Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

My SARS Story - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My SARS Story (453 Views)

‘they Pointed Their Guns At My Leg’, Man Shares His Lagos SARS Story / Another SARS Story: SARS Officers Shoot, Whisk Away Lagos Trader / My SARS Brutality Experience #EndSarsBrutality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My SARS Story by KOKSNATION: 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2018
"Because of my beard, nice look and UK drivers license and PhD qualification, they seized my phones, detained and cuffed me"

The SARS menace continues and this time, it happened in Port Harcourt. A victim shared his story on how he was detained wrongly and robbed off his belongings because he looks young, bearded and was driving a flashy car.

What was his crime? his UK phone was riddled with regular, innocent text messages. The guy has been a flipping resident of the UK for the last 12 years, visiting Nigeria for the first time in 4 years, shown evidences of his residency, UK drivers license, PhD qualifications, Bournemouth University staff lecturer ID and complimentary cards, UK bank/credit cards and even old ATM and POS receipts in his wallet and his crime was, "A Yahoo Boy".

Take a read:
The combination F-SARS and Mobile Policemen around Mandela Car wash in GRA Port Harcourt must have extorted nothing less than N1m yesterday from Road users. I was a victim. I demanded to be arrested and taken to the station for our so-called offenses to be properly documented and treated...of course they vociferously, almost violently and shamelessly refused…they instead demanded ridiculous sums of money from me for my brother to be released.

First of, when my younger brother called to say he had been stopped by some heavily armed men, in less than 5 seconds into that conversation, I heard shouts and obvious distress in the background..it sounded like slaps, next thing, the line cut. The only thing I got from that 5 secs convo was that armed men stopped me somewhere in GRA...Alarmed and not even sure if it was the police or where to look, I drove thru every street in GRA phase 2 & 3 for the next hour. Within that hour, I must have given his both lines over 300 missed calls. Because his lines were still on and no one was picking I concluded dude has been kidnapped seeing that there's no way if it was the police, they won't let him pick his calls to at least let his people know which station to come.

At this point, it occurred to me to check every police division around ........read more: https://koksnation..com/2018/07/trending-my-sars-story.html
Re: My SARS Story by crossfire(m): 2:30am On Jul 24, 2018
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested For killing His Friend During A Burial (Photos) / 57 Year Old Man Uses All His Children For Ritual / How I Flooded Markets With Fake Drugs – Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.