Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years (15756 Views)

10 Unfairly Tough Video Game Bosses That Are Literally Impossible To Defeat / Video Games That Killed People In Real Life (Photos, Video) / EA Sports Makers Of Popular Video Game FIFA Gets Embarrassed See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by Neofingerz: 11:50am On Jul 24, 2018
I kukuma no dey play am
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by lexyman(m): 11:52am On Jul 24, 2018
Vasaratti16:

And you said I copied it from somewhere? I don't copy people's work bro and when I do I give credit to where credit is due.

cc: lalasticlala

Vessarati or what did you call your name ? ? smiley smiley you copied someones work and you keep acting as if your re the original owner ... give credit to the owner ..... whatculture.com owns this article

sorry to burst your bubble grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by EazyMoh(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2018
I stopped reading when I reached Far Cry.
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by Namzy(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2018
I don't accept information about assassin creed and far cry. Both their last games were awesome and well received. Also new assassin creed game is assassin creed odyssey
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by DrayZee: 11:55am On Jul 24, 2018
MobileGees:
In the next five years PES and Gta will be dead

Don't ask me why, let's just wait and see
Lol, chill.
First of all, PES is here to stay (for the next 5 years at least). They've overtaken FIFA in terms of good graphics and seem to have less glitches. It seems the days are gone where PES was for boys and FIFA is for men. PES may actually last for at least 5 more years.

Secondly, I don't really know about GTA, but I think they should have realized how boring the series is getting. I think the next title will be different. If it isn't, then GTA is gone.

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by LucemFerre: 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2018
DrayZee:

Lol, chill.
First of all, PES is here to stay (for the next 5 years at least). They've overtaken FIFA in terms of good graphics and seem to have less glitches. It seems the days are gone where PES was for boys and FIFA is for men. PES may actually last for at least 5 more years.

Secondly, I don't really know about GTA, but I think they should have realized how boring the series is getting. I think the next title will be different. If it isn't, then GTA is gone.

I'm sorry, you say GTA V was boring? shocked

2 Likes

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by MobileGees: 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2018
LZAA:

Pes caused their downfall by copying fifa
GTA,hmm i doubt it,maybe after the 5 years but not within

so you agree with me on PES

Gta is getting boring already that's fact after the Gta vi their petrol go finish.

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by LucemFerre: 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
MobileGees:

Sport games hardly die out...
GTA is the only game in its genre (I mean does it the way it did), it cannot die

2 Likes

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by LucemFerre: 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
MobileGees:

Gta is getting boring already that's fact after the Gta vi their petrol go finish.

How is GTA boring??
VI's trailer isn't even out and you think it's gonna end the franchise... Really?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by CASTOSVILLA(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2018
MobileGees:

Pes You're a pained fifa fan.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by LucemFerre: 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
It's difficult to predict the death of any gaming franchise. Look at beyond good and evil... Took them 15 years to release a sequel
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by bouncin04(m): 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
DrayZee:

Lol, chill.

depends on which console ur playing on ( may be Ps3 or xbox 360) ... but on xbox one and Ps 4.. I'm sorry to say... FIFA is way ahead of PES... thank you
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Video games? Who dey play am?
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by DrayZee: 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2018
LucemFerre:

I'm sorry, you say GTA V was boring? shocked
Man, it's too similar to the rest. Storyline is alright, mostly. And that's usually what matters so maybe GTA will survive. But at times, I just get bored playing it.
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by HyDef(m): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
MGS without Kojima was destined to fail. Worst move Konami ever made.

Call of Duty should have died years ago. Same formula with a different skin, year in, year out. That's why FPS fans are flocking to games like Fortnite and PUBG. Because they bring something new, and they don't cram it down your throat every year.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by DrayZee: 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
bouncin04:
depends on which console ur playing on ( may be Ps3 or xbox 360) ... but on xbox one and Ps 4.. I'm sorry to say... FIFA is way ahead of PES... thank you
The fact that you're using consoles as a vantage point is confusing.
PES18 has better graphics than FIFA18. That doesn't change with console. The same for FIFA18's better gameplay over PES18.
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
HyDef:

Call of Duty should have died years ago. Same formula with a different skin, year in, year out. That's why FPS fans are flocking to games like Fortnite and PUBG. Because they bring something new, and they don't cram it down your throat every year.
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by crafteck(m): 12:54pm On Jul 24, 2018
Mgs is dead, assassins creed is the only game worth expecting
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by LucemFerre: 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
DrayZee:

Man, it's too similar to the rest. Storyline is alright, mostly. And that's usually what matters so maybe GTA will survive. But at times, I just get bored playing it.

