Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes (21116 Views)

Stop filming yourselves while having fun, Anambra Commissioner cautions ladies / See What Fixing Of Nails Did To Me, Never Will I Fix Nails In This Life Again / Stop Squeezing Your Woman's Breasts: Medical Doctor Warns Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by abokikhalifa: 3:07am On Jul 24, 2018
A medical practitioner, Dr Ayopo Adeyemi, on Sunday warned women against the use of artificial eyelashes, commonly used to enhance beauty, in view of its grievous consequences.

Adeyemi told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the health implications of fixing false eyelashes included corneal abrasions or ulcers, damage of the natural eyelashes, eye sensitivity, amongst others.

She said fixing of artificial eyelashes had become an increasingly popular trend in the fashion world as most ladies, regardless of the health implications, seek perfection and glamour.

According to her, natural eyelashes had its natural way of preventing dirt, sweat, bacteria and other foreign materials from entering into the eye by trapping and keeping out anything that comes near.

Adeyemi, a practitioner at Mushin General Hospital, Lagos, said false eyelashes would accommodate the dirt, thereby causing different forms of allergy and infections.

“The use of harmful chemicals on the eyelashes can cause them to fall out quicker than they naturally would and it is also dangerous when tools to be used come in close proximity to the eye.

“Artificial eyelashes can cause trauma to the eye either through the glue and other materials used or unprofessional operators; there could be introduction of microbes into the eye causing conjunctivitis of all types.

“The lashes themselves can cause allergic conjunctivitis trapping and retaining dirt around the eye,” she said.

Adeyemi advised ladies to minimise the rate at which they fix false eyelashes if they must retain healthy natural ones.

http://www.candygist.com/2018/05/medical-doctor-cautions-ladies-on.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:51am On Jul 24, 2018
We hope they listen.
Your eye is the mirror of your body!
Ok bye!

Gbemiie:

Hahaha. So funny. But if we don't beautify ourselves now you guys will rush outside in search of wetin nor lost tongue tongue

Lol, we see that thing as a very dangerous fashion something o.
What if your eyes glue together?
God forbid!
We are always afraid of that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:09am On Jul 24, 2018
undecided undecided
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by Olalan(m): 4:18am On Jul 24, 2018
All in the name of slaying they put their future at risk

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by tommykiwi(m): 10:55am On Jul 24, 2018
Hope the slay queens listens to this piece of advice.
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by Assassin101: 10:56am On Jul 24, 2018
Cee Cee wont like this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by Tallesty1(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2018
post=69649007:
We hope they listen.
They will never listen. Ladies prefer to learn from their own mistakes instead of learning from that of those around them.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by etibaba(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2018
The new trend now is for one Medical practitioner with no past reliable research coming out with things that are yet to be proven to back up their hypothesis. This country self ehn.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by Donsilva64(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2018
some will be like ion giv a shit! I pray dere eyes fall down Awon afonjas girls
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by KingLennon(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2018
Girls are competing with theirselves all the time and u expect them to stop putting on eye lashes? They are displaying their slaying skills nah grin
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by maxiuc(m): 10:57am On Jul 24, 2018
cheesy
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 24, 2018
I had the single lash extensions done and the bitchè that charged me used too much of the glue. For the next 2 days I was in agony...
I had to smother my lashes in vaseline for the next couple of days to loosen them. I lost some lashes in the process. It was the first and last time I did that. Nothings better than your natural lashes. cry

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by Khd95(m): 11:00am On Jul 24, 2018
fake nyash,fake wig,fake brezz, fakek skin, fake eye lashes, fake punna too shocked shocked

fadalawwd,please deliver us from these daughters of jezebel..our mothers were npt like this,yet they were beautiful, responsible and virtous angry angry

9 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by 8stargeneral: 11:01am On Jul 24, 2018
Any girl dat put eyelashes, I dey use one eye dey look am,it really turn me off undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:01am On Jul 24, 2018
Tallesty1:
They will never listen. Ladies prefer to learn from their own mistakes instead of learning from that of those around them.
Hoping atleast some will listen o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by dbynonetwork: 11:02am On Jul 24, 2018
Only males have commented on this thread... Where are the females?..
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by bedspread: 11:03am On Jul 24, 2018
Even The Devil knows that fixing eye Lashes has Dangerous consequences
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by Pidginwhisper: 11:05am On Jul 24, 2018
grin
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by liver123(m): 11:07am On Jul 24, 2018
Let their eyes go blind, I don't care. I detest girls that fix eye lashes
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by Ogbenisoft28(m): 11:07am On Jul 24, 2018
dbynonetwork:
Only males have commented on this thread... Where are the females?..

THEY HAVE GONE TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY TO RESCUE SP AND DSP

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by OboOlora(f): 11:08am On Jul 24, 2018
When suya and asun nor sell again, u start making FTC on every thread

5 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by derbykol(f): 11:08am On Jul 24, 2018
LivingFree:
I had the single lash extensions done and the bitchè that charged me used too much of the glue. For the next 2 days I was in agony...
I had to smother my lashes in vaseline for the next couple of days to loosen them. I lost some lashes in the process. It was the first and last time I did that. Nothings better than your natural lashes. cry
Thank you.
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by PrincessB1(f): 11:09am On Jul 24, 2018
Wow, what an eye opener to those who fix eye lashes.

Please ladies let's avoid causing self harm to our eyes because; the eyes serves as a metaphorical window by which light enters the whole body.
Fixing of eye lashes causes more harm than good.
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by derbykol(f): 11:10am On Jul 24, 2018
I don't fix lashes.

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by amolak: 11:11am On Jul 24, 2018
That thing pissed me off, you see ladies blinking eyes like baby kings way

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by sweetonugbu: 11:13am On Jul 24, 2018
don't like it
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by lizzypro: 11:13am On Jul 24, 2018
grin my twin sis won't like this

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by exporters101: 11:17am On Jul 24, 2018
Lashes FC will not like this
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by dbynonetwork: 11:21am On Jul 24, 2018
Ogbenisoft28:

THEY HAVE GONE TO THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY TO RESCUE SP AND DSP

Lol.....
I detest ladies who put on eye lashes ....Most Nigerian ladies tend to appear fake..
Re: Medical Doctor Cautions Ladies On The Threats Of Fixing Eyelashes by Gbemiie: 11:21am On Jul 24, 2018
post=69649007:
We hope they listen.
Your eye is the mirror of your body!
Ok bye!

Hahaha. So funny. But if we don't beautify ourselves now you guys will rush outside in search of wetin nor lost tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Facts You Probably Never Knew About Autism / Coronavirus: Suspected Case In Enugu Tests Negative / Ladies: How To Know If You Have A Loose Vagiina (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.