Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole (5436 Views)

APC Chairman, Oshiomhole Wears New Look (Photo) / Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 / APC Chairman Oshiomhole Meets Galadima, R-APC Chairman (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by 14Ebiscoo: 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2018

Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige has faulted the stand of the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole on the constitution and inauguration of the board members of federal agencies and parastatal under his ministry.

The APC chairman, in a letter, had given the labour minister one week within which to constitute the board of the parastatals and agencies under his ministry.

The parastatals and agencies are the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), National Directorate of Employment (NDE), National Productivity Centre (NPC), and Michael Imoudu Institute for Labour Studies (MINILS).

But, Ngige, in his reply, explained why he would not constitute the Board of NSITF within the one week ultimatum given by Oshiomhole. He expressed disbelief that such a letter could emanate from the APC chairman.

He said: “Our National Chairman, I am in receipt of a letter referenced APC/NHDQ/ GEN-S/28/018/003 dated July 11, 2018, which was sent from your office and received by me on July 12, 2018. Ordinarily, I would not believe the letter was from you except for the barrage of media statements that came before I saw the letter. I read the contents of this letter with both amazement and utter disbelief.

“Three agencies have been reconstituted and members were inaugurated on March 8, 2018, in conformity with a presidential directive. All the three boards are currently operational. The only agency left out was the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), which, before the directive, had been enmeshed in major issues of corruption, involving about N48 billion, comprising Federal Government and employers’ contributions to the Employees’ Compensation Fund, plus some non-remitted PAYE taxes, which were carted away through well perfected sleaze operation. This resulted in the agency coming under the EFCC’s investigation/prosecution of members of the former board and some of her serving officials.

“An Administrative and Financial Panel of Enquiry was instituted with a presidential approval as a follow – up to the criminal investigations. This was followed by a House of Representatives Committee on Labour and Employment probe in March 2018, which is still ongoing.

“Comrade National Chairman, you are aware of this situation and you had broached this issue with me during your campaign period, when I visited your campaign office. Due to the fact that a lot of the information available to me as a minister are classified, I had told you that I will brief you later and, at our last meeting, during a function on Saturday, July 7, 2018, I had sought for an appointment for the next day, so I could brief you on the situation.”

“I’m not oblivious of the fact that you are a very interested party in the matter because having served as chairman of the NSITF board before the last board, and as a former Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) president, you would be interested in the tripartite colouration of the board being maintained. More so, as labour still remains your base constituency. Mr. Chairman, a lot of the classified information from the EFCC, the Auditor-General of the Federation’s “spot check” report for an organisation with an account that has not been audited for five years – 2013 – 2017, are not within your purview. In view of all these damaging reports, I had a presidential permission not to inaugurate this particular board at the time we did the others.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/buharis-minister-fires-apc-chairman.html
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by eagleu: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
See how Oshiomle waxes very strong whenever it comes to Igbo public officials. Remember how he falsely accused Ngozi Okonjo Iweala of all sorts of crimes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by Paperwhite(m): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
Abeg is a minister of the federal republic answerable to the Nigerian constitution/president or party chairman

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by Brooke60(f): 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2018
Hi all, Check my siggy. I will help your small business to grow and stay in business wink
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by orobs93(m): 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2018
why don't we first confirm if what oshiomole told the minister is right or wrong before facing other issues
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by rekeson: 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
He didn't say he will fire the minister, he said he will be suspended or expelled from the party.

Make una no dey twist news. A party chairman can't fire a minister of d fed republic...
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by NnadyAutos: 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2018
Oshiomhole is known as a noise maker and political tout.Unfortunately such a person presides over the leadership of a national party as APC,a tout doesn't know his legal and constitutional limit.He will commit more plunder as time progresses.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by osazeeblue01: 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
Oshiomhole will course more problems in APC.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by middlebeltboy: 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2018
in as much that I like what Oshomole is doing, he should know that he is APC chairman not president of Federal republic....

the midget is acting as if he achieved tangible accomplishments during his reign as governor

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by TWservices: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2018
This is normal now.

Check my signature.
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by Minjim: 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2018
What Apc needs is a disciplined Chairman like Oshiomole.

No party member should be above the party and every public office holder should work in line with the party's philosophy/manifesto.

ANC sacked Jacob Zuma in SA. That's a party that knows what's at stake

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by KenOne: 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2018
With this Oshiomhole will ruin APC i swear, his lack of diplomacy in dealing with issues will be his undoing. If you take on any governor or some strong ministers i swear Oshiomhole will go the way of Bamanga Tukur.

