Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,127 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (131016 Views)

God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / Wedding Photos: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo’s Son, Tomi Weds Dorothy In Style / $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by kolaoloye(m): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2010
@noetic,
Your response has not answered my question.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by noetic16(m): 6:15pm On Jun 18, 2010
^^^ I did not attempt to answer ur question. I only stated an observation and asked a question. Perhaps u should wait for kunleoshob to come and clarify his statement.

but u could also answer my question. . . , does ashimolowo worship money?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by KunleOshob(m): 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2010
@Kola
The bible confirms he is a crook in 2 peter 2:1-3 and titus 1:11, if you need more scriptural confirmation he is a fraud I would gladly oblidge.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by polosco(m): 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2010
I like what pastor Ashimolowo said, it proves points from the bible dat says try all spirits if they be of God and prove all truth and hold on to the truth. B4 God everyone will be held accountable 4 wat he believes and wat he didnt believe, not TB not any other pastor, find God out by yourself, read the Bible and understand God, He reveals Himself to people. I leave every judgment to God who sees in the secret and judge in the open, just that it might be too late for both TB J and his followers assuming they are wrong, I pray that God will give light to His people so as to avoid the evil people around us daily.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by kolaoloye(m): 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2010
Let us look at 2 peter 2: 1-3
" But false prophets arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you.
These false teachers will infiltrate your midst with destructive heresies, even to the point of denying
the Master who bought them.

As a result, they will bring swift destruction on themselves.
And many will follow their debauched lifestyles. Because of these false teachers,
the way of truth will be slandered.

And in their greed they will exploit you with deceptive words. Their condemnation pronounced
long ago is not sitting idly by; their destruction is not asleep.

Where is the proof that Ashimolowo is a false prophet?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by polosco(m): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2010
Plange:

@eddy1977: who introduced john the baptist?
john the baptist was introduced in the old testatamnet my brother, he has been foretold to come and prepare the way of the Lord, Jesus. Read your bible i said in my earlier post.READ THE BOOK OF LIFE and neva be misled. GOD is real.

warripekin:

Mathew Ashimolowo is a business man , motivational speaker and may be pastors a church . TB JOSHUA  is a prophet and a man of God . The difference is 7up .
God has given to every man/woman (we are self same one, no difference), a business in life if you market the gift of God in you you will never lack again, no one is at a cross road, without gift, talent or endowment, just that many don't utilize it, bible says, A man's gift will make room 4 him, he will stand b4 great men and not b4 mere men. Moreover, a man of God giving people opportunity to be blessed is not a business man cos it is necessary to give to be blessed, bible says no one shd appear b4 God empty, and wat you sow is wat you reap, there4 if there is som1 in the church who is not giving i'll advise d person 2 change cos he's only limiting himself. D widow of Zarephet had to give 2 Elijha wat she had taught of eating and waiting 4 death, but she gave it and neva had to die, so asking people 2 give is an opportunity to have a take at living d God given life to the fullest. (I rest my case, thanks.)
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by shevalync: 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2010
polosco:

I like what pastor Ashimolowo said, it proves points from the bible dat says try all spirits if they be of God and prove all truth and hold on to the truth. B4 God everyone will be held accountable 4 wat he believes and wat he didnt believe, not TB not any other pastor, find God out by yourself, read the Bible and understand God, He reveals Himself to people. I leave every judgment to God who sees in the secret and judge in the open, just that it might be too late for both TB J and his followers assuming they are wrong, I pray that God will give light to His people so as to avoid the evil people around us daily.
nonsense! u must be one of ashimolowo's followers,as for me am not a follower of any pastor all I know is that TBJ is an example of practical christain.sentiment apart this guy is touching lives,which why the so called PFN or whatever they call themselves are jealous.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Chiddysville(m): 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2010
God has given to every man/woman (we are self same one, no difference), a business in life if you market the gift of God in you you will never lack again, no one is at a cross road, without gift, talent or endowment, just that many don't utilize it, bible says, A man's gift will make room 4 him, he will stand b4 great men and not b4 mere men. Moreover, a man of God giving people opportunity to be blessed is not a business man cos it is necessary to give to be blessed, bible says no one shd appear b4 God empty, and wat you sow is wat you reap, there4 if there is som1 in the church who is not giving i'll advise d person 2 change cos he's only limiting himself. D widow of Zarephet had to give 2 Elijha wat she had taught of eating and waiting 4 death, but she gave it and neva had to die, so asking people 2 give is an opportunity to have a take at living d God given life to the fullest. (I rest my case, thanks.

