Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF (24293 Views)

Buhari Orders Ngige To Step Down From Ongoing Negotiation With ASUU / Get Your Facts Right On Nigeria, Buhari Tells International Community / Ngige To Faleke: "You Are A Small Boy, I No Get Time For You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by CharliParker: 8:40am On Jul 23, 2018
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by REDshouse(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2018
Oshiomole needed cover up from ngige cos he was former chairman of the board... And Ngige has refused...

Now we have new matters Arising
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 23, 2018
When has APC become an administrative arm of the government?

1 Like

Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by sunnyblue26: 8:44am On Jul 23, 2018
APC Chairman is now equal with our President... is alright
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by malcom2x(m): 8:47am On Jul 23, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:
I would prefer to think that the article is untrue. But if it is true, then has APC chairman become the president? Why should he be giving orders/ ultimatum on issues bothering around FG agency?

Take it from who knows.
This is a planned drama to show competence from APC. Party members don't issue public notice or order to another.

1 Like

Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by nzube89(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by mfm04622: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:
I would prefer to think that the article is untrue. But if it is true, then has APC chairman become the president? Why should he be giving orders/ ultimatum on issues bothering around FG agency?

That is the normal thing in democracy.

The party chairman can query even the President, not to talk of ministers. Problem in Nigeria is after election, the party chairmen go to sleep. Oshiomole is tell the world he is different
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by Galaticos444: 8:51am On Jul 23, 2018
Esseite:
What really is the difference between NSITF, PENSION CONTRIBUTION.
pension contribution takes care of u after retirement but nsitf takes care of ur welfare while on active service
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by wirinet(m): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2018
Paperwhite:
So ministers are now taking orders from APC party chairman And someone will say Buhari is the one in charge in Nigeria?

Yes o!.. Especially when such minister is eyeing governorship candidate nomination in the near future.

Now, what is remaining is for osho baba to send his list of candidates for appointment into NSIFT Board.

1 Like

Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 23, 2018
Galaticos444:
pension contribution takes care of u after retirement but nsitf takes care of ur welfare while on active service

But it has been restricted to only the private sector.. while most of the private sector have HMO atleast.
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by LZAA: 8:56am On Jul 23, 2018
Christian590:

Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige has faulted the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, on the constitution and inauguration of the board members of federal agencies and parastatal under his ministry.

The APC chairman, in a letter, had given the labour minister one week within which to constitute the board of the parastatals and agencies under his ministry. The parastatals and agencies are the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), National Directorate of Employment (NDE), National Productivity Centre (NPC), and Michael Imoudu Institute for Labour Studies (MINILS).

But, Ngige, in his reply, explained why he would not constitute the Board of NSITF within the one week ultimatum given by Oshiuomhole. He expressed disbelief that such a letter could emanate from the APC chairman. He said: “Our National Chairman, I am in receipt of a letter referenced APC/NHDQ/ GEN-S/28/018/003 dated July 11, 2018, which was sent from your office and received by me on July 12, 2018. Ordinarily, I would not believe the letter was from you except for the barrage of media statements that came before I saw the letter. I read the contents of this letter with both amazement and utter disbelief.”

The minister said he had reconstituted three boards out of the four agencies and parastatals under his ministry, but has not been able to constitute the board of NSITF because of cases of financial malfeasance, which have put the agency under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

“Three agencies have been reconstituted and members were inaugurated on March 8, 2018, in conformity with a presidential directive. All the three boards are currently operational. The only agency left out was the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), which, before the directive, had been enmeshed in major issues of corruption, involving about N48 billion, comprising Federal Government and employers’ contributions to the Employees’ Compensation Fund, plus some non-remitted PAYE taxes, which were carted away through well perfected sleaze operation. This resulted in the agency coming under the EFCC’s investigation/prosecution of members of the former board and some of her serving officials.

“An Administrative and Financial Panel of Enquiry was instituted with a presidential approval as a follow – up to the criminal investigations. This was followed by a House of Representatives Committee on Labour and Employment probe in March 2018, which is still ongoing.

“Comrade National Chairman, you are aware of this situation and you had broached this issue with me during your campaign period, when I visited your campaign office. Due to the fact that a lot of the information available to me as a minister are classified, I had told you that I will brief you later and, at our last meeting, during a function on Saturday, July 7, 2018, I had sought for an appointment for the next day, so I could brief you on the situation.