What if Ngige was a technocrat sourced abroad to occupy that ministry without party affiliation.

Oshiomhole will not last as party chairman i am seeing the signs he has handed APC chairman in Delta to another person loyal to Great Ogboru/Omo-Agege as against Emehor loyal group that the then National Working Committee approved their congress and inaugurated, he's also stoking crisis in Imo too.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by rxmusa(m): 5:54pm On Jul 23, 2018
It seems the minister is making sense
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2018
rxmusa:
It seems the minister is making sense
Looking like Osho's insistence us a ploy to cover fraud if N48b. Not forgetting he was board chairman of NSITF

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by Ojiofor: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2018
That ugly midget called Osho can't bully another midget in the person of Onwa.
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by fykes(m): 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2018
Oshomo whatever he calls himself is only being wary that the operations of the trust fund is not investigated publicly so that nobody gets hands on dirty deals to hold him by the balls.
There's always interest in politics
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by Kingseyicoded(m): 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2018
Wonders shall never end in this country
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by blazer2018: 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
I don't know what the fuse it about the directive...how can a minister be overseeing d affairs of a whole ministry without bn checked by a board as provided in d law of d land? Or is d Trust Fund agency dat was accused of using N5.6B to subscribe for DSTV and Fuel within 4 years not under Ngige's ministry?

Oshiomhole is bringing to the table what that ball-less Oyegun couldn't...putting everyone on his toes.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by Jethrolite(m): 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2018
Amitez:

Looking like Osho's insistence us a ploy to cover fraud if N48b. Not forgetting he was board chairman of NSITF
When was Oshiomole board member of NSITF?
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by Sammye(m): 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2018
Shouldn't he(Oshiomle) have first of all consult the president before issuing a threat to him. Is he a member of FEC. I wonder if it would have been Ibe Kachi who is not a partisan 'politician' will he boss him around?
My chairman go and wake the president up, cikina
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by eagleu: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2018
blazer2018:
I don't know what the fuse it about the directive...how can a minister be overseeing d affairs of a whole ministry without bn checked by a board as provided in d law of d land? Or is d Trust Fund agency dat was accused of using N5.6B to subscribe for DSTV and Fuel within 4 years not under Ngige's ministry?

Oshiomhole is bringing to the table what that ball-less Oyegun couldn't...putting everyone on his toes.

The man is very corrupt like many friends and associates of Buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by Yankee101: 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2018
Money dey the parastatal. Hungry people
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by alpha2zulu: 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2018
Dramatic party full of lies and deceit
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by LKO(m): 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
Oshiomole is only fighting for his bosom friend Chief Frank Kokori who is appointed to head one of the board, the non inauguration of the board is making Frank Kokori unhappy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by RZArecta2(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2018
Ebube D Statesman @akaebube My attention has been drawn to the ongoing crisis in APC's dressing Room New Manager, Oshiomhole, threatened to drop Ngige from the team. He also said he won't condone the cluelessness of Club Owner, Buhari, anymore
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by Max24: 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2018
eagleu:
See how Oshiomle waxes very strong whenever it comes to Igbo public officials. Remember how he falsely accused Ngozi Okonjo Iweala of all sorts of crimes.
Nice observation. He will never talk against a northern minister. He can only brag against Ngige. Oshiomole is a noisemaker who knows his masters
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by DrObum(m): 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2018
This one na MFM prayers.

O Lord! Wherever the enemies of this nation are gathered, let them slap themselves, insult themselves, 'chook' themselves bottle, then somersault and die!

So, Oshiomole was board chairman before the last board, he knows that the probe might get to him. He definitely has something to hide.
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by SoftP(m): 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2018
middlebeltboy:
in as much that I like what Oshomole is doing, he should know that he is APC chairman not president of Federal republic....

the midget is acting as if he achieved tangible accomplishments during his reign as governor
HE DID
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by gassbee: 5:57am On Aug 08, 2018
LKO:
Oshiomole is only fighting for his bosom friend Chief Frank Kokori who is appointed to head one of the board, the non inauguration of the board is making Frank Kokori unhappy.
pm sent
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by LKO(m): 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
gassbee:
pm sent

I have issue with that mail. Any info?
Re: Buhari’s Minister Fires APC Chairman, Oshiomhole by gassbee: 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
LKO:

I have issue with that mail. Any info?
which other mail can I contact u with

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Exposes El Rufai Family Agenda / Senate Approves N983bn Supplementary Budget For 2021 / Nnamdi Kanu's Young Lawyer Arguing His Case Brilliantly In Court (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.