Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:58 PM

Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages (16188 Views)

Innoson Displays More CNG And LNG Powered Vehicles(photos) / Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages / Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by erico2k2(m): 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
greyham:

That e90 won't last a year in Nigeria.
Thats an assumption, wahts the difference between it and any other diesel Engine?
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
erico2k2:

Thats an assumption, wahts the difference between it and any other diesel Engine?

The difference is in the quality of diesel you get here
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
erico2k2:

they have something that warms up the Engine pretty fast
Oil 5W30

Seen. Nice
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by erico2k2(m): 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
greyham:

The difference is in the quality of diesel you get here
well you got a choice, cheap or expenssive diesel.

1 Like

Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
erico2k2:

well you got a choice, cheap or expenssive diesel.

even the "expensive" ones are not safe here
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by erico2k2(m): 9:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
greyham:

even the "expensive" ones are not safe here
How do you think my generator is still running after 5 years?

1 Like

Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
erico2k2:

How do you think my generator is still running after 5 years?

I was talking about your e90 bruh
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by Bjornson01(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2018
But I thought coils and distributors were absent for diesel as compared to petrol, so isn't wiring less in the diesels?
erico2k2:

U said re wire, I said the diesel and petrol are of same wire up to the percentage I gave
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by erico2k2(m): 11:02am On Jul 26, 2018
Bjornson01:
But I thought coils and distributors were absent for diesel as compared to petrol, so isn't wiring less in the diesels?
hmm in the petrol variants are these really an issue?
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by 9icetoo(m): 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
Bjornson01:
It depends. Newer model diesels have wirings going to the injectors to monitor flow rate or other parameters. Volkswagen diesels 2004 and above use electronic diesel injectors which are wired to the brain box. So wiring isnt really less on newer diesels. The crank and cam sensors are also wired.
However, the principle of the operation of the diesel is somewhat simpler. Meaning it should be easier to diagnose.
Unfortunately, here in naija, most of our mechanics have refused to upgrade.

1 Like

Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by 9icetoo(m): 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2018
greyham:

That e90 won't last a year in Nigeria.
Not so true. My friend has been driving an e90 318d since 2013 here in Nigeria. That's what convinced me to buy a Skoda Octavia TDI diesel.
Currently car is down and has refused to start because of an electrical problem.
The e90 is still going strong and will embarrass any NA aspirated 1.8 litre engine it meets on the road. Rode with him all the way to abuja once. Car sprinted down the road like a bunny.
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by Bjornson01(m): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
9icetoo:

It depends. Newer model diesels have wirings going to the injectors to monitor flow rate or other parameters. Volkswagen diesels 2004 and above use electronic diesel injectors which are wired to the brain box. So wiring isnt really less on newer diesels. The crank and cam sensors are also wired.
However, the principle of the operation of the diesel is somewhat simpler. Meaning it should be easier to diagnose.
Unfortunately, here in naija, most of our mechanics have refused to upgrade.
Thanks, very informative.
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by Shalomc(f): 4:01am On Aug 31, 2019
sheffyUTD:

This is someone with a diesel engine experience. Well said. But as for the kerosene cry

I used c220 CDI, Low acceleration but monster speed. Only noisy for the first 1-3 mins. It had a nozzle problem and the useless mechanic messed it up. I was forced to sell it off. I will still still go for a diesel engine in the near future when I chop up.

Two key turn off are the technical know how of our mechanics and very poor fuel quality.
What kind of nozzle problem did it have?
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by Shalomc(f): 4:12am On Aug 31, 2019
erico2k2:

Wrong Diesel cost more.

Haba so for private use...no to diesel
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by Shalomc(f): 4:13am On Aug 31, 2019
oglalasioux:

I'm shocked many people don't know kerosene drives diesel engines. Jet fuel is high quality kerosene.

Bonus:

Nigerian crude oil is so high quality it can drive diesel engines without refining; another advantage of diesel cars.

You'll mess up your nozzles last last

1 Like

Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by Shalomc(f): 4:14am On Aug 31, 2019
BentSpoon:
laffs... Devil forgive u if robbers pursue u with petrol powered engine

We are not talking about your Bedford trucks

1 Like

Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by erico2k2(m): 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
Shalomc:

Haba so for private use...no to diesel
what do you mean for private use? all that we speak of here are of private use when you go commercial Diesel is a winner all day every day if not try and look for a truck with petrol diesel
Re: Diesel-powered Vehicles: Their Advantages And Disadvantages by erico2k2(m): 5:50pm On Aug 31, 2019
Shalomc:

You'll mess up your nozzles last last
U got the wrong Idea, even used vegetable Oils drive Diesel Engines, London busses uses Biodiesel and recycled Vegetable Oils, 90$ of Mcdonald's delivery trucks in the Uk uses their own used vegetable oil to run their trucks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ford’s Self-driving Vans Are Now Delivering Food In Miami / Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells / Lexus LS+ Concept, A Model Planned For An Introduction By 2020.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.