Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:57 PM

Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From (42969 Views)

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / Can Someone Please Share How To Import Cars To Nigeria / How To Import Cars From USA To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by crafteck(m): 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2018
manny4u:
Give me Innoson any time any day.

You want to earn passive income before the end of today? please check my signature

Lol
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by crafteck(m): 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
Emycord:
Lies Na shame No Let Una Put Am

Its just a pass through country

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by AutoJoshNG: 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2018
Therealev:
So Autojosh, If I find a car on any of the above listed websites, can you help me make all the arrangements to get it to my doorstep ? From VN Check, clearing, procurement and everything ? Please do let me know, thank you.

Yes.
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by Therealev: 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

Yes.

Thank you, I will keep that in mind.
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by computerglobal(m): 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

Note that any car you are buying may have been tampered with e.g mileage roll-back, repaired accident, flooded cars etc. This is why you are advised to do a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) check to determine the history of the car you are about to buy.

Don't forget to like, rate, share and tell us the country your car came from. For some of us, it might be China, United Kingdom, South Africa, Japan etc.

https://autojosh.com/top-5-countries-nigerians-import-cars-from/

Car shopping can be overwhelming so make sure you do your research ahead to avoid being ripped off.Get a vehicle history check to know everything about the vehicle

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report

Comprehensive Report

100% Verified, Accurate Data

Fast, no-hassle turn around

Instant Report Delivery

The Fastest Service Delivery

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with the our vehicle history that's right for you.

With Vin checks and reports willsave you money on your initial investment in a vehicle, but can help steer you away from a vehicle that is problematic and into something that is going to bring you years of enjoyment.

For Free Flood Damaged Vehicle Checks . Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4030035/free-flood-damaged-vehicle-checks#60086379
Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Manufacturer recalls check Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Basic Vehicle Information Package (BVIP) Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4180047/free-basic-vehicle-information-package

Comprehensive Vehicle Report
Tested and Trusted

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.
https:///send?phone=2348060365068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

Email : computerglobaltech at gmail dot com
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by CarGuideNG: 12:54pm On Jul 24, 2018
obembet:
Thank u

How can I check Vehicle Identification Number

Hello

It's quite easy, the most common location to find the VIN is indicated in the pictures below.

When the driver's door is opened, there's a sticker with a 17 digit number and some other text.

The 17 digit number is the VIN, also known as the Chassis Number.

There are other locations, such as the windscreen, on the drivers side, the other doors, the engine compartment, etc.

Once you get the number, you can forward it via whatsapp, email, or Call/SMS. You can check the profile for contact information.

1 Share

Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by chukzyfcbb: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
what about UK?

In fact UK should replace UAE.

Go to alaba, and u will see lots of cars from UK lying there, waiting for who to convert it from right HND to left hand drive

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by favourbaby: 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
I didn't see Benin republic o, am I missing something?
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by stevyno1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hello AutoJosh
How can I get your contact
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by AutoJoshNG: 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
stevyno1:
Hello AutoJosh
How can I get your contact

https://autojosh.com/contact/
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by erico2k2(m): 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2018
mybestlove:
And that is when our woes in motorization started.

Embracing American cars has silently doomed Nigerians without their knowledge.

It is absurd that a developing country like Nigeria welcomed American jumbo auto culture with open arms

Do you know the restriction Europe put on importation of America vehicles?

Their V6, V8 and other fat engines are the major contributors to our fuel ordeal in Nigeria.
Plz explain the restrictions the EU has on American cars .

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by erico2k2(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
favourbaby:
I didn't see Benin republic o, am I missing something?
Do they make cars there ? I think it's about country of origin . Ie brand new at first.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by erico2k2(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
what about UK?

Go to alaba, and u will see lots of cars from UK lying there, waiting for who to convert it from right HND to left hand drive
This is true . The UK ships loads of cars to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by favourbaby: 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
erico2k2:

Do they make cars there ? I think it's about country of origin . Ie brand new at first.

