Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why (7577 Views)

God's Love For You Is Not On Trial. / Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince / 14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by realmindz: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2018
kingthreat:

Its nearer to the truth than unbelief

Lol.. Nearer to the truth. The height of self denial.

It's either true or false.

Billions of people believe Muhammad is the last prophet of god and theres no other god other than Allah and Allah has no son. Is that the truth or not?
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by Justiceleague1: 11:46am On Jul 29, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
As the scriptures say; God is love. He loves us even much more than we know. God so loves us that He sacrificed His own Son for our rebellion. God’s love is also much more than we can understand.

Ephesians 3:19
and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

This scripture is saying that God’s love is so great that it surpasses understanding. It means it cannot be humanly comprehended in full.
We should also note that, God’s love sometimes might not be that pleasurable at the initial stage in some cases, but at the end it comes out the best for us. It eventually turns us to what He wants us to become.

Ephesians 12:5-12
5 and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons,
“MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD,
NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM;
6 FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES,
AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES.”
7 It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? 8 But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness. 11 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

Someone might be thinking, since I am born again, why am I still passing through some difficulties and trials? This can still be as a result of God’s love. We think as humans and all we want is pleasure here on earth, but what God want for us is pleasure here and eternity. He trains and disciplines us through trials and difficulties in other so we can come out strong and when He eventually gives us all our need here on earth, our focus will not deviate from Him.

He does not want us to spend eternity in hell. No wonder the Bible says, God’s love surpasses understanding. So stay strong, don’t give up on Him, He will surely lift you out from those trials and difficulties. Always read and study His words and grow in His knowledge.
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by Olumeme: 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hahahahaha. Then there's point serving God then. Whats thr purpose of serving one whose love is toxic?
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by RuthlessLeader(m): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
kingthreat:

True christianity encourages, rather than mocks.
That's all? Okay.
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by RuthlessLeader(m): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
freezze:
do you understand English at all?
Yes I do
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by Boboye4slim(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
Okay.

I guess when your children are killed or raped, when you are robbed by criminals and when SARS extort you, God is showing you love.

God hater. But don't worry, He understands you're limited in thinking and dat u don't see the bigger picture. He still loves you no matter what
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by Boboye4slim(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
BedLam:
You saying god can't give orgas.m? That's bad angry

Blasphemy......you ant!
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by Boboye4slim(m): 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
kingthreat:

Another atheist. Keep mocking the faith which billions of people live by. People like you need to be born in places like present Syria, Afghanistan or Saudi, where if you express your ungodly views you get axed. But here is Christianity, peaceful and open to be embraced or discarded without compulsion but you atheists mock us like we are brainless. You want a physical proof of God and if God were to express himself to you, you would still throw your insults. Enjoy your atheism but learn to respect people's faith even though you do not believe in it.
God bless you
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by BedLam: 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
Boboye4slim:

Blasphemy......you ant!
I love you too.
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by BedLam: 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
kingthreat:

Another atheist. Keep mocking the faith which billions of people live by. People like you need to be born in places like present Syria, Afghanistan or Saudi, where if you express your ungodly views you get axed. But here is Christianity, peaceful and open to be embraced or discarded without compulsion but you atheists mock us like we are brainless. You want a physical proof of God and if God were to express himself to you, you would still throw your insults. Enjoy your atheism but learn to respect people's faith even though you do not believe in it.
You are telling me that if you are given the chance, youd be worse than Bokoharam. Lovely.
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by Boboye4slim(m): 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
BedLam:
I love you too.

Don't love me! Love God, and the Lord your savior. He gave you life!!!
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by BedLam: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
Boboye4slim:

Don't love me! Love God, and the Lord your savior. He gave you life!!!
My mom gave me life.
By now I'd think your love is enough for god? Why does it need mine ?
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by RuthlessLeader(m): 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2018
Boboye4slim:

God hater. But don't worry, He understands you're limited in thinking and dat u don't see the bigger picture. He still loves you no matter what
JusThat as much as he loves the children dyinget in Africa and leah sharibu
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by Boboye4slim(m): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
BedLam:
My mom gave me life.
By now I'd think your love is enough for god? Why does it need mine ?

Ya right yur mom gave you life. Dummy.
Remiel is the angel who takes account and lead soul to judgement, keep on blabbing abt thing u don't know.
There's so much you don't understand
Why fault God when he already warned you of the evil that prevails.
A war is going in on
Leah sharibu is better of. You're looking at pain from the human perspective, do you expect God to do the same?? Will you deny the existence of Good and evil??
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by UnchangeableGod: 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
As the scriptures say; God is love. He loves us even much more than we know. God so loves us that He sacrificed His own Son for our rebellion. God’s love is also much more than we can understand.

Ephesians 3:19
and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

This scripture is saying that God’s love is so great that it surpasses understanding. It means it cannot be humanly comprehended in full.
We should also note that, God’s love sometimes might not be that pleasurable at the initial stage in some cases, but at the end it comes out the best for us. It eventually turns us to what He wants us to become.

Ephesians 12:5-12
5 and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons,
“MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD,
NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM;
6 FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES,
AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES.”
7 It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? 8 But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness. 11 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

Someone might be thinking, since I am born again, why am I still passing through some difficulties and trials? This can still be as a result of God’s love. We think as humans and all we want is pleasure here on earth, but what God want for us is pleasure here and eternity. He trains and disciplines us through trials and difficulties in other so we can come out strong and when He eventually gives us all our need here on earth, our focus will not deviate from Him.

He does not want us to spend eternity in hell. No wonder the Bible says, God’s love surpasses understanding. So stay strong, don’t give up on Him, He will surely lift you out from those trials and difficulties. Always read and study His words and grow in His knowledge.
You are right. But your second quotation is a wrong text. It is Hebrews 12:5-12, not Ephesians. Thank you.
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by hopefulLandlord: 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
kingthreat:

Yeah and mock others for their beliefs? Right??

No! mock their belief. if the believer then feels mocked he's the one with the issue not the atheist
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by orisa37: 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
The Way of God is not The Way of Humans.. God keeps The Standards for humans.
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by NovenaConcepts: 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
Seriously, I'm not understanding

For your CV to be rewritten by a professional, send us a mail at novenaconcepts@yahoo.com
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by JesusSonOfGod: 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
You are right. But your second quotation is a wrong text. It is Hebrews 12:5-12, not Ephesians. Thank you.

Oh thanks alot. That was a mistake
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by UnchangeableGod: 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

Oh thanks alot. That was a mistake
You are welcome sir. Remain blessed and in His perfect will.
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by JesusSonOfGod: 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2018
lightblazingnow:
Please correct the scriptures quotes above. It's Hebrew 12 and not Ephesians.

Ephesians are not up the twelve chapters please.

Thanks alot. But I can't edit because, it's been moved to the front page already. It's not editing.
Re: God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why by JesusSonOfGod: 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
You are welcome sir. Remain blessed and in His perfect will.

Amen. God bless you too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tope Alabi And Shola Allynson Perform At Lagos State House Carol / US Christian-Jewish Actor, Director Sean Stone Embraces Islam In Iran / My Grace Testimony : Recurring Nightmare Stopped, Enjoying Absolute Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.