polosco, let me tell you something you don't understand; YOU CANNOT BRIBE GOD FOR GOD IS NOT A BUSINESSMAN. Most of you claim you are Christians, but your hearts are far from God. You pay the so called tithe not because you love God but because your pastor said you'll reap abundantly. What about the love Jesus talked about? Look around you, so many poor(widows, orphans, less priviledged and even the strangers in your midst) people that really need that love Christ talked about. Pastors are now motivational speakers and dirty businessmen using the bible to deceive the gullible. Do you even know the meaning of someone being called a Christian? You only know a Christian by their behaviour and actions and not by what they say.

Now, using Christ teachings to compare T B Joshua and MR Ashimolowo, who among them is really a christian among the two?

Does belonging to a group automatically qualifies you to be acceptable before God even if your heart and deeds are far from Him?

Have you asked yourself why most of your adored pastors don't follow the main teachings of christ which centres on loving God and our neighbours as ourselves but are rather concentrating on money, money, money. Busy having the best of material things while their followers are wallowing in abject poverty.

Can you look me in the eye and say your pastor is ready to lay down his life for you?

Why are your so called "men of God" using material things to judge and know who is a christian? is that not totally strange to the teachings of Christ?

If you are really a THINKING CHRISTIAN and not a confused follower that is looking for a cheap way to make money, you would have deduced that majority of your pastors are mere wolves in sheep clothing.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by REALTRUTH1: 8:18am On Jun 19, 2010
PFN by definition is PENTERASCALS FELLOWSHIP OF NIGERIA,,,there is no evidence of PENTECOST in PFN,,,,PFN is fraudulent,,,in one of their last general elections,,,it was marred with electoral fraud,,,,what shame !!!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by shanktang(m): 8:30am On Jun 19, 2010
i dont see any wrong in this man and if his ministry is fake it would have collapsed long b4 nw we've seen that happen to many the likes, God is God and He so uses a man just the way He wishes, if He could make a virgin concieve, who says u need a background b4 He uses u. Let God be the one to judge and jail.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by polosco(m): 9:01am On Jun 19, 2010
I am not taking side with any one and those who think they have to be abusive to make a point shd learn that nothing is personal in this matter and no one can fight for God, at His own time He will judge both the living and the dead, but on that day where will I/you be? Is a matter of personal preparation. I'm not a dogmatic follower and no one is advised to follow me foolishly, Paul said follow me as i am a follower of Christ, that means once i am no longer following Christ take cover for your soul!!!!!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by uarikibe: 9:08am On Jun 19, 2010
i love that man so much,it is only God that knows his followers,even if he pretends and perform miracles let it be that he is delivering people from thier predicaments and the way he distributes money and food to the needy make s me feel happy.
you must give to people b/4 they can hear you,can u preach to a man that is so hungry and he listens to you.so please let the man called TB joshua be.thanks
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by KunleOshob(m): 9:36am On Jun 19, 2010
@kola
Ashimolowo is denying christ by his actions, he preaches prosperity gospel and encourages love for money whilst christ warned us against mamon, that aside he preaches deceptive doctrines fueled by his personal greed to fleece the flock on a regular basis.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by thameamead(f): 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2010
Pastor Mattew Ashimolowo should try and help people living on the poverty line, he needs to help bulid schools for the poor not line his pockets with millions of pounds living a life of an over-paid footballer, am sick to death of these so- called pastors living a life of luxury while turning a blind eye to the poor, buying private jets, buying million pound properties abroad outright, building private universities, its always about them living a nice life while half of their congregation live in poverty. same ashimilowo who was b investaged by the charity commission in the Uk when £2M disappeared from the church bank account, he threw a mother of all parties for his wifey a couple of yrs ago @ one of the most expensive hotels in London- Dorchester Hotel, it was a strictly by invation party, he could have used that money to help the poor or buy a scan for a hospital, the party featured in Ovation Magazine
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by shanktang(m): 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2010
i've heard this man was able to raised a dead man sometime ago, its only God that can give u the power to do that, co's the devil does not have the power to give anybody back his life ,its not about charity yes, some of u guys are right about that, but i tell u there some miracles that goes beyound the abilities of the devil to wroth, i've studied this man on somany things, the truth is we as humans becloud our minds with somany reasonings that makes it impossible for us to blieve some certain things can happen out of nothing, can somebody just tell me the background of elijah in the bible yet he did somany great miracles, i am also a christian to the core, and one of the most valuable things i've learnt as a christian is not to judge anybody inspite of who he is, i have no link wth this man nor do i knw anybody that attends his church but i still do not see anything wrong wth him nor wth his ministry.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Bluemoon1(f): 1:04am On Jun 20, 2010
T.B. Joshua is actually a suspicious character bt let's leave everything to God.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by shevalync: 9:16am On Jun 20, 2010
Blue moon:

