Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (130981 Views)

God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / Wedding Photos: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo’s Son, Tomi Weds Dorothy In Style / $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Tudor6(f): 11:15pm On Jun 16, 2010
Is it not the sam basterd ashimolowo that was indicted for embezzling over £200,000 in church funds and buying an £80,000 porsche for his birthday using church money? What a thieving idiot

i respect TBJ anyday above the likes of kleptomanic animals like Adeboye, Oyedepo and co
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Joagbaje(m): 12:16am On Jun 17, 2010
The Clown:

I think Pastor TBJ's problem is english language. We expect him to talk like an intellectual, quote books, and relate events in logical sequence of occurrence. But truth is he is not as educated as the men of God most of us are farmilier with and he might not be relating the matters in his life in accordance with any laid down procedure. Again, understandings of spiritual terminologies are not the same unless you are used to their frequent use and judging from TBJ's claimed background, we cannot say with certainty that he understands some questions in the light with which they were asked.

You have spoken my mind here. The man coins his own vocabulary to express himself and sometimes use wrong terms which somebody else might take him on.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by stunt1(m): 12:35am On Jun 17, 2010
I beg leave TB alone for now, the man don get alot of fans for Nairaland now, i believe the stone dem keep till to day na there him power dey, ride on TB
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by josite: 5:52am On Jun 17, 2010
a man that was sick and healed was asked whether the pastor that healed him was this or that.he simply replied"whether he is this or that i dont know,all i know is that i once was sick and he healed me.

personally i dont believe in TB JOSHUA and will nevr allow him to lay hands on me but again i once believed in ASHIMOLOWO and will then allowed him to lay hands on me and obey his instruction to bring so much money because GOD has brought him from a 1000 miles to ensure all uncompleted projects are usually completed within 52 weeks.i however do not believe ASHIMOLOLOWO ANY MORE and will also not allowed him to lay hands on me again.

The fact that T.B JOSHUA doesnt conform to ashimolowo analysis of who a born again is doesnt mean TBJ is not.i believe they are really jealous of the man because the man has succeded to attract more dollars to his ministry,the very dollars they went all out to get.

TBJ may not be as eloquent but he is definitely solving problems for people and it is not ashimolowo "s business to injure the man:s trade since he too carried on his own money spinning trade and was in fact investigated by the BRTITISH AUTHORITIES FOR CARRYING ON A PROFIT YIELDING BUSINEES UNDER THE GUISE OF GOSPEL.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by fuke(m): 6:08am On Jun 17, 2010
Chiddysville:

You must really be a first class hypocrite to have opened your mouth to judge another person. Have you taken out time to know the man you are accusing? for white men not having visited your village in 1965 is not a criteria for God. He makes use of whoever pleases Him no matter think. One thing you be after is, is TBJ bearing good fruits? Do you know that christianity is all about action and not what is said by mouth? From mere watching from afar, this man has truly won more souls for Christ than all your material and fun seeking pastors although that is not for me to judge. pls, kindly give respect to whom respect is due

Some of you guys amuse me. Because one  can give his opinions free here you throw decorunm and finess to the winds and murder couth on the alter of ego. Most  times your  self imposed fury blinds you completely and   makes it impossible for you to comprehend simple passages. One wonders the kind of schools you attended and who your teachers were. You could make your point without being vulgar. Ojota garage language should not find a space here.  Go back to my post, I didnt Judge Pator Joshua but merely made some observations .

1. Let  Pastos Joshua continue his work because  he has patronage and I believe Gods approval too.

2, If he wants to be in the flock of Pastor Anisulowo and co whatever you call them, let him satisfy their entry requirements.

3. Let him call witnesses to add credibility to his position.

4. I say it again, there were no  whitemen anywhere in former Ondo province in 1963, unless proved otherwie.

Pastor Joshua is fighting a credibilty problem. If he comes to the press, he and you his friends should expect his releases to be srutiniced. If you do not like to be wet do not go to the river.

