Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement (14891 Views)

Choose One For Your State: Refinery Or Brewery / Lagos, CIG Motors Sign Agreement To Produce Brand New Cars / US, Nigeria Sign Agreement On Abacha Loot Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by FriendNG: 8:13am On Jul 24, 2018
Ibrahimmrfish:

The refinery is 100℅ privately funded and the oil to be refine will come from Niger republic so what bring Niger Delta into this?

Allow the mumu to dwell in his stupidity. He wanted to console himself not to cry hence writing Niger Delta oil.

3 Likes

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:42am On Jul 24, 2018
revolt:
i know education isnt merit based in your region but here we analyse analytically that being said.....if its a private refinery and they intend to also buy oil from niger republic govt has no biz signing an agreement with them. Its either the govt puts a cap on oil importarion or they make it a free access commodity ie reduce tariffs.. which wouod apply to every investor in that sector. Or ie this agreement strictly biased towards a single player. Well afterall na only dangote and this katsina ...govt deems fit to suppirt with our oil money.
By trying to prove u that u are smart,expose u stu-pidity. So u mean a private company can just lay down pipe from Niger to Nigeria without involving the government of both countries. For person that talking about education being on merit,u don't sound like a graduate.You sound like a person with a limited knowledge of international affairs. So next time before u insult a whole region,just look at yours first.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by cocoberry(f): 8:51am On Jul 24, 2018
Preach on Brother!!!

Paperwhite:
-After crippling the Nigerian refineries?
-After embezzling the Turn Around Maintenance(TAM)?
-After the futile search for oil in Lake Chad but delibrately neglecting the good prospects in the Benue valley?
- After signing fraudulent NNPC contracts worth $26 million without any development?
-Of what economic value is a refinery in Kastina State or have it become an oil-producing state
The misplace priority of this cluesless government is mind boggling.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by revolt(m): 8:56am On Jul 24, 2018
Ibrahimmrfish:

By trying to prove u that u are smart,expose u stu-pidity. So u mean a private company can just lay down pipe from Niger to Nigeria without involving the government of both countries. For person that talking about education being on merit,u don't sound like a graduate.You sound like a person with a limited knowledge of international affairs. So next time before u insult a whole region,just look at yours first.
You ediotic ranter....pipes do not have to be laid to build a refinery from niger to nigeria. Thats how ur ppl built pipes from nd to kaduna ....a very lousy way of thinking. Everything is political. The US is our biggest importer of fuel i dnt rmba pipes being laid from here. So oga ...vamoose.

1 Like

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by adeoba2008(m): 9:04am On Jul 24, 2018
Homeboiy:
He he he south west people how far

Not too far.
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by IslamicRebel: 9:14am On Jul 24, 2018
Fulani. The curse of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 9:19am On Jul 24, 2018
revolt:
You ediotic ranter....pipes do not have to be laid to build a refinery from niger to nigeria. Thats how ur ppl built pipes from nd to kaduna ....a very lousy way of thinking. Everything is political. The US is our biggest importer of fuel i dnt rmba pipes being laid from here. So oga ...vamoose.
Build a pipe line from Nigeria to US,my guy how stu-pidity are u? Do u know the distance.There is a pipe line being built from Canada to US cause the distance is not much and also there is a network of pipe line linking Russia and Europe.Please net time before you argue,try having Little knowledge on the thing you are arguing about.

1 Like

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Printerscanner: 9:21am On Jul 24, 2018
Ndonu101:
on whose behalf is Buhari signing this

is there no NASS approval required?

I hope they are not using FG money to build refinery in Buhari's backyard for Buhari and claim it is private sector driven?

Yes, I think that is what they are doing. If Obasanjo and Goatluck had done this, then we would have refineries in Ogun and Bayelsa states by now.
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by ladman(m): 9:32am On Jul 24, 2018
revolt:

While pipes do not have to be laid, it might be safer or economically feasible based on the terrain. US is not our biggest importer of fuel, and you cannot compare transatlantic crude trade with land borders. We can be suspicious of the private nature but if the private company will lay pipes and take crude commodity from another country, it has to be political, hence the bilateral agreement.

4 Likes

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by stiles009(m): 9:50am On Jul 24, 2018
Paperwhite:
-After the futile search for oil in Lake Chad but delibrately neglecting the good prospects in the Benue valley?
- After signing fraudulent NNPC contracts worth $26 million without any development?
-Of what economic value is a refinery in Kastina State or have it become an oil-producing state

I'm not q buharist but it ridiculous when y'all hypocrite finds fault in everything. A working refinery anywhere in Nigeria is a welcome development.

4 Likes

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Gamesmart: 10:01am On Jul 24, 2018
Paperwhite:

You are an idiot!