T.B. Joshua is actually a suspicious character bt let's leave everything to God.

your G.O,PAPA or whatever is not a suspicious character abi?hiss
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Chiddysville(m): 11:25am On Jun 20, 2010

Can you throw more light on this. Pls answer with facts
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by oyedepo1(m): 11:36am On Jun 20, 2010
Let no one judge. Can't people just leave this man alone?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by donnie(m): 10:28pm On Jun 20, 2010
No. . . not until the number of them that should be destroyed is complete. The cup of their iniquity is not yet full.
God raises men for the lifting of many and the destruction of some.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Joagbaje(m): 7:04am On Jun 21, 2010
donnie:

No. . . not until the number of them that should be destroyed is complete. The cup of their iniquity is not yet full.
God raises men for the lifting of many and the destruction of some.

grin grin grin gringrin grin grin gringrin grin grin gringrin grin grin gringrin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by cspear77(m): 10:05am On Jun 22, 2010
Only God can judge anybody. The end will definitely justify the means but for now TBJ remains the only man of God who is currently touching lives like never before and so even if he is not a true prophet, he is adding value to peoples' lives. Lets leave him alone.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by adedayo79: 11:22am On Jun 22, 2010
TBJ,
keep up the Good work
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by mathewjam(m): 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2010
Only Christ knows his,
but all are not my mentors (Ashimolowo or T.B Joshua
But lets aall men of God remember that
people that lives in glass house done through stones
cos tomorrow may be your turn.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Kx: 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2010
Judge not.
God is not Baal, He knows his own.
Let God fight His battle,why judge for Him?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by jookco(m): 6:52am On Jun 23, 2010
Mathew 25:9 Go to them that sell and buy for your self so you don't need to run to T Joshua to pray for you,
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by thameamead(f): 11:37am On Jun 26, 2010
shanktang:

i've heard this man was able to raised a dead man sometime ago, its only God that can give u the power to do that, co's the devil does not have the power to give anybody back his life ,its not about charity yes, some of u guys are right about that, but i tell u there some miracles that goes beyound the abilities of the devil to wroth, i've studied this man on somany things, the truth is we as humans becloud our minds with somany reasonings that makes it impossible for us to blieve some certain things can happen out of nothing, can somebody just tell me the background of elijah in the bible yet he did somany great miracles, i am also a christian to the core, and one of the most valuable things i've learnt as a christian is not to judge anybody inspite of who he is, i have no link wth this man nor do i knw anybody that attends his church but i still do not see anything wrong wth him nor wth his ministry.