Now, I take exception to calling Efon-Alaye a village. My town is one of the biggest in Ekiti state and a local government council headguaretrs. If you know Nigeria well, you will understand that a local government headquarters in the SW cannot be a village. I do not know where you come from, but you sound like somebody who works at Ojota and sleeps at Ajegunle.(apology to great guys,especially musicians and spotsmen who rose from the slum to get to the top)

@ Me sef

Thanks brother. My belief. All those things, whether good or bad happened because God allows them. If it is beneficial to people, let the music continue. Thank God for polished gentlesouls like you. You even called me Mr. You are not like some people I know suffering from buccal diarrhea.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Plange: 7:25am On Jun 17, 2010
@eddy1977: who introduced john the baptist?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Shinatu: 8:17am On Jun 17, 2010
fuke:

Some of you guys amuse me. Because one  can give his opinions free here you throw decorunm and finess to the winds and murder couth on the alter of ego. Most  times your  self imposed fury blinds you completely and   makes it impossible for you to comprehend simple passages. One wonders the kind of schools you attended and who your teachers were. You could make your point without being vulgar. Ojota garage language should not find a space here.  Go back to my post, I didnt Judge Pator Joshua but merely made some observations .
1. Let  Pastos Joshua continue his work because  he has patronage and I believe Gods approval too.

2, If he wants to be in the flock of Pastor Anisulowo and co whatever you call them, let him satisfy their entry requirements.

3. Let him call witnesses to add credibility to his position.

4. I say it again, there were no  whitemen anywhere in former Ondo province in 1963, unless proved otherwie.

Pastor Joshua is fighting a credibilty problem. If he comes to the press, he and you his friends should expect his releases to be srutiniced. If you do not like to be wet do not go to the river.

Now, I take exception to calling Efon-Alaye a village. My town is one of the biggest in Ekiti state and a local government council headguaretrs. If you know Nigeria well, you will understand that a local government headquarters in the SW cannot be a village. I do not know where you come from, but you sound like somebody who works at Ojota and sleeps at Ajegunle.(apology to great guys,especially musicians and spotsmen who rose from the slum to get to the top)

@ Me sef

Thanks brother. My belief. All those things, whether good or bad happened because God allows them. If it is beneficial to people, let the music continue. Thank God for polished gentlesouls like you. You even called me Mr. You are not like some people I know suffering from buccal diarrhea.

My view exactly. Somebody does a comparative analysis by mentioning what he knows about the happenings in his village years back and you call him an hypocrite? Haba!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by suxes2006(m): 8:29am On Jun 17, 2010
I fink we just need to read from his book like som1
said here. Do not condemn him maybe he chose
not to tell any1 where he came from

SHALOM
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Kinsa(f): 10:35am On Jun 17, 2010
@studor, your don;t have the right to call a man of God BASTARD. I pray God forgive you
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by jokingmary(m): 11:34am On Jun 17, 2010
So to become a pastor you have to register to be one of them
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by lysaa(f): 11:41am On Jun 17, 2010
I respect Pst matthew, just finished listening to one of his sessions on TBN and It's inspiring. I've also read thru that excerpt from T.B Joshua's story and It's also inspiring.

The question that kept popping up in my head while i was reading thru this man's story is 'why have the ppl in these schools from his past not come out to vouch for his credibility. Evil perpetuates when good men fold their hands and do nothing. .how true! Yet, as much as this is true, ppl would say that they are fake and paid to do it if they tried/try. How sad!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Kinsa(f): 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
[/quote][quote author=lysaa link=topic=463322.msg6230176#msg6230176 date=1276771277]