“I’m not oblivious of the fact that you are a very interested party in the matter because having served as chairman of the NSITF board before the last board, and as a former Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) president, you would be interested in the tripartite colouration of the board being maintained. More so, as labour still remains your base constituency. Mr. Chairman, a lot of the classified information from the EFCC, the Auditor-General of the Federation’s “spot check” report for an organisation with an account that has not been audited for five years – 2013 – 2017, are not within your purview. In view of all these damaging reports, I had a presidential permission not to inaugurate this particular board at the time we did the others.” http://mognews.com/2018/07/23/ngige-to-oshiomhole-you-got-your-facts-wrong-on-nsitf/
The horror show continues
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by samfuntua: 8:58am On Jul 23, 2018
I’m not oblivious of the fact that you are a very interested party in the matter because having served as chairman of the NSITF board before the last board, and as a former Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) president, you would be interested in the tripartite colouration[i][/i] of the board being maintained. More so, as labour still remains your base constituency. Mr. Chairman, a lot of the classified information from the EFCC, the Auditor-General of the Federation’s “spot check” report for an organisation with an account that has not been audited for five years – 2013 – 2017, are not within your purview. In view of all these damaging reports, I had a presidential permission not to inaugurate this particular board at the time we did the others.”

is Oshe baba having personal interest in the matter ? or is he jittery of the outcome of the ongoing corruption investigation of NSITF being one of its former chairmen?
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 23, 2018
Esseite:
What really is the difference between NSITF, PENSION CONTRIBUTION..

It just seems like a conduit pipe...

Buhari is a useless president bro

Nigeria has so many useless paradtatals and.ministeries set up just to give jobs to the children of politicians

If Nigerians government is properly audited you would sthat over 70% of these ministeries are useless
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by Awoleesu(m): 9:03am On Jul 23, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:
Nna I tire o! Exactly my thoughts... Later some buffoons will want to shove it down our throats PMB is in-charge! smh...
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by wirinet(m): 9:07am On Jul 23, 2018
Azmodan:

Buhari is a useless president bro

Nigeria has so many useless paradtatals and.ministeries set up just to give jobs to the children of politicians

If Nigerians government is properly audited you would sthat over 70% of these ministeries are useless

and it was Buhari that created the parastatals (or any parastatal for that matter). You guys must have nightmares every night with buhari tormenting you.
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by othenok(f): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

NSITF-----Insurance incase of injury or death 1% of your gross monthly pay

Pension remittance for future flexing grin

NSITF is 1% contribution made by Employers on behalf of their Employees in case of work related injuries or death. Depending on the type of injury, the Employee would be enjoying benefits in form of the salary he would have been enjoying prior to his getting injured till he attains retirement age when pension would take over.
In the case of death, the late employee's loved ones would be paid monthly till when pension would take over too.
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by othenok(f): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2018
Esseite:

NSITF handles injuries and even death which occurred in the course of work. Occupational injuries and accidents encountered in course of doing one's work. In case of death, the dependents of the person are well taken care of till the age which the deceased would have retired then Pension takes over.
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by osazeeblue01: 10:01am On Jul 23, 2018
That's Oshiomole doing the work of Buhari.

Oshiomole should stop taking weed.
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by modestdude(m): 10:09am On Jul 23, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Lol nope i dey Finance Dept with an NGO so we dey prepare all this deductions on payroll grin
Bros na SamDaddy help you secure that juicy job? Abeg help me na, am from the same Ikeduru with you o.
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by Dezzy1636(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2018
[quote author=ybalogs post=69624787]N242 billion Naira for 2019 elections. Our population is approximately 200 million. Please, we don't want election in 2019. Just share the money. N1 million to each person through our accounts and BVN and continue with your second term.
Just thinking aloud ni ooo. Who is with me ? ���[/quote

At this age you are still making such erroneous calculations......that money if shared cannot sufficiently pay NYSC coppers for 6 months....
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2018
wirinet:

and it was Buhari that created the parastatals (or any parastatal for that matter). You guys must have nightmares every night with buhari tormenting you.

Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by Yankee101: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2018
A house divided against itself
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by Rolings: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2018
Esseite:

I understand the pension atleast keep up to par, but i have not heard of entitlements or payments made to private employees from NSITF despite years of contribution.

