Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements (30311 Views)

Sadiya Umar Farouk Approves Payment Of Stipends To Exited N-Power Beneficiaries / Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" / Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by kolaaderin: 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2018
The Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, said on Wednesday the Federal Government has approved the payment of N45billion severance package to former staff of the defunct Nigeria Airways.

The national carrier was liquidated by ex- President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration in 2005, and the workers had been embarking on protests nationwide over their unpaid entitlements.

Sirika told State House correspondents at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting that money has been approved for the settlement of the entitlements.

“Governments, in the past, decided just to liquidate Nigeria Airways without tending to the issue of the entitlements of the workers and they have been struggling to get that paid. We came in and took it very seriously.

“I’m happy to announce that Mr. President has approved N45 billion which has been confirmed to be the entitlements of these workers and Ministry of Finance has been instructed to pay the money. The ministry wrote to me last week that they have received the instruction to pay these workers, and therefore, they are setting up the modalities to pay.

“You should know it won’t be paid through my ministry before somebody will say I take some of it. It will be paid by finance through a process, and that process will commence very soon,’’ he said.

The minister disclosed that the Council approved the procurement of operational vehicles for Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) and the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Betakeshi: 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2018
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by evansjeff(m): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
Someone somewhere is having sex right now despite all the problems we are facing in this Country
Heartless people. cry

151 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by twilliamx(m): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
Good one. Although most of them were incompetent and part of the crew that ran the carrier aground. Still a good gesture from FG. They should carry their wahala and go.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by badmrkt(m): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
The more you meet Buhari's supporters the more you come to understand why Noah picked more animals over humans. Argue with your ancestors...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by CilicMarin: 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
Only Buhari Can Do This..

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by LordofNaija: 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
grin All for 2019. At the rate Buhari is going I'm pretty sure he will approve my marriage to Aisha soon

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by mrtwist(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by ozo13(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
Naira rain. Election don reach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by michealewela: 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nice move..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by iamJ(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
buhari forever, let me call that my uncle if he has received alert

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by ehisbay(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
Hope Nitel staff will be remembered too.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by gabbijason(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
45billion for how many staff?

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
Time to embezzle money. We need more inflow of easy cash in circulation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Kingspin(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
It is better for an Angel to deceive you than the devil himself.
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Sheuns(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
shocked

At least they remembered the old staff. Their sweats (for those still alive) haven't gone in vain. Hope someone somewhere won't hold back or delay the payments sha, cos this is Nigeria.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by TheUbermensch: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
Money that they will still embezzle.

Announcements like this is the government's way of telling us "see this money o we want to steal it". Only the wise would discern.

6 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Teewhy2: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
2019 loading anything to get to the good books of the citizens.
Am sure most of those people who didn't the work then won't get the money.
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Nahum777(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
Lol, this country! God knows if I become president, at least 5000 people will see jail and many people will die by hanging for their past crimes. We will carry out thorough investigation from 1960 till date, set up a special court for corruption and get rid of all the old politicians and cabals by force. Then we need to sensitive Nigerians, they need to know that only us can build our country and no one will build it for us. Train some new set of intelligent Police guys, disarm the present police and use them for something else just to keep them employed. Focus on production and invest real big on technology. Offer ministerial jobs to skilled professionals only and monitor them big time to end corruption. Bring Nigerian professionals from all over the world to come help fix this gaddamn country.

It's not that hard to lead a country, but we have unwilling and dumb leaders.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by arantess: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
Angels are waiting still
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Ahmed0336(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nahum777:
Lol, this country! God knows if I become president, at least 5000 people will see the jail and many people will die by hanging for their past crimes. We will carry out thorough investigation from 1960 till date, set up a special court for corruption and get rid of all the old politicians by force
Easier said than done. This country no be joke!!

12 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by IamAirforce1: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
Good news if true

Election don reach , dem wan score political points .

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by 9jaArea: 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
This is good, PDP will soon come out to spill hatred.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
This is good.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by merit455(m): 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
Money that my uncle has been waiting for..,.

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by kolaaderin: 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
ozo13:
Naira rain. Election don reach

at least its raining in the right direction, not like the way it was shared for nothing during the last election

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Omeny: 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
If this is real, for the first time ever, l will say Sai Baba.

Also the lopsided appointments need to be looked at seriously. It has never ever be like this.

Thank You.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Paruz1015(m): 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nice one from the government of the day

5 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
Is it prorated for inflation?

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Ziggylady(f): 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
LordofNaija:
grin All for 2019. At the rate Buhari is going I'm pretty sure he will approve my marriage to Aisha soon

Now that is savage!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by deepwater(f): 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
lol

kolaaderin:
The Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, said
“You should know it won’t be paid through my ministry before somebody will say I take some of it. It will be paid by finance through a process, and that process will commence very soon,’’ he said.

Oga minister self no say something go loss inside the money, hence he exonerated himself ontime grin

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly / Supreme Court Judge, Sylvester Nwali Ngwuta Is Dead / LASTMA Officials And Bus Driver Battle It Out In Lagos Traffic. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.