Evil perpetuates when good men fold their hands and do nothing
How true, stand for the truth, stand for what is RIGHT. Get to the word. Know it for yourself.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by warripekin(m): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
Mathew Ashimolowo is a business man , motivational speaker and may be pastors a church . TB JOSHUA is a prophet and a man of God . The difference is 7up .
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by skyndyp(f): 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2010
Is Pst Ashimolowo God to speak about another man of God this way? Salvation is personal,and it's God that knows the heart of each of us. This is so disgraceful.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by jcross19: 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2010
are you telling me that you can't be a pastor until you have master that trained you ahahahahahahahahahahahahaah i can feel something like have said any pastor that takes luxurious life as a priority is a fake am talking those scams .
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 17, 2010
I dont think Pastor Ashimolowo is the real author of this thread, he`s a respected and accompished man of God with the fame and fortune to go with. He has absolutely nothing to gain by raising such a trivial issue.
This is a clear case of impersonation.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Acidosis(m): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2010
These so called men of God should leave this man for God's sake.
Come to think of it, how many of these pastors have done/can do half of what he's doing for people IRRESPECTIVE OF HIS DENOMINATION.
Instead, they build universities & colleges which many of their members can't even afford despite the huge offering they paid.
T.B Joshua is a blessing to this generation!
Look at the way he brought up the best u17 player in the world(Sanni Emmanuel) and many others,
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by martinosi: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
fuke:

My take on Pastor Joshua is this.

If he performs miracles as people say and the white people even
come to him, he should just continue because I believe those miracles
will not be possible without Gods approval.  God can work through anybody.
 I have seen very drunk people prophesing correctly. Now when he says
 he is in the flock of Asimolowo, Okonkwo, Ajiboye he has to prove it.
  You do not practice law in court without going to law school.

As for this biography, I have 2 little problems.

1. let somebody from that school, a teacher or a student corroborate this.
    Pastor Joshua himself should have named a witness to add credibility to his story.

2. I was born in 1955 and I did not meet white men working in my town. If pastor Joshua
   was born in 1963, it is very unlikely he met white men at Arigidi in Former Ondo province
    like Efon Alaye where I come ffrom.

i rest my case.

oh Dear ! Oh Dear ! Oh Dear!, Nigerian Preachers that proclaim the name
of Jesus are still suspect to start with, but a Nigeria so called
Preacher that does not tell us his roots or how he began or source
is a "NO NO", "BEWARE BE SO WARY, AS THIS IS NOT GOOD"

O.K Can we start here with this T,B Joshua - Where was he Born
what state is he from? where did he school?, Any Nigerian who cant
give you a straight forward answers is just "suspect beyond any doubt", Period

Nigerian churches are going through a crises at the monent
and Many people are profiting from the IGNORANCE OF THE MASSES
IN CHURCHES IN NIGERIA,

In Nigeria a Preachers prays for peopls and they get healed and before
you can say "Pronto" every babatunde, emeka etc starts to follow him, Such a shame!!! the sad thing is that only the star preacher can perform.

, meanwhile in America, in California, Bethel church , a preacher gets anointed to heal the sick and miracles start happenning in his church and he teaches his peoples how to flow in the supernatural and even the teenagers in the church are praying for people and tumours, cancer etc is disappearing from peoples bodies!!! people with amputated limbs are prayed for by these teenagers and their limbs instantaneously grow out, a man who has lost his left eyes due to ingury is prayed for by a teenager of this church and instantly a new eye appears!!!( I have witnessed this live!!!) and these are just american teenagers praying for people!!! and the senior pastor of these teenagers is soo happy that the members are learning and doing the works he does,

but not sooo in Nigeria, one star preachers with power and 5 thousand plus
powerless members, ever hearing on sunday and cant do 1% of what the pastor does, such a shame!!!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Chiddysville(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
oh Dear ! Oh Dear ! Oh Dear!, Nigerian Preachers that proclaim the name
of Jesus are still suspect to start with, but a Nigeria so called
Preacher that does not tell us his roots or how he began or source
is a "NO NO", "BEWARE BE SO WARY, AS THIS IS NOT GOOD"

O.K Can we start here with this T,B Joshua - Where was he Born
what state is he from? where did he school?, Any Nigerian who cant
give you a straight forward answers is just "suspect beyond any doubt", Period

Nigerian churches are going through a crises at the monent
and Many people are profiting from the IGNORANCE OF THE MASSES
IN CHURCHES IN NIGERIA,

In Nigeria a Preachers prays for peopls and they get healed and before
you can say "Pronto" every babatunde, emeka etc starts to follow him, Such a shame!!! the sad thing is that only the star preacher can perform.