Then you need to make more enquiries before coming out to talk authoritatively on what you have not heard of. If you have anyone in any big construction company like Berger rcc etc ask them
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by ahbey(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2018
Esseite:

Dear,

NSITF is Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund. It is expected for every organisation operation in Nigeria to pay 1% of their staff Gross Pay to this Body every month, is an Employer contribution anyway, not employee. The main importance and benefit of NSITF is just for insurance cover during the staff employment period with the organisation, ranges from death, injuries of all degree. My colleagues who passed on in my organisation family is enjoying this insurance cover now, until the children reach the age of 21 years old, they will stop payment.
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by debolayinka(m): 11:53am On Jul 23, 2018
ybalogs:
N242 billion Naira for 2019 elections. Our population is approximately 200 million. Please, we don't want election in 2019. Just share the money. N1 million to each person through our accounts and BVN and continue with your second term.
Just thinking aloud ni ooo. Who is with me ? ���
Zombie looking for a way to retain Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by Deltatoto: 11:55am On Jul 23, 2018
Christian590:

Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige has faulted the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, on the constitution and inauguration of the board members of federal agencies and parastatal under his ministry.

The APC chairman, in a letter, had given the labour minister one week within which to constitute the board of the parastatals and agencies under his ministry. The parastatals and agencies are the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), National Directorate of Employment (NDE), National Productivity Centre (NPC), and Michael Imoudu Institute for Labour Studies (MINILS).

But, Ngige, in his reply, explained why he would not constitute the Board of NSITF within the one week ultimatum given by Oshiuomhole. He expressed disbelief that such a letter could emanate from the APC chairman. He said: “Our National Chairman, I am in receipt of a letter referenced APC/NHDQ/ GEN-S/28/018/003 dated July 11, 2018, which was sent from your office and received by me on July 12, 2018. Ordinarily, I would not believe the letter was from you except for the barrage of media statements that came before I saw the letter. I read the contents of this letter with both amazement and utter disbelief.”

The minister said he had reconstituted three boards out of the four agencies and parastatals under his ministry, but has not been able to constitute the board of NSITF because of cases of financial malfeasance, which have put the agency under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

“Three agencies have been reconstituted and members were inaugurated on March 8, 2018, in conformity with a presidential directive. All the three boards are currently operational. The only agency left out was the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), which, before the directive, had been enmeshed in major issues of corruption, involving about N48 billion, comprising Federal Government and employers’ contributions to the Employees’ Compensation Fund, plus some non-remitted PAYE taxes, which were carted away through well perfected sleaze operation. This resulted in the agency coming under the EFCC’s investigation/prosecution of members of the former board and some of her serving officials.

“An Administrative and Financial Panel of Enquiry was instituted with a presidential approval as a follow – up to the criminal investigations. This was followed by a House of Representatives Committee on Labour and Employment probe in March 2018, which is still ongoing.

“Comrade National Chairman, you are aware of this situation and you had broached this issue with me during your campaign period, when I visited your campaign office. Due to the fact that a lot of the information available to me as a minister are classified, I had told you that I will brief you later and, at our last meeting, during a function on Saturday, July 7, 2018, I had sought for an appointment for the next day, so I could brief you on the situation.

“I’m not oblivious of the fact that you are a very interested party in the matter because having served as chairman of the NSITF board before the last board, and as a former Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) president, you would be interested in the tripartite colouration of the board being maintained. More so, as labour still remains your base constituency. Mr. Chairman, a lot of the classified information from the EFCC, the Auditor-General of the Federation’s “spot check” report for an organisation with an account that has not been audited for five years – 2013 – 2017, are not within your purview. In view of all these damaging reports, I had a presidential permission not to inaugurate this particular board at the time we did the others.” http://mognews.com/2018/07/23/ngige-to-oshiomhole-you-got-your-facts-wrong-on-nsitf/
useless Biafra man but you are busy infusing anambra ppl into d agency
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by j1mmy: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
The president, VP and chief of staff to president ONLY have the powers to compel minister to do tasks like these. party chairman is for elections, party activities and management not for ministers or council of state.
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by Kdon2: 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2018
millionboi:
D only Igbo man in buhari carbint

Igbo and ass licking are like five and six. SMH
Re: Ngige To Oshiomhole: You Got Your Facts Wrong On NSITF by goaldynboy: 3:34pm On Jul 23, 2018
ybalogs:
N242 billion Naira for 2019 elections. Our population is approximately 200 million. Please, we don't want election in 2019. Just share the money. N1 million to each person through our accounts and BVN and continue with your second term.
Just thinking aloud ni ooo. Who is with me ? ���

A thousand one million naira make one billion naira!

Therefore, one million naira can only go round N242,000 people, out of that money (N242billion)

Simple maths!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omojuwa, Ogunlesi, Ogundamisi Receives 4 Million Monthly From Osinbajo-leadersng / Segalink To EFCC: 'To Probe Tinubu, You Don’t Need Petition' / Unpaid Workers Stranded At Atiku's Campaign Headquarters In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.