Your reading ability did not allow you see the part it said it was 100% privately financed?

3 Likes

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Perfectbeing(m): 10:07am On Jul 24, 2018
proeast:
Lol, who in his right sense will build a refinery in a terrorist haven shocked shocked I just hope Boko Haram will not turn it into perpetual burning furnace and he'll fire. They are only gambling with $2 billion and the lives of those around. I won't be found anywhere within 40 miles radius of that time bomb grin grin

Feel free to invest your billions in the militant infested SS

3 Likes

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by shigoslim(m): 10:12am On Jul 24, 2018
Ibrahimmrfish:

The refinery is 100℅ privately funded and the oil to be refine will come from Niger republic so what bring Niger Delta into this?

you are a fool. you think every one is dullard .... which oil deposit is available in Niger Republic...... Are you okay ?
That is what i'm telling people that the igbo are political divided because of the oil deposit. there is nothing like south- east south and south-south
, you guys need to come together and fight for your common goal if care is nothing taking you people will be enslaved.

1 Like

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Perfectbeing(m): 10:39am On Jul 24, 2018
shigoslim:

you are a fool. you think every one is dullard .... which oil deposit is available in Niger Republic...... Are you okay ?
That is what i'm telling people that the igbo are political divided because of the oil deposit. there is nothing like south- east south and south-south
, you guys need to come together and fight for your common goal if care is nothing taking you people will be enslaved.

Are you assuming there's no oil deposit in Niger republic or you know for sure?

2 Likes

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by christinme224(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2018
proeast:
That's a smokescreen! These people really think we are foo.ls, I can bet with a million dollars that this refinery is being financed by FG and they even sent an open invitation to NNPC to make it look like they are observers when in actual sense it is NNPC that is providing the funds. I really pity the Niger Delta people; the oil is in your region yet the monies are being taken out to develop other places while you have only pollution to contend with!! Dangote is building one in Lagos, now buhari is building another at the border of Nigeria with Niger. While in the region that has the oil, non is being built!! On the flip side, I guess North is actually preparing for a possible breakup of Nigeria and trying to join their brothers in Niger. First was building schools in Niger when northerners are mostly illiterates. Second was building a railway line into Niger. Now is building a refinery and pipelines into Niger!! Yet people in the South are keeping quiet like Dundee united!! Ndi eriri eri.
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by AnanseK(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2018
Paperwhite:
-After woefully failing in his one-year one-refinery propaganda promise?

I can see that it pains you. But I’m not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by justine14: 11:15am On Jul 24, 2018
Tolexander:
Because it is a bilateral agreement between Nigeria and Niger republic. The source of the crude oil will be from Niger republic while the refinery will be in Nigeria.

Example of numerous black nincompoop that caused Trump to exclaimed that all blacks are from Shit-hole countries.

Likely you are
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:17am On Jul 24, 2018
Xander85:

Whereas when it comes to the south (esp' SE and SS), any project that is federally-driven or needs federal approval/funds, you see Buhari dithering, procrastinating and being even more sneaky than the Artful Dodger; on the other hand when it comes to the north (esp' the core north), before you can drop you cup of tea and shout WTF shocked, the project/scheme is already signed, sealed and waiting to be delivered!

Check out what's happening with: the Ogoni cleanup; 2nd Niger Bridge; Onitsha river port; railway construction (where SE and SS have to wait in line till others have theirs first); the new Terminal at AIIA (where work has stopped while those in Lagos, Kano, Abuja and Port Harcourt are soon to be commissioned);etc! Now juxtapose the snail pace of approvals/works on these projects with the speed with which the following were approved/built: the illegal deduction of $1 Billion for security in the north east; Baro inland river port; Kaduna inland port; Kaduna-Abuja rail; Abuja metro; the terminals in Kano, Kaduna, Abuja and Lagos airports, etc!

'One Nigeria', don't you just love it? wink
is it his fault that obj and Jonathan were ditherers?
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Jaideyone(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2018
proeast:
That's a smokescreen! These people really think we are foo.ls, I can bet with a million dollars that this refinery is being financed by FG and they even sent an open invitation to NNPC to make it look like they are observers when in actual sense it is NNPC that is providing the funds. I really pity the Niger Delta people; the oil is in your region yet the monies are being taken out to develop other places while you have only pollution to contend with!! Dangote is building one in Lagos, now buhari is building another at the border of Nigeria with Niger. While in the region that has the oil, non is being built!! On the flip side, I guess North is actually preparing for a possible breakup of Nigeria and trying to join their brothers in Niger. First was building schools in Niger when northerners are mostly illiterates. Second was building a railway line into Niger. Now is building a refinery and pipelines into Niger!! Yet people in the South are keeping quiet like Dundee united!! Ndi eriri eri.
didn't you see where it was written that the project is 100% private? go and see an optician

bigot

1 Like

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Jaideyone(m): 11:57am On Jul 24, 2018
Ndonu101:

And this Oil Magnate setting up Refinery in Katsina of all places what was his oil trading history

it is very very very suspect to me. Buhari has a history of using Surrogates to mask his theft. This so called Bilateral trade must be scrutinised.