Well ...... Bros Erico!
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by computerglobal(m): 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
obembet:
Thank u

How can I check Vehicle Identification Number

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///send?phone=2348060365068

Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by Emycord: 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
crafteck:

Its just a pass through country
Stop Making Excuses. You Import Electronics From dubai. But They Are Branded "Made In China" Is That A Pass Through Country Too?. Most cows And Beans Are From Outside Country Produced In Chad, Niger, sudan Etc And Exported From Our Port . But We Claim To Export hides And Skin And Beans
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by Tabbaz(m): 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
Nice thread
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by unipol(m): 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ur information is misleading. Immediately I saw the shipping cost from Germany to Nigeria I stopped reading
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by bameyi(m): 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
Very informative. Thanks men
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2018
[quote author=chukzyfcbb post=69661676]what about UK?

Go to alaba, and u will see lots of cars from UK lying there, waiting for who to convert it from right HND to left hand drive [/quote
In UK cars the driver sit at other side,so if u important cars from there u have to spend a lot of money to convert the driving to our side.
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
what about UK?

UK cars have their drivers sit at the other side.It will be expensive to import cars only to spend a lot to convert the driver sit to ours.
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by okwutency(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
Autojosh, I am not in any way doubting anything above but I need to really be cleared on Dubai shipping... From what I've seen here in Dubai, they charge from 600,000naira and above... So please help me explain why such disparity?
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by 2baga(m): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
hmmm i am learning something new here

kudos @AutoJoshNG
AutoJoshNG:

Back in the days, a large number of cars on Nigerian roads were imported from Europe. However, the tide has changed gradually and "American spec" has become today's cliche. Without an iota of doubt, most of our cars now come from USA.

Today, Autojosh.com is bringing you the top 5 countries Nigerians source cars from as well as the estimated cost of shipping cars from those countries.

United States of America (USA)

The number of cars imported from USA is more than all other countries combined. From Nigerian ports statistics, it is estimated to be about 75% of total car imports. There are several reasons we get lots of imports from here. Some of these reasons are: Availability of varieties, ease of importing cars from USA even if you reside in Nigeria as well as our love for cheap deals from USA car auctions. Several car dealers also buy their cars from USA online auctions. Another reason for this influx is the fact that cars are usually sent home by the large number of Nigerians who reside there.

Cost of shipping from US ports to Nigeria is $750, however, the cost is $950 from Galveston port in Texas.  Trucking cost depends on how far the car is from the closest US port of exit. The least I've paid for trucking is $100 while the max I've paid is $1,495 from Sacramento, California.

Some of the popular websites people search and buy their cars are: cars.com, copart.com,  autotrader mobile app, iaai.com and auctionexport.com

Germany

If you are hell-bent on buying a Peugeot or a Toyota Avensis from USA, the Lord is your strength. However, these cars are found in abundance in Germany and other European countries. Anytime you see a fully loaded car coming out of the Nigerian ports, that's an easy giveaway that that car is just landing from Europe. Some people buy these cars especially the older models just to use them as a box to convey goods to Nigeria.

Shipping cost from Germany to Lagos is also about €340 (Euros).

Some of the popular websites to check cars here are mobile.de, autoscout24.de, autoscout24.com and ooyyo.com

Belgium

Belgium is home of Antwerp Seaport which is the second busiest seaport in Europe after Rotterdam in Netherlands. Several Nigerian bound cars are also trucked to this port from neighbouring European countries before being loaded on a ship.

Shipping cost from Belgium to Lagos is €325 for cars , €425 for small vans and €750 for big vans.  You will also pay €65 (Euros) to courier the documents of the vehicle.

