Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. (2457 Views)

Atiku Returns To Nigeria Ahead Of Crucial PDP NEC Meeting / Tinubu Due To Arrive Abuja Ahead Of ‘Crucial Meeting’ Tomorrow / APC Makes U-Turn, Disowns Its Own Campaign Logo Tweeted By Buhari Himself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by hatchy(f): 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
- The leadership of R-APC is said to be scheduled for a meeting with President Buhari on anti-defection talks today, July 22- The faction is also said to have drafted a list of seven strong demands it wants met before dropping defection plans- The demands reportedly include return of Saraki and Dogara as Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives in 2019 respectively among other things.The Nigerian Tribune is reporting that the leadership of the Reformed All Progressives Congress (R-APC), a faction of the ruling political party, has made no fewer than seven crucial demands from President Muhammadu Buhari for it not to defect.

The newspaper reports that the two sides had agreed to hold a make-or-break meeting on the defection of members of the R-APC today, Sunday, July 22 gathered from reports that the acceptance of the R-APC's list of demands would be crucial to the outcome of the meeting.The demands, according to Tribune include:

1. The return of Bukola Saraki as Senate President in the 9th National Assembly in 2019.

2. The retention of Yakubu Dogara as Speaker of the 9th House of Representatives.

3. The return of party structures to members of R-APC faction displaced by the APC leadership in the process of the last national convention.

4. The dissolution of state executives of the APC that emerged through parallel congresses.

5. A new national convention must be held and a new strong executive would be elected.

6. Automatic return tickets to all members of the R-APC in the Senate and House of Representatives ahead of the 2019 election

7. Stopping of all legal actions against members of the R-APC who are currently standing trial.

The newspaper quoted a source as saying that“A high-powered delegation of the Presidency visited Senator Danjuma Goje last week where it was promised that his impending case could be softened.

Another of such delegation had also visited some top and influential R-APC members. The plan is to cause a division in the R-APC and stall the mass defection."One key part of the agenda is to prevent the R-APC and the PDP from gaining majority in the Senate and the House of Representatives.

The meeting on Sunday at the Villa will decide the fate of the APC, the R-APC and the planned merger with the PDP.”
The newly launched R-APC reportedly secured the buy-in of 30 senators and 60 members of the House of Representatives.

Members of the faction were said to have kick-started moves aimed at ensuring their defection to the main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in a matter of weeks.

https://www.naija.ng/1181836-r-apc-7-demands-crucial-anti-defection-meeting-buhari.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8874905929
Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by akezn: 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
huh
Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by Oche211(m): 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2018
Na wa ooo. They are making impossible demands that they know the party cannot meet

2 Likes

Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by Burukpe: 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
The Senate President should beware of Adams oshiomole, who is a known second greatest liar since he became Governor. He deceived GEJ into believing that he will support him for his second term bid, but turned
around to witch-hunt him. Therefore,RAPC watch your back properly before you act.

7 Likes

Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by Burukpe: 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Whatever you sew today that you shall reap
Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by Young03(m): 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
I first know it
They are all fighting for themselves, selfish interest

Just look at their demands
Oshiomole will do wonder to them

1 Like

Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by Ojiofor: 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2018
Buhari will accept any agreement but will back out after election Saraki and co should know better.anyway wetin concern me sef.

1 Like

Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by Sharpshooota: 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
Lol these people are jokers

I trust APC to promise them all they want

And later show them the true meaning of the party

All
Promises
Cancelled....... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by ITbomb(m): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2018
Burukpe:
The Senate President should beware of Adams oshiomole, who is a known second greatest liar since he became Governor. He deceived GEJ into believing that he will support him for his second term bid, but turned
around to witch-hunt him. Therefore,RAPC watch your back properly before you act.
I think Saraki is smart
After Oshiomole promised him oil wells, return ticket etc, Saraki asked him to put it in writing, the double face liar ran away

3 Likes

Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by TheFreeOne: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
Fear and desperation ti takeover. They keep losing sleep daily.

I hope this time he'll be on his knees begging. Such picture will 'break the internet' cheesy

2 Likes

Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by Lovemaester: 12:39am On Jul 23, 2018
Saraki can go Bleep his abuja bitch nothing is going to happen, if HE decamps he looses if he stays no sp for him after 2019, he is a bleeping thief assfucking mother.fucker Ilorin smelly bushfucking puss.y

1 Like

Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by tomakint: 2:57am On Jul 23, 2018
ITbomb:

I think Saraki is smart
After Oshiomole promised him oil wells, return ticket etc, Saraki asked him to put it in writing, the double face liar ran away

My brother, you took the words out of my mouth on this grin cheesy grin Saraki is playing a very deadly game of wits till the very last drop. Check it, his lieutenants have since left APC, Saraki, though a very desperate, ambitious politician, will drag is defection till APC is heading for the rocks before his defection, guess what, Saraki's camp are actually against Tinubu and I can assure you that if PDP clinch 2019 Lagos will be the next target and that time you will see brutality at its peak as Tinubu is the target here for his greed and rapacious attitude on political matters in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by koboko69: 3:17am On Jul 23, 2018
Burukpe:

Stop all these silly lies. Oshiomole supported and voted GEJ against his own party in 2011 and not in 2015.
Do u know what witch hunt even means?
All these kids just dey make NL tire person everyday.

