Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident (14874 Views)

Funeral Mass For Raymond Dokpesi (Obituary) / Photos From The Requiem Mass Of Pupils Killed In Fatal Accident In Enugu / Orji Kalu Storms Aba For Tonimas' Requiem Mass (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by OEPHIUS(m): 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
Immortalises victims, donates 18-seater bus at Requiem Mass

…Visits accident scene

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, on Monday, joined the Catholic faithful and families of the deceased pupils of Presentation Nursery and Primary School, Awgu, and other victims who lost their lives in a recent fatal road accident in Awgu Local Government Area of the state, to celebrate a Requiem Mass for them at the school premises, in Awgu town.

Gov. Ugwuanyi who described the eight pupils as "angles" bade farewell to them, their late teacher, Emmanuella Chukwugbo and the school bus driver, Chukwu Basil, as well as other victims.

The governor said that his administration was saddened, devastated and overwhelmed with grief by "the eventual realisation that we had lost eight young innocent school children, one teacher and the school bus driver to this tragedy".

Laden with grief, the governor lamented: "Our children; our angels; had gone too soon and too suddenly; for no fault of their own.
“They were too innocent to have offended anyone; too young to have known sin; they only attended the day’s school; to acquire knowledge and high moral values; Yes, they were on their way home; to unite, as usual, with their beloved parents and siblings; a journey home that was never completed; what a tragedy!

According to him, “As Christians, we submit to the will of the most High God, who alone, knows why it happened. We accept our faith and find consolation in the conviction that our deceased angels are early arrivals in heaven; already seated in the midst of the heavenly host, praising God and glorifying his name”.

Disclosing that his administration, on the heels of the tragedy, had visited the recuperating survivors in the hospitals, Gov. Ugwuanyi extended “our condolences to the families of the deceased and our solidarity to the Catholic Diocese of Awgu” and prayed for divine healing and quick recovery of the injured as well as the fortitude for the families of the departed souls to bear the painful losses.

While sympathising with the management of the school, Gov. Ugwuanyi donated a brand new 18-seater bus to the school and promised to erect a monument at the scene of the accident to immortalise the school children.

The governor thanked all those who toiled to save the accident victims and reduce casualty such as “the Bishop of Awgu Catholic Diocese, the Federal Road Safety Corps, Enugu State Command, Ministries of Transport and Health, Enugu State, Awgu Local Government Council Chairman and the attending health care workers in the hospitals, volunteers, men and women of good will” and thereafter shared a touching true-life story of Horatio Spafford (It is well with my soul) “to console us in this difficult period”.

Earlier in his sermon, the Catholic Bishop of Awgu Diocese, Most Rev. John Okoye consoled the families of the victims and urged them to take solace in the scriptures and “in our Lord Jesus Christ”.

He therefore appreciated Gov. Ugwuanyi for his administration’s empathy, support and solidarity since the tragedy, adding that “the governor did not only call to console us that fateful day; he sent his deputy to us the next day and as soon as he concluded his meeting with other South East leaders, on Friday, the governor physically made his way to the Teaching Hospital to empathise with the survivors and paid their medical bills.

“Your gestures touched us very deeply and we can’t forget them”, the bishop said.
The clergy and dignitaries at the event include the Catholic Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Most Rev. Callistus Onaga, the Catholic Bishop of Nsukka Diocese, Prof. Godfrey Igwebuike Onah, the Auxiliary Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Most. Rev. John Obodo, the Anglican Bishop of Awgu/Aninri, Rt. Rev. Benson Chukwunweike, the Chief Whip of Enugu State House of Assembly, Hon. Mrs. Jane Eneh.

Others include the Commissioner for Education, Prof. Uche Eze, the Commissioner for Science and Technology, Sir. Obi Karma, their Culture and Tourism counterpart, Hon. Ugonna Ibe, the Chairman of Awgu LGA, Hon. Pedro Nwankwo, the Enugu State President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Alex Ogbonna, etc.

Enugu State is in the hands of God!

#amokelouis
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1062657387540346&id=219622205177206

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by sammysmiles(m): 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2020
I feel the pains of those parents.... May their innocent and gentle souls rest in peace including the teacher and the driver....

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by NwaNimo1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Tragic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by onward4life(m): 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2020
But if I ask

How did dis happen...

Was it as a result of bad roads?

Police check point?

Dangerous driving?

After seeing 2yr old as a victim

As for me I need solid answers or else

Someone Xtra gats to go..(life or job)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by Moferere: 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2020
May God rest their souls

1 Like

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by kambili999(f): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2020
cry cry

May they rest well in God's bosom.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by EMXTAN1(m): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2020
Too sad. May their souls rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by TinubuGoQuench(f): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2020
Rip
Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by my2chains(m): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2020
please I need a partner in farming pepper, okro, and ugu leaf here in lagos, i did got a land with borehole already but no funds to continue.
so there is water available there. I need to go back and complete this great task, a budget of 60-75k will do.
please do call me on 09032884494

thanks and God bless!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by GOFRONT(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2020
Chaiii.....

