Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,836 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons (24143 Views)

IPOB Publishes Names Of Militants, Commanders Behind Killings In South-East / Reported Killings In Nigeria: Breakdown Of Affected States, Geopolitical Zones / APC Moves To Take Over Power In Abia, Commences LG Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Umueme: 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
Demolition of A line, C line and medical line commences.
:
Government Special Announcement

Abia State Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has directed the commencement of redevelopment work in A-Line, C-Line and Medical Line in Ariaria International Market, Aba from midnight of Wednesday, 8th September, 2021.

The redevelopment work which will ensure reconstruction of internal roads, new drains for proper storm water channeling and new ultra-modern shops with car parks, police and fire service posts in the first phase will also include works on A-Line and associated lock up shops, C-Line, Surgical Line up to Enyimba gate, kitchen utensils shops and Medical Line is expected to be concluded with minimal disruptions to trading activities at the other lines.

The Governor further directs that all existing allottees affected by the redevelopment work must be returned to their shops as a matter of utmost priority before new off takers are considered.

In light of the above, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has approved the setting up of a project implementation and monitoring committee with the following members:
a. Sir Michael Egwu, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Trade & Investment
b. Mr Obi Collins (aka O Collins)
c. Mr Emma Ohia (aka Emma Italo)
d. Mr Johnson Agwata
e. Elder Emeka Igara
f. Mr Obichukwu Daniel
g. Aba Area Commander, Nigeria Police Force
h. Representative of Department of State Services
i. Representatives of relevant LGAs (Aba North & Osisioma)
j. Traditional Ruler and youth leader of Ariaria community
k. Representative of Christian Association of Nigeria, Abia Chapter
l. Mr Ugochukwu Alaribe
m. Comrade Nelson Nnanna Nwafor
n. Hon. Okey Ogbonna
o. Mr Johnson Peter
p. Representatives of Ministries of Works, and Lands
q. Prince Okpanku Paul
r. Mr Alozie Ihmabulaotu
s. Hon Sopuruchi Bekee
t. Mr Jesse Ukachukwu
u. Chief John Okiyi Kalu ( Chairman)
As further directed by the Governor, the list of existing allottees in the affected lines will be published tomorrow, Wednesday, September 8, 2021, for verification with the concerned allottees expected to review the list and report any omission or other errors therefrom to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Trade and Investment or the undersigned for necessary correction.
As agreed during the final harmonization meeting with the Governor on Tuesday, September 7, at the Governor’s Lodge, Aba, all those affected in this phase of the work are expected to remove their wares latest by close of business on Wednesday, September 8, 2021, to enable work commence in earnest and conclude before the end of the first week of December 2021.
Thank you.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commissioner for Information, Abia State
07/09/2021

https://m.facebook.com/1071837852/posts/10222256520456555/?app=fbl&refsrc=deprecated&_rdr#_=_

As Abia State government publishes the names of affected traders to avoid cheating or loss of shops of the traders

:
List of Allottees in A-line, C-line and Medical Line of Ariaria International Market
As directed by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, find attached the list of current shop allottees in A-line, C-line and Medical line in Ariaria International Market, Aba.
The Governor has directed the appointed developer and the state Ministry of Trade & Investment to, as a matter of topmost priority, ensure that they be restored to their shops after reconstruction of the affected Lines before any new allotment of shops takes place.
All concerned should review the list and report any omission or other errors to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Trade and Investment or the undersigned for necessary correction.
Kindly note that dislocated traders who are yet to privately arrange alternative shops in the market can contact the state ministry of trade and investment for assistance.
Thank you.
Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commissioner for Information, Abia State
08/09/2021

https://m.facebook.com/119961132055926/posts/857332381652127/?app=fbl

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Umueme: 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
More...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Pointblank09(m): 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
OK

3 Likes

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Umueme: 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Yobabad: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
A step in the right direction

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Umueme: 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
Some list of names of the affected traders.
For complete list go to.... https://www.facebook.com/119961132055926/posts/857332381652127/?app=fbl

https://www.facebook.com/119961132055926/posts/857121871673178/?app=fbl

Abia State Govt has also asked anyone who doesnt see his or her name to complain to the office of the governor

2 Likes

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Umueme: 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
For those asking if it will be completed, the pictures below are that of Ngwa road market demolished 2 months ago as of last month

13 Likes

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by longetivity(m): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hope the kerosene governor won't construct another jagbanjantis

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Bigwin2018: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
Will he complete this project? It's just a question that's bothering me heavily.. I pray and hope he completely rebuild this Aria Aria market with good water drainage system and other amenities that befit an international market. May God help you..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
Chia to finish this project na next government

6 Likes

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by greatiyk4u(m): 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Better late than never

Your name is following you seriously

10 Likes

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by BKayy: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Let it be known everywhere that I, BKayy Chukwu is in support of the demolition of this eyesore which have served as a focal point of disgrace to the people of Ngwa and Ndigbo nile at large.
Ya gazie

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by RZArecta(m): 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
Dirtiest market I've visited in my life embarassed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by chatinent: 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
Abia a Na Na ikpeazu.
Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by GerogeI(m): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2021
Someone should let the Governor know that lockup shops are outdated.

He should use the opportunity to build a multi floor mall or trade complex. And allocate shops to the traders indoors.

Provide for bulk storage, traded items need only be few on display in shops for individual buyers.

Bulk buyers will be dispatched from bulk loading gantry near bulk storage warehouses.

Transport out of the facility should be buy rail to a trucking terminal at least 20 mins away.

Shoppers should have a private car park outside the facility, with a centralized mordern bus service roving from the complex to car park and bus terminals on a timed schedule.

He should please think beyond the local and plan for the future.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Skillsnigeria: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Jerryherd: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
cool

This is very very good from Ikpeazu

That was how Seyi Makinde stole our shops in the guise of renovation at Sango besides the police station, after Ajimobi had already completed the project to 60%

8 Likes

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by QueenVaji: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
fools
Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
Good one
Demolish the whole thing and rebuild better
Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by GuyWise(m): 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Ikpeazu has singlehandedly changed the tale of Aba and Abia at large.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by SensualMan1(m): 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Tueh!

Second most dirtiest state in Nigeria. Second to Ibadan.

Abia state in same league with Ibadan, Akure, Osogbo, Abeokuta, Ado ekiti. Dirty states of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Franzinni: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Igbo people are organised I tell you very organized ... If they have a country and still remain this driven boy! Iam moving there straight....I went to isolo, after 7 years and I couldn't recognize the place again .. the igbos have transformed it with beautiful everything.

I used to insult igbos out of ignorance but the evidence has changed my view... Weldon guys

Some go vex but I can't epp myself.

But I won't be surprised that a lot of blood had to flow.. to complete it ... "runs out of thread"

20 Likes

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Taejimin(f): 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Been a long time coming.
Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by soft101: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ok
Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Nkarchi: 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oh... See chukwudi life inside gutter

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by sammirano: 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
Most Dirty people in Nigeria. argue with your keyboard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
RZArecta:
Dirtiest market I've visited in my life embarassed

hahaha .... maybe you came in the rainy season abi?

1 Like

Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by GetYourPaypal: 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
Still making verified Paypal Business account for your business that can send and receive money from anyone in the world.

Hit me up via my signature to order yours.
Re: Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons by HugeDan(m): 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
Good move but coming a bit late. Should have been on of his first projects.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, Jonathan Hold Talks In Aso Rock / Atiku Visits Kwankwaso In Abuja / Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.