3 Likes

Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by Samcoflex75(m): 4:23am On Jul 23, 2018
These stupid people are not even bothered about the masses, all they are after is themselves, you hardly see them holding meetings on how to develop the country
Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by KingLennon(m): 4:48am On Jul 23, 2018
Burukpe:
Whatever you sew today that you shall reap
What you sew is what you wear grin
Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by KingLennon(m): 4:50am On Jul 23, 2018
No.5 and 6 will not be possible. But if they should defect to PDP, PDP will become stronger and Buhari needs his loyalists now than ever...
Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by jowhyte(m): 4:57am On Jul 23, 2018
koboko69:

Stop all these silly lies. Oshiomole supported and voted GEJ against his own party in 2011 and not in 2015.
Do u know what witch hunt even means?
All these kids just dey make NL tire person everyday.

Be informed and don't try to distort fact. GEJ gave oshiomole free and fair election second tenure without using any military, security and federal might to upturn and manipulate his second tenure elections. Something apc didn't do in edo, Ondo and now ekiti.

He might be right, maybe he deceived GEJ promising him 2011 election kind of support if his (oshiomole) 2nd tenure election his not rattled
Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by koboko69: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2018
jowhyte:

Be informed and don't try to distort fact. GEJ gave oshiomole free and fair election second tenure without using any military, security and federal might to upturn and manipulate his second tenure elections. Something apc didn't do in edo, Ondo and now ekiti.

He might be right, maybe he deceived GEJ promising him 2011 election kind of support if his (oshiomole) 2nd tenure election his not rattled

Lol...you are a clown.
Military was not deployed during Edo election?
For ur info, Oshiomole was very popular in Edo his first term, he was a working governor and the people of Edo loved him. I am from Edo and I know how Igbins left Edo state. Jonathan would have been foolish to try and rig that election. Oshiomole did almost nothing in in 2nd term which could have made rigging easier to restore PDP to power in Edo but alas, APC was already on control of the federal level.
The bitterness of loosing Ekiti and Ondo is still hunting you, Ekiti gate that brought Fayose to power have suddenly been forgotten by you. All the intimidation of Ameachi, blocking of opposition convoys by military,grounding opposition aircrafts and the likes that characterised Ekiti elections 2015 elections have suddenly been forgotten by you. Can u tell me which governor have been humiliated by a commissioner of police the way Ameachi was humiliated by Mbu? Can u tell me which opposition convoy have been blocked bu military men? Can you tell me which opposition aircrafts have been grounded by this regime. You PDP and Jonathan ass lickers usually have deliberate short memories. Go just go and drink your feeder.
Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by Daviddson(m): 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2018
Unconfirmed news which is like a repetition of what we've been seeing during Saraki's CCT trial, and the next minute it'll be on the front page. So whacky a website that should be competiting with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Even Telegram app that came a few years ago is already 1 million miles ahead of this nonsense website, and is churning out new features every now and then, while this one stays the same, as if they swear for am. grin

Seun, if you don tire to update this one-man site, why not just sell it for N10m to a serious investor who'll turn it around into a 21st century forum, and go to Bahamas and enjoy yourself? cool
Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by KingRagnar: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2018
Everything the R-APC are seeking for are quite reasonable except the request to hold another convention. Oshiomhole won fair and square, so there is no need for a re-election. Left to me, I would do like Oshiomhole said, to purge APC from weeds if I were PMB. But I believe, PMB knows what's right, hence his move for reconciliation
Re: R-APC Makes 7 Demands Ahead Of Crucial Anti Defection Meeting With Buhari. by Belluchii: 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2018
This rAPC are always asking for impossibilities,although some of them are reasonable based on the fact that they want to use the reasonable ones to back the unreasonable ones, it is glaring that they are making this move for selfish reasons, if Dogara and Saraki are qualified to retain their positions, they don't need to carry out any form of protest to retain their positions, Oshomole's election was fair, i don't know why they are looking for fresh convention, Stopping of all legal actions against members of the R-APC who are currently standing trial is unconstitutional, if they are found guilty, they are supposed to face the law.[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (Reply)

How Nigerians Are Reacting To Atikus Tweet Celebrating Adadevoh / Aisha Buhari On Festus Adedayo’s Sack / 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Must Resist The New Visa On Arrival Policy For Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.