Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). (14522 Views)

Kwara Court Jails 24-Year-Old Man For Criminally Charming, Raping Teenager / How Do You Handle A Criminally Minded Young Girl / IGP Never Disobeyed President’s Orders – Insiders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by TechCapon(m): 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
TechCapon

From this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4629930/igp-ibrahim-idris-social-media

Reacting to this post that has gone viral on the Nigerian cyberspace about a comment made by the inspector general of police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris that he said that social media is for the criminally minded. First thing that came to my mind was how can he say a thing like that when the Nigerian police has several active social media accounts, EFCC, ICPC and all other security agencies have social media account both Facebook and Twitter. This comment generated a lot of controversy online to the point I decided to watch the video myself on YouTube to see how such a comment would spew out of such a high profile individual. Idris was purported to have said this while answering questions from newsmen shortly after attending a function in Abuja on Friday.
The Police boss was asked what the Force is currently doing about restructuring the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) as more Nigerians are calling for the end of police unit.
Responding, Idris who expressed dismay at the question, said:

“You see, you have to be careful about this clamoring.
“Social media is a technology available to those that are criminally minded and we have to be careful on how we respond to this clamoring like you are saying.

“SARS is a unit of the police that I believe should be sustained, what we are doing is to ensure that they are properly trained, and we are providing facilities for them that will make work easy for them. But I have to tell you that they are doing a very wonderful job.”

Now after analyzing this video with my team, we see no where he said social media is FOR THE CRIMINALLY MINDED, rather he said it is a TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE TO THE CRIMINALLY MINDED which is true. English scholars can easily decipher this because they are not the same thing. What he said is correct just the same way people use churches and other institutions for criminal purposes, same way they use social media. So what the IGP said is very correct. I see no reason for controversy. The funniest thing about this issue is that many people who reacted to this claim never watched the video, they never took time to listen to what the IGP said they just concluded and started bashing him online. Please I know the security situation in the country is not so good and everyone is angry but let’s not heat up the atmosphere any further. I also call on fellow bloggers to be extremely careful with the way we pass our information around because the internet is very powerful. Techcapon.com has decided to clarify this ensure everyone gets the right information. Thank you

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/correction-igp-ibrahim-idris-never-said-social-media-is-for-the-criminally-minded/

Watch the video again and this time very carefully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzptM6-9zEs

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
transmission, transmission

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by midolian(m): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2018
Thank you op..

Over to the intellectually lazy pigs

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by Topmaike007(m): 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
long post no dey tire una to dey read... so is the IG not transmitting or what I don't get it...

11 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by TechCapon(m): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
Topmaike007:
long post no dey tire una to dey read...
so is the IG not transmitting or what I don't get it...
just calm down and read it, you'll get the point.

9 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by TechCapon(m): 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2018
midolian:
Thank you op..

Over to the intellectually lazy pigs
you're welcome
Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by aleeyus(m): 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2018
Naija too like fake news dis dayz

May God help us

2 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by davillian(m): 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2018
cheesy
Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by BabaIbo: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
LoL cheesy
Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by inoki247: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
Now after analyzing this video with my team, we see no where he said social media is FOR THE CRIMINALLY MINDED, rather he said it is a TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE TO THE CRIMINALLY MINDED was d difference.. spare me dat..

Do they need technology to Rob a house or kidnap sum1 or hired an assassin, sell Drugss, du blood money.. all diz don dey exist before Technology... az Gun get advantage na so e Get Disadvantage same as Technology. With Technology you can trace your stolen phones, cars CcTV cameras are diz not part of Technology or which technology are u talking about. olodo dey worry him..

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by sweetkev(m): 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
Look, I'm sick and tired reading anything about this incompetent transmission man undecided

6 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by oliidell(m): 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
Can someone advise Ibrahim Idris to shut the fvck up?

23 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by massinola(m): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Transmission transmitter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by Judolisco(m): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Alright it was wrongfully transmitted grin

13 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by Offpoint: 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Click like for Ronaldo

Click Share for Police

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by FYB(m): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
their second name is denial

1 Like

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by frowland(m): 1:32pm On Jul 22, 2018
Of course, I have watched the video before. He never said so. He was quoted out of context. Not that I agreed with the man's ways though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by MrSensor(m): 1:32pm On Jul 22, 2018
sad he was correct na.
Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by Odingo1: 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
BMC defending APC Buhari and their appointee mess.

Transmission, Transmitter, Transmission, translation all is Transmission.

5 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by omocalabar(m): 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
he said "available to those that are criminally minded", he didnt use the word "also"...so he bleeped...accept it or not

34 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
He forgot to say also

2 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by hollah123: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
always looking for ways to save face after talking crap,d same thing they did when d fool said Nigerian youths are lazy

9 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by xjiggy: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
The problem with people nowadays be say dem no dey concentrate read news, digest am before replying. Dem go leave authentic news media go dey read blogs. 99% of blogs for 9ja no get any other work than to add Maggi, onions and tomatoes join original news. And youth of these days , Na only news wey involve breast and sex dem dey take time read.

2 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by Bossontop(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
Why be say after dis guy don talk finish dem go always find how dem go panel beat am after??

14 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by Ijaya123: 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
Damage control. Too litttle, too late.

No matter what this IG does, some people can never see good in him. Their mind is already made up. Can't blame them though. He has too many controversies surrounding his tenure.

3 Likes

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by klax(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
I think they should let this man be. He has few months left to be retired so may be he is under stress. They should let him be, Nigeria problems can make someone run mad.

Idris just need some rest I think.
Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nigeria: denial of truths from government is now the order of the day. Shame of a country.
Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by Newpride(m): 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
I hardly believe in the news on social media at times.
But some people prefer to read from third party and begin to masturbate on it than take their time and hear from the horses mouth.

1 Like

Re: Correction: IGP Never Said ‘social Media Is For The Criminally Minded (video). by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
transmission, transmission
testing one two testing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pirates Kill 5-Year-Old Girl In Bayelsa, Shoot Speedboat Driver / Court Remands Student For Attempting To Commit Suicide With Rat Poison / Nigerian National Arrested With Crystal Meth Worth Over ₦‎1m In The Philippines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.