Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church (748 Views)

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend / Insecurity: What Pastor Adeboye Said Under Jonathan Vs Buhari / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by merit455(m): 11:07am On Jul 22, 2018
The topic for today's message is KEY. It was a hot topic,I so much love Dominion City. But my pastor told us today that "We should seek more of God wisdom than the power of God" He said wisdom is the key. What do you think children of God!!!
Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by NPComplete: 11:15am On Jul 22, 2018
Your pastor is a cunning man. He has realised that people have started scrutinising fake miracles pastors perform with the so-called power of God and have started noticing there is nothing there. No real power. Only huffing and puffing and fake unverifiable miracles. So he has decided to change tactics.

Wisdom is intangible and there is currently no standard metric by which wisdom, especially spiritual wisdom, can be measured. So he has switched to that. That way he can drop his claim to the elusive power of God and now hold on to equally elusive wisdom of God to lie and deceive more people.

Tell him it won't work.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by Skyfornia(m): 11:33am On Jul 22, 2018
What your pastor means is that people should stop running after signs and wonders but focus on having the mind of Christ which is the main thing. By studying the Bible and practicing it you will begin to think like Christ. Even the Bible tells us that wisdom is the principal thing, Proverb 4:7 "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding".

By the way, if you are a Christian you shouldn't seek for power rather power would be given to you immediately you receive the Holy Spirit..Acts 1:8 amp "But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth". So we do not run after power rather power is bestowed on us.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by Shelumiel: 11:34am On Jul 22, 2018
My brother , your pastor said something good . It is wise for a man to seek the wisdom of God first before every other thing. For it is through wisdom(in the fear of God )that power/authority can be given to man by God .
Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by nwaanambra1(m): 11:34am On Jul 22, 2018
NPComplete:
Your pastor is a cunning man. He has realised that people have started scrutinising fake miracles pastors perform with the so-called power of God and have started noticing there is nothing there. No real power. Only huffing and puffing and fake unverifiable miracles. So he has decided to change tactics.

Wisdom is intangible and there is currently no standard metric by which wisdom, especially spiritual wisdom, can be measured. So he has switched to that. That way he can drop his claim to the elusive power of God and now hold on to equally elusive wisdom of God to lie and deceive more people.

Tell him it won't work.

THIS COMMENT IS FULLY ENDORSED BY ME, MYSELF AND I. cool

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 22, 2018
Skyfornia:
What your pastor means is that people should stop running after signs and wonders but focus on having the mind of Christ which is the main thing. By studying the Bible and practicing it you will begin to think like Christ. Even the Bible tells us that wisdom is the principal thing, Proverb 4:7 "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding".

By the way, if you are a Christian you shouldn't seek for power rather power would be given to you immediately you receive the Holy Spirit..Acts 1:8 amp "But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth". So we do not run after power rather power is bestowed on us.
very true. King Solomon is a good example.
Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by NPComplete: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2018
Treasuredlove:
very true. King Solomon is a good example.

Yet that didn't stop him from humping 700 concubines, serving other gods and breaking his own kingdom into 2 as a result.

So much for wisdom.
Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by merit455(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2018
NPComplete:

Tell him it won't work.
you are wrong sir

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by merit455(m): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
Skyfornia:

Are you a pastor please?
Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by Skyfornia(m): 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
merit455:
Are you a pastor please?

Nope I'm not...but I'm Born again.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
NPComplete:

Yet that didn't stop him from humping 700 concubines, serving other gods and breaking his own kingdom into 2 as a result.

So much for wisdom.
he was wise but also human afterall
Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by OtemAtum: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2018
Treasuredlove:
he was wise but also human afterall
Which wise human does such thing? Wise indeed!
Anyway, the Solomon(Solmani) I know didn't have 700 wives or 300 concubines. It's fictitious Solomon(Solmani) that has such number of wives and concubines. I wonder what really entered the head of Ezra and his colleagues for them to have corrupted the true life story of Solmani Erectus to such great extent.
Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
OtemAtum:
Which wise human does such thing? Wise indeed!
Anyway, the Solomon(Solmani) I know didn't have 700 wives or 300 concubines. It's fictitious Solomon(Solmani) that has such number of wives and concubines. I wonder what really entered the head of Ezra and his colleagues for them to have corrupted the true life story of Solmani Erectus to such great extent.
i am hearing about solmani for the first time but I have heard rumors about sections of the Bible that has been ommitted from the Bible we read now. But to my own understanding, he was a king, extremely rich and his position as a king entitled him to wives and concubines (based on their culture and time)
Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by xproducer: 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2018
Your pastor appears to be spot on in this case!

"Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding." - Proverbs 4:7

"For wisdom is better than rubies, And all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her." - Proverbs 8:11

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." - Proverbs 9:10

*** Always check what any self-proclaimed "man of God" or pastor says with what God says in the holy word, the Bible ****
Re: Is There Any Thing Wrong With What Pastor Told Us This Morning In Church by olayemm(f): 7:36am On Jul 23, 2018
Wisdom the Bible say is the principal thing, your pastor was right. What is the use of power without the right application of wisdom. It's the wisdom that will guide him, so he won't misuse the power available to him.

(1) (Reply)

The Billions Ways To Access God / I Dare Anyone Who Thinks He Is A Child Of God To Open This Thread / Sex Sex Sex Sex Sex Sex Sex Sex Sex Sex!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.