, meanwhile in America, in California, Bethel church , a preacher gets anointed to heal the sick and miracles start happenning in his church and he teaches his peoples how to flow in the supernatural and even the teenagers in the church are praying for people and tumours, cancer etc is disappearing from peoples bodies!!! people with amputated limbs are prayed for by these teenagers and their limbs instantaneously grow out, a man who has lost his left eyes due to ingury is prayed for by a teenager of this church and instantly a new eye appears!!!( I have witnessed this live!!!) and these are just american teenagers praying for people!!! and the senior pastor of these teenagers is soo happy that the members are learning and doing the works he does,

but not sooo in Nigeria, one star preachers with power and 5 thousand plus
powerless members, ever hearing on sunday and cant do 1% of what the pastor does, such a shame!!!

I'm highly disappointed in the sheer ignorance you displayed here. Have you been to Synagogue before to know that it is only Tbj that prays for people. FYI, there are many ministers of God who are working day and night to bring smiles to the faces of afflicted people through healing and deliverance. Why can't you take a trip to synagogue to see things for yourself before trying to run him down? Do you even know how many pastors that have been raised by this man who are doing extremely well in their chosen ministries. Is it because they have chosen to serve God and humanity and not playing to the gallery that they are being persecuted like this? If you are jealous of the gift of God in their lives why can't you pray to God to do same for you or your pastor. Pls always do your research before you open your mouth to condemn people out of ignorance
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by teskyg: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2010
I am a Catholic and i Don't believe in all this new generation pastors.I am compel to point out that TB Joshua is better than all of them.His benevolence and spirit of helping the poor put him above all of them.We can understand their envy and frustrations.While the fly in exotic Jets and collecting whatever is left from their followers,TB J dishes out to the poor.While their followers wallow in abject poverty, the flaunt their wealth on the faces of their poor worshipers.

I like TB J for his one thing,his generosity which has made a difference in a lot of homes.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by mecussey(m): 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2010
Trying to convict TBJ or discussing him is a deep deep damn thing; what I do is to listen to the word of God and knowledge he preaches, and he does it very well.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by KoikiM: 7:59pm On Jun 17, 2010
So what is the essence of this autobiography and what exactly does it show/prove?

That T.B. Joshua is a phoney
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by jomarq(m): 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2010
your so called gods pastors can kill but you may call TBJ satan or fake pastor but he save many souls with wish ever power that he posses.so which one do you prefer?A HUNGRY FREE MAN OR FEED WELL SLAVE.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Chiddysville(m): 8:53pm On Jun 17, 2010
That T.B. Joshua is a phoney

when fools talk you will definitely know
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by abbeytoyin: 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2010
may GOD have mercy on us.Guys, leave everything to God to judge.who are u to judge others?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by ifihearam: 10:11am On Jun 18, 2010
In the magazine (I wish you keep that interview and put it on the web), it practically settled the matter of Joshua or T.B Joshua. Certain questions were asked him (and I believe the person who asked him must be a committed Christian). "Tell us when you were born, when you became a Christian." And he said: "I have been a Christian from when I was born." Zero, Zero, Zero! You do not inherit Christianity. - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo

Pastor Matthew is a man I have great respect for, for the sake of clarity, let me say here that you can become a christian by birth. When you fill forms and you are asked of your religion, you are either a christian, muslim, traditionalist, etc. What you cant be by birth is a "believer" (or a born-again). On that note, T.B. Joshua was right to have told the reporter he was a christian from birth.