God pls bring back this Kids and let death take away Buhari and Burataii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by hajaguna: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2020
very sad incident... rest on...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by paulolee(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2020
Its painful seeing the dreams of those young ones cut short...I pray GOD gives the parents enough strength to bear d losses..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by Ritapearlydove(f): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2020
God please protect our kids sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by StPete: 7:02am On Nov 10, 2020
This is heartbreaking. As a parent, I can feel the emotional pangs of this irreparable loss. I was moved to tears reading this. May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace...amen

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by tjones007: 7:02am On Nov 10, 2020
cry sad event

Rest in peace. cry cry cry cry

We were promised death, no man escape it.
Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by adioolayi(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2020
So sad....God comfort the families of the departed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by Homeboiy: 7:03am On Nov 10, 2020
May their souls rest in thy lord

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by rastamouse: 7:03am On Nov 10, 2020
As a father with children aged 6, 3 and 1, I can't imagine what I would have done if my child was part of this. I probably would have died to join them.

May the LORD grant grace to the parents who lost these precious Angels. It just doesn't make sense that such innocent lives should be lost through an avoidable thing like a road accident.

This is too painful sha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by chukwuibuipob: 7:03am On Nov 10, 2020
sad May God have mercy on them all
Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by simple250: 7:03am On Nov 10, 2020
Innocent children

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by Dpharisee: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2020
As a father with very young kids it was hard for me to even open this thread, I pray that God will console the families cry cry

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by moscobabs(m): 7:05am On Nov 10, 2020
onward4life:
But if I ask

How did dis happen...

Was it as a result of bad roads?

Police check point?

Dangerous driving?

After seeing 2yr old as a victim

As for me I need solid answers or else

Someone Xtra gats to go..(life or job)

Might be over speed, break failure or negligence
May their souls rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by mamotalk: 7:07am On Nov 10, 2020
God please comfort those who mourn over this tragic incidence
Please grant the departed eternal rest your bossom
And help us to thread in the just path at each new Dawn.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by ekaette1621: 7:08am On Nov 10, 2020
a
Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by Ugwuoha: 7:11am On Nov 10, 2020
Good step taken by Gburugburu.
This is commendable.

He should also extend the same treatment to IPOB members murdered in cold blood at Emene by terrorist Nigerian military.
He should get this same panoply of bishops to hold a very solemn requiem mass for those young men who were cut down in the prime of youth by the wicked hands of the upholders of the false federation of Nigeria.
Gburugburu should be fair to all people in his territory.
Random symbolic acts will take us nowhere!
We will never forgive.
There is no forgetting.
We will always call to mind the manifold atrocities committed against us in our own land.
We also remember unend the pretentious and cowardly stance of all those men in government whose actions betray a belief that some lives are more important than others.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by chii8(f): 7:12am On Nov 10, 2020
Chaiii.... I'm in tears oooo, three among them are bearing same surname,I hope they are not from same mother. embarassed embarassed embarassed

May their gentle soul find rest in the bossom of the Lord.Amen.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by jimter44(m): 7:19am On Nov 10, 2020
May the soul of departed rest in the bosom of the Lord.
Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 10, 2020
[s]
Ugwuoha:
Good step taken by Gburugburu.
This is commendable.

He should also extend the same treatment to IPOB members murdered in cold blood by terrorist Nigerian military.
He should get this same panoply of bishops to hold a very solemn requiem mass for those young men who were cut down in the prime of youth by the wicked hands of the upholders of the false federation of Nigeria.
Gburugburu should be fair to all people in his territory.
Random symbolic acts will take us nowhere!
[/s]

Are you mad?

Cursed childless demon

Idiot

Talking about terrorists here

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by Ugwuoha: 7:28am On Nov 10, 2020
Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 10, 2020
[quote author=Ugwuoha post=95876133][/quote]

You are a demon that's all

Cursed thing
Re: Enugu Holds Requiem Mass For Pupils Of Presentation School Who Died In Accident by Ugwuoha: 7:31am On Nov 10, 2020
Nightstalker:

You are a demon that's all

Cursed thing

Are you done?
Go on.
Go ahead.
Continue.
They say there is some pleasure in being insane.
Go on, enjoy yourself while you can.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Redesign: We’re Waiting For Supreme Court Judgement, Kogi Govt Insists / History Of Ibadan (pix Of Old Ibadan) / Wike Sacks State's Accountant-general

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.