You can check cars available for sale in Belgium on these websites: gocar.be, autoscout24.com and ooyyo.com

Canada

Some cars are cheaper in Canada compared to USA but cost of shipping to Nigeria from Canada can be higher. People also take advantage of the better exchange rate of about N280/Canadian Dollar as against the N360/US Dollar. We expect an increase in the rate cars that will be heading to Nigeria from Canada with the current rate at which Nigerians are relocating to Canada through Express Entry.

One year ago, I got a cheap 2005 Toyota Echo from Copart auction in Halifax. The price was $306 USD. I trucked it to the port for $160 USD and paid $1,350 USD ocean freight to Nigeria. Kindly tell us in the comment section if you have a shipping company that offers lower rates.

These are some websites for searching cars in Canada.. autotrader.ca and kijiji.ca as well as auctions like Copart.

United Arab Emirates (UAE)

UAE is home to many beautiful and luxury automobiles. Some popular vehicles that are imported from UAE are: Prado, Land Cruiser, Lexus LX570, Pajero, Hilux, Hiace etc.. because some of these vehicles are scarce or non-existent in USA.

Cost of shipping a car from UAE to Nigeria is about $750. Some companies also ship and clear your car through Nigeria Customs at a pre-determined rate. In this case, you'll just pick your car at their warehouse in Lagos.

Cars can be shopped from uae.dubizzle.com, dubicars.com, uae.yallamotor.com etc.

Note that any car you are buying may have been tampered with e.g mileage roll-back, repaired accident, flooded cars etc. This is why you are advised to do a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) check to determine the history of the car you are about to buy.

Don't forget to like, rate, share and tell us the country your car came from. For some of us, it might be China, United Kingdom, South Africa, Japan etc.

https://autojosh.com/top-5-countries-nigerians-import-cars-from/

Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by chukzyfcbb: 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ibrahimmrfish:

UK cars have their drivers sit at the other side.It will be expensive to import cars only to spend a lot to convert the driver sit to ours.
Enter Alaba then you can question the importers why they import those type of vehicles. smiley
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by mario147(m): 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2018
Am in Germany and I was surprise to see €340 to ship a car from Germany to Lagos shocked

[qauote author=ottersberger post=69660099]

Just a little correction here. The least shipping charge will be in Hamburg and that will set you back 500€ -520€. However, you can take your vehicle direct to the port, the Spedition Agents at the port will charge just a little less.[/quote]
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
True. The US is arguably the best country to import car from.
Buy data at unbelievably cheap rates See below
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by mybestlove(m): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
erico2k2:

Plz explain the restrictions the EU has on American cars .
European countries in a bid to protect itself from the negative impacts of American car culture imposed what the call "super tax" on vehicles with big cylinders. E.G, every vehicle from V6 has a different tax imposed on it. I think I'm right. This is an indirect restriction
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
Bouncingbabyboy:
So cotonou is no longer on earth?
who b dis one again? When cotonou don turn country?... Go tru d topic n c
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

Cotonou is no longer legitimate due to the land border ban except the car is smuggled into the country.
who b dis again? A ahh!........it.have.do.naaa. When cotonou don turn country? Nevertheless i saw how some cars were seized around d border to 9ja. Dem get plenty car companies there sha. Upon say our naira get value pass dia cfa,dat place de ok At least
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by frozen70(f): 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2018
Bouncingbabyboy:
So cotonou is no longer on earth?

People ship there cars to cotonou because of cheap clearance and nothing else.
Re: Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From by erico2k2(m): 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2018
mybestlove:

European countries in a bid to protect itself from the negative impacts of American car culture imposed what the call "super tax" on vehicles with big cylinders. E.G, every vehicle from V6 has a different tax imposed on it. I think I'm right. This is an indirect restriction
nop you are wrong, nothing like this exist, completion limits the use of American cars plus their Engine is too big fuel cost x2 in the EU than in America. We have loads of American cars here in the Uk however the Uk produce x2 makes and model of cars than America, if you look at it, what are the American cars?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Custom Duty Payment Made Easier. / Do I Buy The Chevrolet Camaro 2016 For 13m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.