Buhari who refused to sign a Free trade agreement between various African Countries recently seems to be moving quickly on this one!
go back and read the write up. stop making a joke of your education
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2018
shigoslim:

Your stu-pidity have no limit,so you mean to tell me that you have no idea that there is oil in Niger and Chad? Nairaland is full of children this days.Please google is your friend,just google oil in Niger and the functioning refinery there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Enice(m): 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
revolt:
i know education isnt merit based in your region but here we reason analytically.... that being said.....if its a private refinery and they intend to also buy oil from niger republic govt has no biz signing an agreement with them. Its either the govt puts a cap on oil importarion or they make it a free access commodity ie reduce tariffs.. which wouod apply to every investor in that sector. Or ie this agreement strictly biased towards a single player. Well afterall na only dangote and this katsina ...govt deems fit to suppirt with our oil money.
Niger and Nigeria have different laws and legal procedures. What may be right in Nigeria may be wrong in Niger. This is why a bilateral agreement is needed and is signed by the highest authorities of both countries.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Billygee2u: 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
Paperwhite:
-After woefully failing in his one-year one-refinery propaganda promise?
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Enice(m): 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2018
revolt:
from what you wrote up here, I support @Ibrahimmrfish that you are a slowpoke and a dangerous one at that. Please tell us, how do you intend to transport the crude economically from Niger republic to Nigeria? Through trucking or rail! If you may know mr analytical, pipelines are the cheapest means of transporting fluids. In the US, when the oil tankers gets to port, the crude is transported through pipeline to the required destination

2 Likes

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by funshint(m): 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2018
It's better; at least they'll stop spoiling our roads with their tankers.
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Neddyogu(m): 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
[quote author=Ibrahimmrfish post=69650808]
The refinery is 100℅ privately funded and the oil to be refine will come from Niger republic so what bring Niger Delta into this?[/quote

And Niger Republic has become an oil producing nation? Wonderful! Clap for yaself
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by revolt(m): 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2018
ladman:

While pipes do not have to be laid, it might be safer or economically feasible based on the terrain. US is not our biggest importer of fuel, and you cannot compare transatlantic crude trade with land borders. We can be suspicious of the private nature but if the private company will lay pipes and take crude commodity from another country, it has to be political, hence the bilateral agreement.
since were talking efficiency lets check and analyse the intent of building a refinery in katsina where theres no oil taking into consideration NIGERIA is an oil producing nation with an absence and great need of functional refineries, how can we reconcile the sanity in building refineries to connect niger republic by a govt thats in full control of the oil wells in the nigerdelta (which produces better quality and quantity. So the govt prefers to refine oil from niger republic developing their infrastructures(pipelines). Its less complicated and cheaper and more economically viable to develop and refine our oil. Need i say more. To clarify pipelines are no doubt the cheapest means of transporting crude yeaa.
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by Blue3k(m): 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
Lol why are you guys so ignorant about basic facts. You guys act spew non your browers dont come with search engine built in. Nigeria has been buying oil from them for half a decade.

Neddyogu:
And Niger Republic has become an oil producing nation? Wonderful! Clap for yaself.
shigoslim:

You are a fool. you think every one is dullard .... which oil deposit is available in Niger Republic...... Are you okay ?

1 Like

Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by osazeeblue01: 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2018
Funny country we are in.
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by badesco(m): 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2018
When other advance countries are dumping oil and embracing slternative energy, somebody here in Nigeria still want put his hard earn money on waste. Supposing, if he did not win next year election, so where will the money come from? O
Re: Katsina State Refinery: Buhari, Moumadou Issoufou Sign Agreement by ladman(m): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2018
badesco:
When other advance countries are dumping oil and embracing alternative energy, somebody here in Nigeria still want put his hard earn money on waste. Supposing, if he did not win next year election, so where will the money come from? O

No country is dumping oil. No country can dump oil for now, until alternative energy is cheaper and cost effective on a large scale. How can you call oil investment a waste? Which planet are you from? As long as the business is not shady or a front for corrupt politicians, it can survive no matter who wins the election.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Is Completely Dead, Will Be Buried February 16 – Oshoimhole / Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident / Anambra State Government To Begin Digital Revenue Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.