Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,291 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements (30333 Views)

Sadiya Umar Farouk Approves Payment Of Stipends To Exited N-Power Beneficiaries / Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" / Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by hammer6F: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
Oblang:
By the time those that will be paid respond by voting, some useless ppl that was sharing money to monarchs and so called elderstatemen when they were in power will be shouting it was rigged...

GEJ no agree hear word.

Buhari might be a crap President but he knows how to corner opinion poll.

GEJ had this opportunity but for some reason, he was carried away with infrastructure that will take 20 years to complete when u can just settle workers.

Many of them were still living as of 2010 and 2011.

No he went to pay very Rich Oba.

I hope other politicians from South are watching and learning.

I was one of the few people screaming pay Nigeria airways staff and Nitel staff back then.

https://www.nairaland.com/2066712/breaking-news-ex-nigeria-airways

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by blazer2018: 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
PDP can condemn for Africa...waiting for their foolish reactions.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by hammer6F: 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=sexyanyabubakar post=69615448][/quote]

If u know, u know...
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by ceejay80s(m): 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
Titus fish go swallow this one too like the snake story
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by ozo13(m): 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
kolaaderin:

at least its raining in the right direction, not like the way it was shared for nothing during the last election
na so bro

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by sexyanyabubakar(f): 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
TheUbermensch:
Money that they will still embezzle.

Announcements like this is the government's way of telling us "see this money o we want to steal it". Only the wise would discern.

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Firefire(m): 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
hammer6F:
BUHARI SHOULD PUBLISH, HOW MANY ARE STILL ALIVE.

WE NEED NAMES OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM COLLECTING THAT MONEY ON A LIST PUBLISHED, WITH THEIR PICTURE.

SAY NO TO CORRUPTION.

grin the criminals will loot the money.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by semyman: 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2018
LordofNaija:
grin All for 2019. At the rate Buhari is going I'm pretty sure he will approve my marriage to Aisha soon
Lunatic, Maggot infested skull, government should eradicate baby factories to avoid things like this

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by arsenal33: 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
LordofNaija:
grin All for 2019. At the rate Buhari is going I'm pretty sure he will approve my marriage to Aisha soon
Better the his predesessors.
Give credit to who it is due

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by BrAkingNews: 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
This is old news. This happened in 2017? OP, why na?
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by arsenal33: 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
hammer6F:
AFTER 60% OF DEM HAVE ALREADY DIED OF HUNGER AND SICKNESS.

MY COUNTRY POLITHIEVIANS, NO GO KILL PERSON.
NA PDP KILL THEM
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by datribune: 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
kolaaderin:
The Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, said on Wednesday the Federal Government has approved the payment of N45billion severance package to former staff of the defunct Nigeria Airways.

The national carrier was liquidated by ex- President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration in 2005, and the workers had been embarking on protests nationwide over their unpaid entitlements.

Sirika told State House correspondents at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting that money has been approved for the settlement of the entitlements.

“Governments, in the past, decided just to liquidate Nigeria Airways without tending to the issue of the entitlements of the workers and they have been struggling to get that paid. We came in and took it very seriously.

“I’m happy to announce that Mr. President has approved N45 billion which has been confirmed to be the entitlements of these workers and Ministry of Finance has been instructed to pay the money. The ministry wrote to me last week that they have received the instruction to pay these workers, and therefore, they are setting up the modalities to pay.

“You should know it won’t be paid through my ministry before somebody will say I take some of it. It will be paid by finance through a process, and that process will commence very soon,’’ he said.

The minister disclosed that the Council approved the procurement of operational vehicles for Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) and the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).

God bless President Muhammadu Buhari who though did not cause d problem has shown deep compassion for d plight of these workers who were relieved of their livelihoods in a conscienceless scam against our nation which d PDP called privatization.
Today, Nigeria has lost these assets forever & d funds from privatization looted. Thank u PMB for having compassion on these senior citizens who served Nigeria with their youth

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Adeyinka123: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
Thank you Buhari. You have brought smile to my family. GOD shall guide your footsteps

4 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by hammer6F: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
BrAkingNews:
This is old news. This happened in 2017? OP, why na?

SO FROM 2017 TILL NOW, BUHARI HAVE NOT PAID DEM?

IF AFTER DECEMBER 2018, STILL NO PAYMENT, THEN BUHARI WILL NOT PAY DEM.

IT JUST LOOK GOOD ON FP OF NEWSPAPERS. grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by arsenal33: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
Jethrolite:
2019 is making this useless government perform.
Better than bribing Obas

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by BestDude: 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nahum777:
Lol, this country! God knows if I become president, at least 5000 people will see jail and many people will die by hanging for their past crimes. We will carry out thorough investigation from 1960 till date, set up a special court for corruption and get rid of all the old politicians and cabals by force. Then we need to sensitive Nigerians, they need to know that only us can build our country and no one will build it for us. Train some new set of intelligent Police guys, disarm the present police and use them for something else just to keep them employed. Focus on production and invest real big on technology. Offer ministerial jobs to skilled professionals only and monitor them big time to end corruption. Bring Nigerian professionals from all over the world to come help fix this gaddamn country.

