Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,415 members, 7,843,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Myths About Adoption That Should Be Buried Once And For All - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Myths About Adoption That Should Be Buried Once And For All (525 Views)

I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption / Son Insists 94-year-Old Father Must Not Be Buried In Imo / Husband And Wife To Be Buried Together In Imo After Dying One Month Apart. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myths About Adoption That Should Be Buried Once And For All by Uranus1: 2:29am On Jul 23, 2018
Adoption is still very much stigmatized, despite how many families grapple with infertility and the teeming number of children that desperately need a safe and loving home.
One would think that people would look at families that adopt with love and admiration but what we find is that people sideline the adopted children and make the adoptive parents feel less than real parents.
These forms of discrimination have spun myths such as the following and they have to stop.
1. Parents can never love their adopted children as much as their biological ones
They say blood is thicker than water but it's not just blood that determines strong affinity. People can bond based on experiences.
2. Real parents show up later
Though the movies make us assume this, in reality, it doesn't happen as often.
3. Letting the children know their biological parents will lead to trouble
In the event that the birth parents are known, allowing the children know about them hardly ever constitutes a problem. Rather, it gives them a true sense of their identity.
4. All adopted children are emotionally unstable
This is far from the truth. Some adopted children may have trouble adjusting but it all depends on individual experiences. It's not a given that adopted children are unstable.
If you are considering adopting a child, don't let the stigma stop you from doing so. Also, if have already adopted a child, remember that people will always have misguided notions on the matter. Insulate yourself emotionally against that. Seize ridiculous questions as moments to educate people and if you prefer, refer them to the right books and other materials that will enlighten them.

https://www.nigerialog.com/family/myths-about-adoption-that-should-be-buried-once-and-for-all/new/#new
Re: Myths About Adoption That Should Be Buried Once And For All by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:42am On Jul 23, 2018
Good thread.
Re: Myths About Adoption That Should Be Buried Once And For All by hisgrace090: 3:06am On Jul 23, 2018
To me every well to do family should adopt an orphan as a way of help to mankind.

Those who morck people who adopted children are marely those who have concluded and rejoicing that the couple will never live with children out of hate.

2 Likes

Re: Myths About Adoption That Should Be Buried Once And For All by slydog(m): 6:51am On Aug 06, 2018
hisgrace090:
To me every well to do family should adopt an orphan as a way of help to mankind.

Those who morck people who adopted children are marely those who have concluded and rejoicing that the couple will never live with children out of hate.
My plan is to have two kids from my wife and adopt a third kid as my way of helping mankind. I will treat him/her like my own child. I wish I could know the process of adoption.
Re: Myths About Adoption That Should Be Buried Once And For All by hisgrace090: 6:56am On Aug 06, 2018
slydog:

My plan is to have two kids from my wife and adopt a third kid as my way of helping mankind. I will treat him/her like my own child. I wish I could know the process of adoption.

Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Photos Of Three Young Brothers With Their Only Newborn Sister / Ayesha Name Meaning In Urdu / Help!!! My Neighbor's Son Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.