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by mercyp001(f): 7:57am On Jul 22, 2018
The true winner(Prof Olusola Eleka), Lord is with you. You will recover your stolen mandate.

11 Likes

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by seunmsg(m): 9:03am On Jul 22, 2018
Ooops! So, Wole Olanipekun and Afe Babalola refused to take up the case despite PDP's social media propaganda.

Despite Fayose's incessant attacks on northern Muslims before the election, he had to turn towards a Muslim lawyer from the north to help handle his puppet's case. So much for politics of propaganda!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by madridguy(m): 9:07am On Jul 22, 2018
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:12am On Jul 22, 2018
cool
Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by Firefire(m): 9:50am On Jul 22, 2018
[s]
seunmsg:
Ooops! So, Wole Olanipekun and Afe Babalola refused to take up the case despite PDP's social media propaganda.

Despite Fayose's incessant attacks on northern Muslims before the election, he had to turn towards a Muslim lawyer from the north to help handle his puppet's case. So much for politics of propaganda!
[/s]

Religious extremist sighted.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by seunmsg(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2018
Firefire:
[s][/s]

Religious extremist sighted.

Fayose, your lord and saviour is the extremist who prey on peoples belief to play dirty politics.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by WATCHOVER(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2018
mercyp001:
The true winner(Prof Olusola Eleka), Lord is with you. You will recover your stolen mandate.
I stand with you even if soap enter my eyes grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by Lipscomb(m): 10:01am On Jul 22, 2018
Congratulations to mallam yufu for this new contract.
Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by resurgent2019: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2018
seunmsg:

Fayose was never against Muslims in Ekiti State. I don’t know why you insist on distorting the facts on this matter. You have obviously lost all credibility and objectivity on the matter—and all your submissions should be discountenanced henceforth.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by icon02(m): 10:32am On Jul 22, 2018
seunmsg:

Aare bamofin Afe Babalola no longer goes to the court room.
Haba! You want him to stand before one rat and call him my lord?
It's not pride, that's where hard work and dedication has placed him.
It's not easy to be Aare bamofin of Yoruba land.
He is a father to NBA.

1 Like

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by resurgent2019: 10:35am On Jul 22, 2018
icon02:

He is a father to NBA.

Don’t mind him. He thinks all of us here are riff raff Igbos that he battles with all day. Some of us here are lawyers and we know what goes on in legal circles. I used to respect seunmsg a lot but he has lost a lot of that due to partisanship and bigotry. I am guessing he’s a practising Muslim.

1 Like

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by PassingShot(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2018
The senior advocate however said he would need to discuss details of the brief with his client to know the grounds upon which the candidate was contesting the poll results .

The above says it all. Even the loser doesn't yet know on which grounds to contest the outcome of the result.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by kahal29: 10:51am On Jul 22, 2018
PassingShot:

The above says it all. Even the loser doesn't yet know on which grounds to contest the outcome of the result.
grin grin grin grin

You're in the spirit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2018
I'm surprised PDP didn't contract Ozekhome who has become notorious for defending thieves and looters of our common patrimony

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by seunmsg(m): 10:54am On Jul 22, 2018
icon02:

He is a father to NBA.

Well, PDP members told us after the election that Wole Olanipekun and Afe Babalola have decided to take up Eleka's case.
Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by kahal29: 10:55am On Jul 22, 2018
Is this not the same Yusuf Ali that handled Ize Iyamu's case in Edo from Tribunal to Supreme Court and Lost to Obaseki's legal team ably led by Wole Olanikpekun, Lateef Fagbemi, Niyi Akintola and Do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by famology(m): 10:57am On Jul 22, 2018
The same yusuf Ali that totally messed up ize iyamu's case against obaseki?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by kahal29: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2018
seunmsg:

Well, PDP members told us after the election that Wole Olanipekun and Afe Babalola have decided to take up Eleka's case.

I knew Wole Olanikpekun won't take up the case neither will he take up Fayemi's own. Being an indigene of the state he might prefer to remain neutral since they are all brothers from Ekiti.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by kahal29: 10:59am On Jul 22, 2018
famology:
The same yusuf Ali that totally messed up ize iyamu's case against obaseki?

Am telling you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by seunmsg(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2018
resurgent2019:

Fayose was never against Muslims in Ekiti State. I don’t know why you insist on distorting the facts on this matter. You have obviously lost all credibility and objectivity on the matter—and all your submissions should be discountenanced henceforth.

And I can't remember ever saying Fayose was ever against Ekiti state Muslims. If you followed Fayose's campaign before the election, you would've heard his numerous attacks on northern muslims and how Fayemi intends to cede Ekiti land to Fulani herders.

1 Like

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by seunmsg(m): 11:07am On Jul 22, 2018
kahal29:

I knew Wole Olanikpekun won't take up the case neither will he take up Fayemi's own. Being an indigene of the state he might prefer to remain neutral since they are all brothers from Ekiti.

Definitely. PDP clowns however where deluding themselves that he will handle Eleka's case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by Akpuoru: 11:09am On Jul 22, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
I'm surprised PDP didn't contract Ozekhome who is notorious for defending thieves and looters of our common patrimony
You think they don't know the true worth of Ozakhome, this is LEGAL matter not media contest

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2018
What a good time to be a senior lawyer
Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by resurgent2019: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
kahal29:

God bless you sir. Dr.Wole Olanipekun is also an ipetumodu High Chief. He’s too conflicted to get involved in the matter.

I am disappointed in seunmsg. And I used to respect him ooo. What a pity.
Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by resurgent2019: 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
seunmsg:

Definitely. PDP clowns however where deluding themselves that he will handle Eleka's case.

Go and sit down. You have been disgraced and exposed as a pathetic partisan hack!

1 Like

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by seunmsg(m): 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
resurgent2019:

Go and sit down. You have been disgraced and exposed as a pathetic partisan hack!

Exposed and disgraced by who? Some of you just throw words around as if you are uneducated. What exactly is paining you about my post? I guess you are still angry that Fayose lost the last election. Sadly, that's the reality some of you have to live with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by mercyp001(f): 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2018
seunmsg:

Exposed and disgraced by who? Some of you just throw words around as if you are uneducated. What exactly is paining you about my post? I guess you are still angry that Fayose lost the last election. Sadly, that's the reality some of you have to leave with.
Zombie, the election was between Prof. Olusola Eleka and Fayemi, na Fayose matter will kill all of you.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by J4justice: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
seunmsg:

But it is not for pro bono. There is a consideration and the Lawyer is bound by the principle of canb rank rule.
Re: PDP Engages Kwara SAN To Lead Legal Battle Against Fayemi by seunmsg(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
mercyp001:

Zombie, the election was between Prof. Olusola Eleka and Fayemi, na Fayose matter will kill all of you.

slowpoke, the election was a referendum on Fayose's performance and popularity. He lost. Learn to live with it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adorable Photo Of Saraki Kissing His Wife While Gov Ahmed Watches / Rivers APC Crisis, Senator Magnus Abe Celebrates Amaechi's Supreme Court Defeat / Julius Berger Launches Website On 2nd Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.