Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,983 members, 7,814,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

A Boy Good At Drawing But Not Good At Solving Maths - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Boy Good At Drawing But Not Good At Solving Maths (344 Views)

Thinking You're Not Good Enough To Teach People Or Start A Business? Read This! / Man Discloses His Salary As Chemistry, Physics, And Maths Teacher In Owerri / Please Help Me With The Answer To This Maths Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Boy Good At Drawing But Not Good At Solving Maths by BoiRhyme(m): 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
I seldom post on social media platforms.Not pride though.I guess I just like viewing and enjoying what other people post online,and that's what I do with my leisure times.But something so amazing happened today which has prompted me to do this.....
So I,Hayzed and Mufeed(my friends) woke up late this morning.We slept late last night talking about our past,plans for future and how Nigeria is not giving any hope to youths not born with silver spoons. we later ate this morning and I was preparing to do laundry when I heard a knock on the door.Alas,two kids entered, Ola and his brother(Biodun).Biodun is having his junior Waec and My friend has taken it upon himself to coach them every Sunday.This kid is very poor in mathematics.He can barely even do simple arithmetics.Imagine a boy sitting for waec.Teaching him was so frustrating but we had to calm down.Later,we asked him what his ambition is, boy was like"i want to become an artist".playfully making jest of him, my friend said"shebi u wan become an artist?oya coman draw this(pointing to a Nelson Mandela's picture on his book.We could read the excitement on his face.The curiosity he never showed when we told him to find x and y.
To our greatest surprise,within few minutes,this boy has finished drawing a sketch of Nelson Mandela.We were so flabbergasted!!Even some professional artist may not be able to sketch a drawing so fine in such a short period of time.This is a raw talent!We gave him few more pictures and he happily drew them.We summoned his Brother too. That one is even "badder"smile.I guess art runs deep in their blood. The discouraging thing is that their mum doesn't appreciate the talent.He criticizes this boy everytime he draws.
What is wrong with Nigerians! Why are some parents like this.We cannot all become doctors,Lawyers,Politicians etc.Please parents encourage your children and let them be whatever they want to be! Don't ruin your child's future just because of the mentality that only certain professions can become successful.Lets wise up please.Moreso if it were to b in some developed countries these boys would b in places by now! #NaijaGotTalents#GreatArtistInAYoungBlood

Re: A Boy Good At Drawing But Not Good At Solving Maths by mumureloaded(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
that's the problem we have in this part of the word but my case differs because my talent shouldn't see the light of the day and I thank God my parent did that. don't ask me what the talent is.
Re: A Boy Good At Drawing But Not Good At Solving Maths by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2018
ART is looked down upon in Nigeria, and telling your parents you want to be an artist, might get you a one way ticket to the nearest ritualist.

most Nigerian parents would simply say: you cant pay the rent with drawings, you MUST become a doctor or lawyer!

(1) (Reply)

Free Pre-study Courses For Intending Students Who Wish To Study In Germany / Home Teaching Job / Abimbola Olumuyiwa: Getting Over Addictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.