Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:21 AM

Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival (6746 Views)

Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation / Buhari Approves Postponement Of National Sports Festival Over Coronavirus / Why Pogba, Lukaku May Not Feature In Manchester Derby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by SCRABBLEBOARD: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2018
There is a Scrabble club closer to you than you think. All is requires is getting the right information.
Facebook is a steady stream of information about Scrabble activities around the nation.

Nigeria Scrabble Federation
Nigeria Scrabble Friends
Nigeria Scrabble Players Forum
Mindgames Incorporated

Are a few among several others.

I once started a coaching page here on Nairaland. We can revive the threads and update of you guys want it.
Scrabble is an amazing passion. You need to get in to appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by hardeyincah(m): 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2018
Newpride:
I’m up. What means?

Oya let’s go, we can do it online

Use the hash Tag #BringBackOurScrabble
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Newpride(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2018

Couldn’t get it right. My WhatsApp number 08109993317 so we can better explanation on how the go abt it. Really need someone to beat me because I’m tired of beating people here
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by lanaVello(m): 12:11am On Jul 24, 2018
Newpride:

Couldn’t get it right. My WhatsApp number 08109993317 so we can better explanation on how the go abt it. Really need someone to beat me because I’m tired of beating people here
Where do you play?
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by CandidSeeker(m): 12:13am On Jul 24, 2018
LordOrochimaru:
Why!!!!!!!!!!

Mention me if u play Scrabble and stay in lag. There is a meetup weekends at Ikeja.

Interested.
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by IghoOvie(m): 1:06am On Jul 24, 2018
Any player in Kaduna should holla me on 08022441711.
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Sammypedro18(m): 7:12am On Jul 24, 2018
Odaliki:
So many incorrect words, nothing like soif, etaira, eue etc.... Any professional player in Abuja should beep me abeg.. 08168280631
I'm down if you are. Where in Abuja?? 08035703399
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Sammypedro18(m): 7:14am On Jul 24, 2018
SCRABBLEBOARD:
There is a Scrabble club closer to you than you think. All is requires is getting the right information.
Facebook is a steady stream of information about Scrabble activities around the nation.

Nigeria Scrabble Federation
Nigeria Scrabble Friends
Nigeria Scrabble Players Forum
Mindgames Incorporated

Are a few among several others.

I once started a coaching page here on Nairaland. We can revive the threads and update of you guys want it.
Scrabble is an amazing passion. You need to get in to appreciate.

Pls kindly link me up to any scrabble club in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by SCRABBLEBOARD: 7:51am On Jul 24, 2018
Sammypedro18:

Pls kindly link me up to any scrabble club in Abuja.

Zalika Garden is the place to be.
Plateau Street, Area 2 shopping complex
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by SCRABBLEBOARD: 7:53am On Jul 24, 2018
IghoOvie:
Any player in Kaduna should holla me on 08022441711.

Kaduna Scrabble club has a Whatsapp group.
I'll ask them to add you up.
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by hefelove(m): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2018
LordOrochimaru:
search 'classic words' on appstore or playstore for iOS and Android respectively
Thanks bro
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Horus(m): 8:40am On Jul 24, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIHKQIUWTvk

Meet Nigeria’s Scrabble King

In Nigeria, Scrabble is a sport, not a game. And Wellington Jighere is just about the best there is. The 2015 World Scrabble Champion is the first African to hold the title. Jighere is hoping to spread his love for the game and put Nigeria on the map for its Scrabble prowess. This is NOT your grandmother's Scrabble.
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by hardeyincah(m): 9:09am On Jul 24, 2018
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIHKQIUWTvk

Meet Nigeria’s Scrabble King

In Nigeria, Scrabble is a sport, not a game. And Wellington Jighere is just about the best there is. The 2015 World Scrabble Champion is the first African to hold the title. Jighere is hoping to spread his love for the game and put Nigeria on the map for its Scrabble prowess. This is NOT your grandmother's Scrabble.