its nonsence, no pastor has ever raised anyone from the dead, cured cancer or aids, It's all spin. i don't believe it, such a shame they never have any evidence to back it up, all they do is spend money like over paid footballers and hang out with corrupt politicans instead of lookinh after the poor and underpriviledged, bn a pastor these days is good business, all you do is set up a church with few people, go and visit a cheap babalawo for voodoo to help people flock to your church and that's it, money start rolling in, that's how they do it,
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by otilowaju(f): 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2010
thameamead:

its nonsence, no pastor has ever raised anyone from the dead, cured cancer or aids, It's all spin. i don't believe it, such a shame they never have any evidence to back it up, all they do is spend money like over paid footballers and hang out with corrupt politicans instead of lookinh after the poor and underpriviledged, bn a pastor these days is good business, all you do is set up a church with few people, go and visit a cheap babalawo for voodoo to help people flock to your church and that's it, money start rolling in, that's how they do it, [b][/b][size=8pt][/size]

Really Since you know what they do and how they do it why not go ahead and do likewise? Or, you don't need money?. Please, don't generalise. There are pastors and there are pastors. I rest my case. [s]I didn't want to come to this (Religion) Section in the firstplace. It's too full of arguments and insinuations[/s][sup][/sup].
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by ZAINABABY: 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2010
@ ALLWELL
WE ALL ARE SAYING THE SAME THING HERE. YOU MADE MENTION OF JOHN THE BAPTIST. PLEASE HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT THE ANGEL GABRIEL INTRODUCED JOHN THE BAPTIST. THE ANGEL TOLD US ABOUT JOHN THE BAPTIST.
BUT HERE, WHO/ WHICH PASTOR OR ANGEL INTRODUCED T B JOSHUA.
LET T B JOSHUA ANSWER THOSE ISSUES RAISED BY MATTHEW AND GET HIMSELF FREE ONCE AND FOR ALL. ALL EARS ARE OPEN!!!!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by TheClown: 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2010
Let me tell us why we are all ranting and raving about TBJ being this and being that.

We are modern, attracted to things that ooze with modernity and sophistication, in that, we are entertained.

TBJ oozes with no great carnal learning, his doings, words and attitudes are far from entertaining, his methods are quite alien to the sophisticated, flashy and verbally appealing world of ours.

Thus he's not too successful in mesmerizing our young, pleasure seeking and adventurous minds, consequently, he stands out in his unappealing ways among a crop of Star pastors, our acceptables.

Thus standing out, we point our fingers at him and cry, 'he is fake, he is sinister, he is not born again, !'

Yet we are the same people who threaten to shoot ourselves in the foot to prove that certain pastors, bearing the same fruit with TBJ but of the order of the new methods, are innocents when authentic adverse reports are given about them!

Lets examine our Christianity,
If TBJ is not authentic, look again, the list might not be complete!
And maybe if the list is complete, they might not be acceptable to many, thus rendering it null and void, amidst quoting and counter quoting!

I say again, religion is not a joint venture, rather, it is everyman for himself, God for us all.
Fight therefore for your soul and the best you can do for others is personally admonishing them or praying for them like Saint Monica kept doing for Saint Augustine until God converted him and made him one of the greatest doctors of Christianity.

In condemning, you are either against God or against the Devil and that is known to only God who sees the heart of man.
Zeal is empty without knowledge!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by DeepSoul(f): 12:20am On Jul 08, 2010
So TB Joshua attended Primary and Secondary schools??
Oh wow! And his father was even "learned" way before the arrival of the white men!
Impressive

And yet, somehow, he did not know how to read nor write nor speak English!
(I think he has improved in recent times due to obvious coaching)
How come? Was he asleep during English lessons??

I have never liked TB Joshua. If he likes, let him become Mother Theresa herself. It wont change nada.
But then, neither do I fancy Chris Oyakhilome and co. and their various styles.

In short, these days, it's just me and my God jare. All these pple sef, only God knows. Why break our heads over them? undecided
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by TheClown: 9:12am On Jul 08, 2010
Some people once they've made up their minds about something, they become blind to reason! Too bad. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Phillip Frimpong Biography: Meet Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband To Be / Myles Munroe, His Wife & Daughter Are Dead (Plane Crash) / Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.