It's not that hard to lead a country, but we have unwilling and dumb leaders.

That is why people like you will never smell that seat. They don't want people like you there, including those you hope to fight for. They like the way things are currently being run... Even the masses like it...

Don't deceive yourself bro...

You have lofty dreams for your country but sad truth is that, Nigerians don't want people like you. Forget all their complains... They deserve current state of what has befallen them..

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by bfjuliusyahoo(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Good one there. Drilling Fluids training School, you want to be a mud engineer? www.globatmudschool.com
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by LordofNaija: 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
arsenal33:

Better the his predesessors.
Give credit to who it is due
Don't be a dickhead son
Think with your head that's what it is for.
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by bixton(m): 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nahum777:
Lol, this country! God knows if I become president, at least 5000 people will see jail and many people will die by hanging for their past crimes. We will carry out thorough investigation from 1960 till date, set up a special court for corruption and get rid of all the old politicians and cabals by force. Then we need to sensitive Nigerians, they need to know that only us can build our country and no one will build it for us. Train some new set of intelligent Police guys, disarm the present police and use them for something else just to keep them employed. Focus on production and invest real big on technology. Offer ministerial jobs to skilled professionals only and monitor them big time to end corruption. Bring Nigerian professionals from all over the world to come help fix this gaddamn country.

It will only happen if you lay the corruption file to the international community to investigate and procescute those found wanting.
If you try to do such by yourself as a president, your wife will be the first to advice you against it and also make sure you have not lied or cheated someone before otherwise someone from your past will start telling stories about you .
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by madgoat(m): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
evansjeff:
Someone somewhere is having sex right now despite all the problems we are facing in this Country
Heartless people. cry

Someone somewhere like me just wanked with Vaseline grin
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
twilliamx:
Good one. Although most of them were incompetent and part of the crew that ran the carrier aground. Still a good gesture from FG. They should carry their wahala and go.
did I hear u rightly? Most of the crew still stand as the best hands in aviation till date. If you are in the industry, you would know. Get your facts right

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by kunyeo(m): 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
LordofNaija:

No. It is not everything that is about 2018.The process started over 2 years ago and a dear old friend of my that has been suffering from poverty would be a beneficiary!

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by plaetton: 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
Sheuns:
shocked

At least they remembered the old staff. Their sweats (for those still alive) haven't gone in vain. Hope someone somewhere won't hold back or delay the payments sha, cos this is Nigeria.
Nigeria Airways had one operational aircraft and 8,000 employees for several years before being liquidated.
Even 75% of the staff were ghost workers.

This gesture is just the easiest way to siphon N45b from the national treasury; ammunition for the 2019 campaign.

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by arsenal33: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
LordofNaija:

Don't be a dickhead son
Think with your head that's what it is for.
Return that phone to the owner.
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
gabbijason:
45billion for how many staff?
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Talknochip(m): 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2018
But i tot dis money was approved like a year or two ago after d Former employees demostrated in Kano or so?! e remain severance of som former PHCN staff sha....
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2018
plaetton:

Nigeria Airways had one operational aircraft and 8,000 employees for several years before being liquidated.
Even 75% of the staff were ghost workers.

This gesture is just the easiest way to siphon N45b from the national treasury; ammunition for the 2019 campaign.
75% ghost ko, bush baby ni

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by olalat(m): 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
LordofNaija:
when will you people start reason like human being. The first and second bail outs was because of 2019. Didn't your state governor benefitted from the gesture. He released Paris club refund which the useless past administrations could not pay. Your governor did not object to it. I guess it was cos of 2019 as well. You people seem hate to hear any good news coming out from this country. You rejoice on every bad news just to justify your hate fill impression about this administration. Nigeria is surely moving on without you lots.

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by noruwasman(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
deepwater:
lol

Oga minister self no say something go loss inside the money, hence he exonerated himself ontime grin

That's a brave politician for you
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by frowland(m): 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2018
evansjeff:
Someone somewhere is having sex right now despite all the problems we are facing in this Country
Heartless people. cry

I don't get
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by AdeMoss: 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2018
twilliamx:
Good one. Although most of them were incompetent and part of the crew that ran the carrier aground. Still a good gesture from FG. They should carry their wahala and go.

This is totally false. I have worked with an airline and most of these airlines and traininh schools are managed and run by ex staff of Nigeria Airways. Obasanjo's move was political.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Ihateyoumod: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nahum777:

because u r a dictator.....u will just speak and so shall it be...... If u have a senatetht opposes these things u have stated up der what will u do??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians To Own N5m Solar Systems At N4000 Monthly / Jonathan’s Motorcade Rescues Accident Victims / How To Vote On Election Day, What Finger To Use - INEC issues Alert [MUST-SEE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.