How on earth, will Scrabble be Excluded from National Sport Festival with all these notable achievement?

#BringBackOurScrable

1 Like

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by LordOrochimaru(m): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
CandidSeeker:

Interested.
chat me up on WhatsApp. 08163388585. There is a thread we created on the games section. U can also indicate interest there and u will b added
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Sammypedro18(m): 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
LordOrochimaru:
chat me up on WhatsApp. 08163388585. There is a thread we created on the games section. U can also indicate interest there and u will b added
Link to the thread pls
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by SCRABBLEBOARD: 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2018
LordOrochimaru:
Got message.
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by hardeyincah(m): 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2018
For those who don’t already know, Scrabble was excluded from the forthcoming National Sports Festival despite being the only sport wherein Nigeria is number one globally. We are embarking on a campaign to get the powers that be to reinstate it.
So, please, kindly, I beg (you get what I mean) follow me on Twitter @Wellyjighere and retweet the relevant tweets.
Many thanks and God Bless!
You can also generate your own tweets supporting the campaign not forgetting to add the hashtag #BringBackOurScrabble
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Mindgames: 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
Register for the final MPC scrabble qualifier coming up in Port Harcourt on August 19th. Give yourself a chance to participate in a 500K mega scrabble tournament coming up later in the year.

2 Likes

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by sunnedee2: 12:41am On Jul 25, 2018
Scrabble was and is still my best board game.
Before you can beat me... Hmmm
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Sammypedro18(m): 10:43am On Jul 25, 2018
Mindgames:
Register for the final MPC scrabble qualifier coming up in Port Harcourt on August 19th. Give yourself a chance to participate in a 500K mega scrabble tournament coming up later in the year.
When are you coming to Abuja?
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by SCRABBLEBOARD: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2018
Sammypedro18:

When are you coming to Abuja?

We have done MGI Abuja qualifier.
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by lanaVello(m): 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2018
sunnedee2:
Scrabble was and is still my best board game.
Before you can beat me... Hmmm
Where's your location? Let's link up!
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by sunnedee2: 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
lanaVello:

Where's your location? Let's link up!
I am presently in Ekiti sir
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by lanaVello(m): 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
sunnedee2:

I am presently in Ekiti sir
Oh, I'm in Lagos.
We could play via EA Scrabble app tho
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by sunnedee2: 8:20am On Jul 28, 2018
lanaVello:

Oh, I'm in Lagos.
We could play via EA Scrabble app tho
I am afraid I avoid the online scrabble matches because for me, it's easy to cheat.
Unlike face to face contests where wit and experience comes into play.
All the best bro
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by lanaVello(m): 10:40am On Jul 28, 2018
sunnedee2:

I am afraid I avoid the online scrabble matches because for me, it's easy to cheat.
Unlike face to face contests where wit and experience comes into play.
All the best bro
I totally agree!!

1 Like

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by Rakiticbarca: 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2018
hefelove:
Abeg i have been looking for a very good offline scrabble game. Help me with a link if u know one pls
download wordosaur from app store, you can either play with the computer, or play online with your Facebook friends or with players from other region

Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by pomide(m): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2018
If you can beat Classic Words 'Extremely Hard' AI with you allowing computer to play rare words, please quote me
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by SCRABBLEBOARD: 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2018
SCRABBLEBOARD:

Wos, Scrabble should just do its time in the shithole on its way to the Festival.

In that walk, I will stand for it, by it, with it. Join me please.

The punishment is over. Thank God.

Scrabble has been readmitted to the Sports festival.

Yippie!!!!
Re: Scrabble Will Not Feature At The Sports Festival by nigeriancritic1(m): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
SCRABBLEBOARD:

Zalika Garden is the place to be.
Plateau Street, Area 2 shopping complex

i am interested. 08035209543. I live in Asokoro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Has Nigeria First Invented Sport Gone To? Why? And Where? Has ABULA Gone! / Coronavirus: Bundesliga games, German football suspended / My Top 15 Pound For Pound Boxers Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.