Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Why Are Few Nigerians Studying Counselling Psychology - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are Few Nigerians Studying Counselling Psychology (6270 Views)

Is Counselling A Good Career Choice? / Dropping Psychology For Nursing. Am I Making The Right Choice? / 5 Ways To Combine Work And Studying Masters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Why Are Few Nigerians Studying Counselling Psychology by Konquest: 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pavore9:

In Nigeria, it will be starting with a bachelor's degree in Psychology then Masters in Counseling Psychology bur outside Nigeria, take for example Kenya they have certificate, diploma, bachelors in counseling psychology. Below is the units offered by bachelor's students of counselling psychology though it is just about 70% of the total units.

-Introduction to Psychology
-Introduction to Professional Counseling
-Theories of Counseling Psychology
-Personal Development: I
-Practice of Counseling
-Human Growth and Development
-Ethical and Legal Issues
-Personal Development II & Personal Therapy I
-E-Therapy
-Communication Skills for Counselors
-Personality Psychology
-Psychopathology
-Supervision in Counseling Practice I & Personal Therapy II
-Group Therapy
-Research Methods in Counseling Psychology
-HIV Voluntary Counseling and Testing
-Counseling for Medical Conditions
-Psychological Assessments
-Counseling Practicum I
-Trauma and Trauma Counseling
-Substance Abuse Counseling
-Multicultural counselling
-Therapeutic Psychology
-Entrepreneurship
-Health Psychology
-Psychology of parenting
-Crisis Counseling
-Family and Marriage Counseling
-Neuropsychology/Psychopharmacology
-Human Sexuality
-Child and Adolescent psychology
-Community Counseling
-Stress Management and Counseling
-Career Guidance and Counseling
-Integration of Psychology, Christian (Biblical) & African worldview
Awesome post... Deep insights.
Re: Why Are Few Nigerians Studying Counselling Psychology by FaruqMadridCr7(m): 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2021
flexit:
In Nigeria you can study at the Institute of Counselling and get a diploma while you train and then you can start counselling professionally and making money. www.truthshare.com.ng is a great place to start too. Although I think people have not started seeing counselling as a way out of their depression, so the demand for it is still very low compared to our population
Did you think it's okay for a depressed person like me to study counseling and psychology? Because, I myself know I'm a depressed, shy and introvert

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tips On Handling Mistakes Within Your Company / Learn How TO Make ($300-$800 Monthly)on Fiverr Writing Article (tutorial Series) / Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.