I think most people (elites especially) find it difficult to accept people who made it from a different route from theirs! This is in no way an approval or disaproval of the ministry of Prophet T.B. Joshua

MY DEAR FRIEND BEING A CHRISTIAN IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM BEING BORN AGAIN AND ACCEPTING CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOUR,IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE BORN INTO A CHRISTIA FAMILY BUT NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU ARE BORN AGAIN BECAUSE SALVATION IS A PERSONAL THING.

I only sense jealousy in all these TB Joshua criticisms.

Back in the '90s when TB Joshua has no swagger or followership, how many of all these funky pastors did care tp trace his roots?

Now that the man has got followership which is = more money and swagger, they are now on his case like 24/7.

I can only say its jealousy. Period!

Me sef I no trust TB Joshua but I trust him a million times more than ashimolowo, chris okotie and chris oyakhilome.

THERE IS N SENSE OF JEALOUSY BECAUSE THE LIKES OF PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE(RCCG IS THE MOST SUCCESSFUL AND POPULATED CHURCH IN AFRICA,BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO(WINNERS CHAPEL RECORDS ABOUT 150,000 PEOPLE ON SUNDAYS,AND MATTHEW ASIMOLOWO HAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST AND POPULATED CHURCHES IN ENGLAND WHICH OF COURSE ALL OF THE ABOE MENTION NAMES ARE MORE SUCCESSFUL INTERMS OF RECOGNITION AND MEMBERSHIP STRENGTH THAN T.B JOSHUA,NOT TO MENTION PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by shevalync: 11:43am On Jun 18, 2010
THERE IS N SENSE OF JEALOUSY BECAUSE THE LIKES OF PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE(RCCG IS THE MOST SUCCESSFUL AND POPULATED CHURCH IN AFRICA,BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO(WINNERS CHAPEL RECORDS ABOUT 150,000 PEOPLE ON SUNDAYS,AND MATTHEW ASIMOLOWO HAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST AND POPULATED CHURCHES IN ENGLAND WHICH OF COURSE ALL OF THE ABOE MENTION NAMES ARE MORE SUCCESSFUL INTERMS OF RECOGNITION AND MEMBERSHIP STRENGTH THAN T.B JOSHUA,NOT TO MENTION PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME

story story,and so what?If they are more successful in recognition and membership why are they attacking the guy.TBJ is really doing a gr8 job. he has touched more lives than a the pastors you mentioned combined u cant ague that or can you?
I KNOW MY SHEEP AND MY SHEEP KNOW ME
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Chiddysville(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2010
can you tell how these people mentioned above have touched the lives of ordinary people like Jesus did? my dear it is simply how far but how well. try and be a thinking christian for once and behold your eyes will be opened. A case of many are called but few are chosen
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by polosco(m): 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2010
I like what pastor Ashimolowo said, it proves points from the bible dat says try all spirits if they be of God and prove all truth and hold on to the truth. B4 God everyone will be held accountable 4 wat he believes and wat he didnt believe, not TB not any other pastor, find God out by yourself, read the Bible and understand God, He reveals Himself to people. I leave every judgment to God who sees in the secret and judge in the open, just that it might be too late for both TB J and his followers assuming they are wrong, I pray that God will give light to His people so as to avoid the evil people around us daily.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by KunleOshob(m): 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2010
@Post
Why should pastor Ashimolowo's opinion matter? After all he is a confirmed false teacher/ con man and a merchandizer of the gospel. Him and his likes don't any credibility to comment on matters like this.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by kolaoloye(m): 5:31pm On Jun 18, 2010
KunleOshob:

@Post
Why should pastor Ashimolowo's opinion matter?[b] After all he is a confirmed false teacher/ con man and a merchandizer of the gospel. [/b]Him and his likes don't any credibility to comment on matters like this.

May i know who and who confirmed these and how it was done?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by noetic16(m): 5:35pm On Jun 18, 2010
^^^^He ends all his sermons asking for SEED . . . . does he worship money?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Phillip Frimpong Biography: Meet Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband To Be / Myles Munroe, His Wife & Daughter Are Dead (Plane Crash) / Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.