Yea, every GTA game gets tiring with time but, I think the only thing similar about GTA V and the rest is the name. The player switching is awesome, graphics and driving mechanics are like 10 years better than IV. Story was great (especially the ending to killing trevor... That dialogue was epic). Have you viewed the game from the sky in the night? The level of details out into that game was crazy. It does lack variety of side missions like San Andrea's though.
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Metal Gear Series
Current Status: Metal Gear Solid is already dead. The reanimated corpse that is Metal Gear Survive - built from the remnants of MGS V's levels and given "life" by generic, business mandated design decisions - simply isn't "a Metal Gear game" in anything other than name.

Sales have been worse than disastrous so far, with a peak player count of 92% less than The Phantom Pain on Steam - and that's before we really take stock of how little the current band of hostag- employees remaining at Konami have to work with from here on out. Hell, decoded messages from within MG Survive point to many members of the team leaving secret messages that ostensibly exist only to get one up on Konami.

The Future: The only reason Survive existed at all was to cash in on Kojima Productions' FOX Engine, and to essentially butcher the canon of the franchise as Konami's own middle finger to Hideo Kojima himself.

Where they go from here is anybody's guess, but there's no creative lead; no semblance of character or forward momentum - nothing other than the most sterile, naked, soulless product possible.

MAYBE there's another "churned out" Metal Gear, but in 5 years this will be nothing more than a memory.

cc: lalasticlala Cao Mynd44 Seun

Why did you fail to credit whatculture?

Are you an unconscionable thief?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by LucemFerre: 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:
Video games? Who dey play am?

People who don't play candy crush

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by LucemFerre: 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
HyDef:

Maybe online, Because COD was good offline up until Advanced warfare which was the last one I played.

But with this stupid no-offline stunt they're planning to pull with BlOps IIII... They're gonna lose people
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
LucemFerre:

People who don't play candy crush
I don't play any
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by HyDef(m): 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
LucemFerre:

Maybe online, Because COD was good offline up until Advanced warfare which was the last one I played.

But with this stupid no-offline stunt they're planning to pull with BlOps IIII... They're gonna lose people

Same here, briefly played WWII, but AW is the latest one I've played extensively.

I hadn't heard of that. That's not going to end well, Ubisoft tried something like that once, and yeah... Didn't end well. And this is on top of the Battlefront controversy. Sometimes I wonder who runs EA.

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by LucemFerre: 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
BecaciaBarbie:

I don't play any

Oops... Alright replace candy crush with selfie 360, Snapchat, house of Tara (whatever that is) etc

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
kodded:
when will they bring back another syphon filter game sad
last night I downloaded Syphon Filter 3 ISO. Been looking around for emulator to play it on PC. E nor gree work. I miss that game and it’s sound track. cry

1 Like

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by LucemFerre: 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
HyDef:

Same here, briefly played WWII, but AW is the latest one I've played extensively.

I hadn't heard of that. That's not going to end well, Ubisoft tried something like that once, and yeah... Didn't end well. And this is on top of the Battlefront controversy. Sometimes I wonder who runs EA.

Ikr... And BF are still on their old settings bullsh!t maybe I'm not gonna play war game this year after all. Well, there is BlOps III, IW, Max Payne 3, NFS reboot, NFS payback that I've yet to play (shrug)
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by LZAA: 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
MobileGees:

j
big time
My pes dy shelf since i first played it
Its absolute garbage
Gta like god of war has one good game left
After that its finished
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by LZAA: 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
stupidity:
last night I downloaded Syphon Filter 3 ISO. Been looking around for emulator to play it on PC. E nor gree work. I miss that game and it’s sound track. cry
If its android buy epsxe from playstore or download matsu player
If its pc search the web and u will see emulators
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by bigsmoke2(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2018
The one that pained me most is the brothers in arms series. I still pray they add another to the series.or at least a remastered version. It by far the best shooter game I ever played. I hate 1st person shooter games

Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by amparas(m): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2018
stupidity:
Use PSX emulator
Re: 10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years by chukzyfcbb: 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2018
Far Cry 3
that game too hard for me, I just tire

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Computer Games To Try Out Before The Year Runs Out / EA To Remove All Russian Clubs & The National Team From FIFA 22 / Nokia Torch Light Game Cheats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.