Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,547 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy (11820 Views)

Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors / Woman Mocked For Being "Pregnant" Over 5 Years Undergoes Surgery. Graphic Photos / 38,000 Nigerian Doctors Are Working In The Diaspora- Eko University Of Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Ugosample(m): 10:25am On Jul 24, 2018
aribisala0:
Guy if you do not have a brain do not quote me rudely . I have zero tolerance for wiseguys so keep your wisecracks to yourself.

In the UK and the US for example hardly anyone graduates from medical without debt usually in excess of $60000.

The government is well within its rights to charge university students the real cost of their education without subsidy. Those who can pay are free to graduate and go
those who cannot will have to "work off " the debt on terms that are explicit before they matriculate. It is fair to say we retain your certificate until you have paid your debt.
If you owe a university they are within their rights to withhold your certificate

There is nothing medieval about that . It is business.
I know for a fact that doctors trained in the 70s 80s and 90s did not pay one kobo as fees and after graduation many have left the country .

That is not sustainable.
Now in England university education is no longer free so there is nothing new or unprecedented. There are student loans in every country. The method of recovery varies from place to place but if you are trained as a doctor for free in Nigeria and you want to leave then you should pay for the real cost of your education

Story story

Okay, let US assume that they pay the "real cost" which .sure is a pittance any ways, don't you think that the doctors leaving will be happy to pay, as it means that they are finally free from the $hithole?

Besides in Nigeria most of us benefited nothing from it, apart from the "subsidized tertiary education" which btw is of pathetic quality

$hithole country undecided
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Amarabae(f): 10:39am On Jul 24, 2018
danilmo:
just finished preclinical,(now in path and pharm class ) surprised most ( I mean 60% ) of my class mate av already gotten usmle text and getting orientation from seniors on how to jet out,

I av no choice than to tell them to put me thru also..

hmm, Nigeria will get her fact right someday but before then lemme follow suite first..

Amarabae comes to mind, ( tell me na taxi all of them are driving)
cheesy
Nigeria can't pay doctors millions.
It's impossible.
No profession is having it easy here, some are just here because of family and other things.
If you wanna leave, you leave.
wink wink

1 Like

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 24, 2018
emmie14:

Impact more sensitive ideas into that imbecyl

What ?
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 24, 2018
thedondada:

The hustler also known as drug dealer got shot with for no apparent reason.

Lol and they think it's xenophobia. That's an assassination in hustle terms a HIT

Exactly and most of these assassinations are done by Nigerians themselves, but they know how to manipulate the people back home , claiming it's done by " jealous South Africans " .

1 Like

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by kitone: 11:18am On Jul 24, 2018
Jokerman:
Those doctors are not patriotic.... FG should find a way to curtail the movement of these doctors...
stupid talk ,when they go on strike For non payment of their salaries,you go dey complain.its not too late you can go and buy jamb form and become the patriotic Nigeria Doctor.myshewww

1 Like

Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by danilmo: 11:40am On Jul 24, 2018
Amarabae:

Nigeria can't pay doctors millions.
It's impossible.
No profession is having it easy here, some are just here because of family and other things.
If you wanna leave, you leave.
wink wink

yes ma
cheesy
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by rs172(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
Jokerman:

Lol.... at least dem dey collect pay.... some people never see anything collect.... If all doctors leave, who go remain to help or change the country for the better??

Politician kids who went to school abroad instead, would come back to develop Nigeria
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by emmie14: 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
Runalong333:

What ?
You want them to ban me?
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Chauke(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2018
Diiet:
And yet they kill Nigerians as if we are not adding any value to their country.
Anytime they unjustly kill another Nigerian, our Doctors working over there should use their large presence in SA health sector to fight back by going on strike. If they do this, their goverment and people will learn to respect us.

Why everything coming out of Nigeria is so embellished?
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by Nobody: 2:32am On Jul 25, 2018
emmie14:

You want them to ban me?

For ?
Re: Over 5,000 Nigerian Doctors In S/africa - Envoy by emmie14: 5:00am On Jul 25, 2018
Runalong333:

For ?
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bad Sperm Parameters Fixable With Natural Herbs / COVID-19 Update For November 3 2020 In Nigeria / For Those Who Have Irregular Complexion In Your Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.